Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Food You Can't Get Anymore

Options
  • 17-02-2015 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭

Ya know I'm very sad these days because it's impossible to get my absolutely favourite food Heinz Miracle Whip, Tuna just doesn't taste the same. Anyone have an idea where you can get this in Limerick or Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

One word

Fat Frogs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Sky ice cream bars

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Monster Munch crisps, can't see them in any shop these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

10p bag of jellys is like a fcukin euro now and jellys aren't the same as they were.
    5ives- the little packet of crisps. Burger bites, bacon wheels and loop d loop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭BehindTheScenes

One word

Fat Frogs

Those were the days when living was good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Creamy racist goodness...

8353_60_news_hub_multi_630x0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,943 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Two and two chocolate bars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Dennys steak and kidney pie,
    In a tin! Others are just not the same :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

10p bag of jellys is like a fcukin euro now and jellys aren't the same as they were.
    5ives- the little packet of crisps. Burger bites, bacon wheels and loop d loop.

What world are you living in chief? Loop da loops and Burger Bites are still available in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Pussy.

Not since that face disfigurement incident I was involved in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Roy of the rover pineapple bars
    HE man bars

and another one along the lines of those with pink goo in the middle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Top deck bars!

Ya know I'm going to open up a nostalgia shop sure it would make a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Up until quite recently I got Miracle Whip in Dunnes (Galway). When I say recently-about 6 months. I used to love it on iceberg lettuce with bread, yummy. But no sign of it lately at all. Remember Cheese Whizz? Spreadable cheese from a jar? I loved it. Then again that was back in the very early 80's and there was not much to choose from then!

Pussy.

Had the same problem when my misses had a baby, lads if your misses is ever having a baby stay away from the goal end, it's just never the same after seeing a head other, than your own, coming out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Totem candy popcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Dodo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

It's very difficult to find good ham in Ireland. When I was home for Christmas my mother brought home this supposedly 'finest' or 'specially selected' ham from one of the supermarkets. It was luridly pink and shiny. I hesitantly put a slice of it on a slice of my Mother's delicious brown bread. The ham was horrific. Inedible. Coming from a packet I should have known it would be like that. Freshly sliced ham from the local butcher was marginally better after I went into town to buy some. Wouldn't hold a candle to the delicious hams and cured meats available here in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

It's very difficult to find good ham in Ireland. When I was home for Christmas my mother brought home this supposedly 'finest' or 'specially selected' ham from one of the supermarkets. It was luridly pink and shiny. I hesitantly put a slice of it on a slice of my Mother's delicious brown bread. The ham was horrific. Inedible. Coming from a packet I should have known it would be like that. Freshly sliced ham from the local butcher was marginally better after I went into town to buy some. Wouldn't hold a candle to the delicious hams and cured meats available here in Germany.

Well, obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Gollywog bars. :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Monster Munch crisps, can't see them in any shop these days.

They're still available in multipacks in some supermarkets. Unfortunately the recipe seems to have changed & they're pretty much flavourless lumps of corndust nowadays. No doubt their accountants told them that it was more profitable to produce crap than the wonderful snack of the '80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Campbell's Irish Stew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

read my blog all about shiney ham. and cheese/

Custardpi wrote: »
    They're still available in multipacks in some supermarkets. Unfortunately the recipe seems to have changed & they're pretty much flavourless lumps of corndust nowadays. No doubt their accountants told them that it was more profitable to produce crap than the wonderful snack of the '80s.

I live between Dublin and Limerick. Shop in Dunnes in Limerick and Supervalu in Dub and the feckers never have it. Tried Centra and Spars and they're the same as well.

Agree though about food becoming more tasteless. You can't get dip dab anymore and that was jsut crazy that they could sell a bag of sugar with a lolly. Same problem with tv, gone be the days when bullets would fly, plans would come together and not a drop of blood would have been spilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Yellow Ready Brek...bring it back pleeeeeze..

pharmaton wrote: »
    read my blog all about shiney ham. and cheese/

You should probably get that checked out. Could be contagious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

I live between Dublin and Limerick. Shop in Dunnes in Limerick and Supervalu in Dub and the feckers never have it. Tried Centra and Spars and they're the same as well.
    I saw multipacks of them in Lidl Rathmines this morning.

Wait wait wait....

... Does anyone remember Champion Crisps? Yellow packet with red lettering? Haven't seen them in yonks.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

Ya know I'm very sad these days because it's impossible to get my absolutely favourite food Heinz Miracle Whip, Tuna just doesn't taste the same. Anyone have an idea where you can get this in Limerick or Dublin?

Fresh on Camden Street stock it or used to anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

Spar spicy chicken fillet rolls with mayonnaise and lettuce.

(no longer live in Ireland, they just don't have the likes here).

Advertisement