Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parked on the Path

Options
  • 03-03-2015 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭

Okay so I'm a self confessed busy body but this got my goat today.

Walking down the South Circular towards town, just after Griffith is some numpty parked right across the path. I don't mean a little bit on the path lengthways I mean blocking the entire thing with inches at the back against the wall and bumper protruding out into the road slightly. Everyone is walking out into traffic (5:30 relatively busy with people and cars heading up the SCR) to get round the idiot, I squeezed around the back. Wallked up the road a bit and thought no I'm reporting that eejit so I went back to take a photo on the reg plate.

There was a woman stood near it talking to a guy pushing a bike, I honestly though she's giving out to her mate about the idiotic parking, low and behold it's the driver. So I'm asked what I'm doing and I reply reporting this car.

"It's my car"

"Well you're parked like a bit of an idiot here" or words to that effect, I wasn't overly polite but neither did a swear or curse.

She started going on about it's her drive and she's only just there; 20 or so people had walked past and into traffic at this stage. I have to say I was taken aback by her and her friend giving out. I'm afraid I then made it a big deal by taking photos of her plate and her details and passed them on to Kevin Street. I know nothing will get done by the guards but there we go.

We've all parked not thinking, but if it were you would you not just have said 'Ah sorry' and moved the bloody thing?

Sorry very long post for a daft question.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

I was with you until you got to the part where you turned around.

What ridiculous behaviour. You turned around, walked back to a car parked on the path and proceeded to take pictures of it while the driver was there remonstrating with you? She seems to have parked on the path pointing into her drive. Okay, a silly thing to do. But reporting the woman to the Police????!!!
    I know nothing will get done by the guards but there we go.

No but it made you feel better doing your "civic duty" eh? They get cranks coming into them everyday with nonsense like that. At least they got to have a laugh after you left the station.

Get a fecking life!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Jesus. wrote: »

What ridiculous behaviour. You turned around, walked back to a car parked on the path and proceeded to take pictures of it while the driver was there remonstrating with you? She seems to have parked on the path pointing into her drive. Okay, a silly thing to do. But reporting the woman to the Police????!!!

Get a fecking life!

She parked facing the road, if she was trying to get into her drive I could understand, if she'd jumped out to open the gate rather than having a conversation while people walked out into traffic.

I'm afraid I've never been with you and your odd attitudes to inconsiderate motorist behaviour, Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

No, because they get cranks coming into them everyday with nonsense like that. At least they got to have a laugh after you left the station.

Get a fecking life!!!
    You're attitude to things is getting really tiresome. Should people just have to put up with everything unless a member of the Gardaí just happens upon it? Stupid attitude.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

She parked facing the road, if she was trying to get into her drive I could understand, if she'd jumped out to open the gate rather than having a conversation while people walked out into traffic. I'm afraid I've never been with you and your odd attitudes to inconsiderate motorist behaviour, Jesus.

Perhaps if you had something meaningful going on in your life it would concentrate the mind so you wouldn't be obsessed with such trivial things. No offence, but busybodies like you Mr Anthony are the worst kind of individual there are. In Kevin Street Garda station, the Police possibly had a rape case to attend to, a battered wife, a Dealer drugging kids up to the eyeballs, a child abuser, theft of a car etc etc. Then you walk in with pictures of someone (albeit stupidly) parking on a path for a few minutes!

Get real mate, seriously. I'll say no more on this thread because I'll probably end up getting banned.

Perhaps if you had something meaningful going on in your life it would concentrate the mind so you wouldn't be obsessed with such trivial things. No offence, but busybodies like you Mr Anthony are the worst kind of individual there are. In Kevin Street Garda station, the Police possibly had a rape case to attend to, a battered wife, a Dealer drugging kids up to the eyeballs, a child abuser, theft of a car etc etc. Then you walk in with pictures of someone (albeit stupidly) parking on a path for a few minutes!

Get real mate, seriously. I'll say no more on this thread because I'll probably end up getting banned.

So you think the guard thumbing through a magazine at reception answering the phone was just on her way out to answer the call to a rape?

I think you've been watching too much TV, mate. The guards are required to have someone on duty in the station for all types of low priority calls, the rest is dealt with by the emergency lines and prioritised.

I think I'm not the only one who needs a life given your posting record and your reaction to this thread. Calm down dear it's just a casual conversation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Fair play op. I'm sick and tired of having to walk out onto to the road with my kids and buggy because of inconsiderate A holes parking where they want. Followed by the I'll only be 5 mins or as you got I only pulled up BS.

I hope some thing is done about it by the garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

'Tis annoying il agree but what really annoys me is the amount of people who park on the streets in estates and have an empty fcukin garden but don't bother their boll0x. I almost hit a child other day ( just as well I wasn't going fast) that came out from behind a car parked on the road and straight in front of me.
    Fcukin ridiculous.
    And no matter what it'll be my fault should something happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

No but it made you feel better doing your "civic duty" eh? They get cranks coming into them everyday with nonsense like that. At least they got to have a laugh after you left the station.

Get a fecking life!!!

People like her deserve to get pulled up on their behaviour even if calling the cops wouldn't really be my tack. The roads here are crammed with ignorant, selfish arseholes and, bizarrely, no shortage of apologists for their behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

jesus will not be able to reply directly to any posts as he is currently on a small holiday.

anncoates wrote: »
    People like her deserve to get pulled up on their behaviour even if calling the cops wouldn't really be my tack. The roads here are crammed with ignorant, selfish arseholes and, bizarrely, no shortage of apologists for their behaviour.

No you're right to be fair, no need to call the guards, which just to clarify was on the general enquiries number to Kevin Street, the same number you call to ask what form you need for a passport.

I'm just surprised she didn't just hop in a drive off when she saw she was in the way. We've all had scatter brain moments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

colm_mcm wrote: »
    jesus will not be able to reply directly to any posts as he is currently on a small holiday.

Is it Easter already?

Anyway, fair play OP. In future call the clampers. They'd be only too happy to lift it and charge the owner for the privilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

People who park on paths are bent

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

So you think the guard thumbing through a magazine at reception answering the phone was just on her way out to answer the call to a rape?

I think you've been watching too much TV, mate. The guards are required to have someone on duty in the station for all types of low priority calls, the rest is dealt with by the emergency lines and prioritised.

I think I'm not the only one who needs a life given your posting record and your reaction to this thread. Calm down dear it's just a casual conversation.

If only there was some sort of segmented unit of the gardaí that dealt solely with the road users... a traffic corps, if you will :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Irish Government should introduce a stupidity tax, they'd pull in a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I've no problem at all with people like the OP reporting violations such as blocking the footpath.

The biggest reason for the enormous number of absolute morons in this country is the fact that they suffer no consequences for their crap. Doesn't help that other morons seem to think that violations shouldn't even be reported at all for some nebulous reason. Takes a real idiot to see "civic duty" as an insult.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Struggling to get the picture of how this car parked.

Block out the plates and share the pic you took ?

I didn't get one of the parking, but here's the google map.

She'd obviously come out of the gate, stopped to close it and then proceeded to stop there nattering. Now granted the road is relatively wide but it's busy. Due to the double yellows on the approach and bus stop after there is no 'shielding' by parked cars for one to walk out in the road.

I just about squeezed behind it, a shorter person could not as it was just my legs and looking at the reg plate pic I took the nose of the car was actually a couple of inches into the road so blocking it completely.

EDIT: Another thing to note is between 4-7pm (this was 5:30) the parked cars after the bus stop aren't there (no parking) people have a habit of using more that the road on one side there as it splits into two lanes. Regardless of any of this over analyzing by me, still stupid to be parked on the path like that.

Advertisement