Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Ants HD IP Camera (Dropcam Clone) for less then €30

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Looks interesting. I'm a big fan of Xiaomi products. Got the Mipad at xmas and I love it. I think my next phone will be Xiaomi too.

Could this be used outdoors I wonder, or is it strictly for indoor use?

Could use a camera at the front door to deter intruders

Me likey. Xiaomi seem to be the new kid on the block offering quality products at affordable prices so I'm going to have a long look at this mate. Cheers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

What are aliexpress like on deliver?

This scares me!

"Estimated Delivery Time: 15-60 days"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Me likey. Xiaomi seem to be the new kid on the block offering quality products at affordable prices so I'm going to have a long look at this mate. Cheers! :)

I got the Xiaomi MiBand and it is an excellent device for what is a very small price.

I also have some Xiaomi Piston Earphones on order as they again are highly rated but very cheap.

This Camera looks excellent with features like alerting, recording and 2 way sound and all in 720p HD for €30, to me you can't really go wrong there.

I don't think they are meant for outdoor use but if you put it someone out of the really bad elements then it could be ok.
    As the actual Black camera piece detaches and is pretty small you might be able to drill a hole just big enough to fit the back of the camera and leave just the front lense exposed to the outside?

Yeah I have the Miband too and it's very impressive...I like it a lot. AliExpress is a great marketplace too which I'm also a bit new to. I love the fact everything sent is registered and tracked.

• Advertisement

quarryman wrote: »
    What are aliexpress like on deliver?

This scares me!

"Estimated Delivery Time: 15-60 days"

Same thing is a few € more expensive on Geekbuying if you are worried:
    http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Xiaoyi-Smart-CMOS-Camera-1280-x-720-Wireless-Control-Mini-Webcam-for--iOS-Andriod-Smartphone-PC---White-338687.html

I have ordered from Aliexpress before and it has taken between 2 - 6 weeks generally to get to me so probably the same as most Chinese sites...

The good thing about Aliexpress though is the money you pay for an item is kind of held in escrow so until you say you have received the item and all is good the person selling it does not get your cash and you can get refunded...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Very nice.. what would potential customs and excise be on this?

Basq wrote: »
    Very nice.. what would potential customs and excise be on this?

About an additional €7 VAT and €7 AnPost Handling Fee! Rip-off really....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Looked at this at launch but was holding off for English interface and app.
    I'll likely order from http://www.ibuygou.com/p-xiaomi-small-ants-intelligent-camera-6255.html

Got some pistons from then last year. Legit and decent delivery.

I'll likely order from http://www.ibuygou.com/p-xiaomi-small-ants-intelligent-camera-6255.html

Is that the first version of the Pistons that are plastic and not aluminium?

How do you find the quality of the piston earphones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭cgc5483

these guys are also shipping from china right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

If only my Wi-Fi could reach as far as our barn :(

cgc5483 wrote: »
    these guys are also shipping from china right?

Yes. http://www.ibuygou.com/help/about-ibuygou.html
    Have used them a dozen times over last couple of years.

They do have EU warehouse for some products but Ireland not included.
    I did add the 'import tax insurance', will see if works if needed.

http://www.ibuygou.com/news/import-duty-insurance-487.html

The Pistons are good for the price. http://www.ibuygou.com/p-xiaomi-piston-earphone-2014-if-product-design-reward-commemorative-edition-5934.html
    Search headfi and Pistons on google. Just beware China is flooded with fake Xiaomi gear so ensure you buy from decent seller.

It's a pity that it doesn't swivel left or right along with forward and back. I would like a camera for an upstairs bedroom to look down on the street below. We've had a few incidents of cars parked out front being vandalised and even broken into. Problem is if I put it at the base of the window inside then its view is obfuscated by the protrusion of the window outside. It's a long standing problem I've never been able to solve alas.

PDF setup guide for those without an Xiaomi account yet.
    Same account as used for Mi band for those who have one.

reni10 wrote: »

But that site is based in China too...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

MoodeRator wrote: »
    If only my Wi-Fi could reach as far as our barn :(

Homeplugs. As long as electrics are all on the same supply.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

What use are these for?

PDF setup guide for those without an Xiaomi account yet.
    Same account as used for Mi band for those who have one.

Excellent, thanks. I was going to request if someone could do this, as I don't have any experience left on the site!

quarryman wrote: »
    But that site is based in China too...

I don't think you will get this item from anywhere bar China at the moment as it is pretty new.

If you want it faster just pay for DHL shipping and you will have it within a week but you will have to pay additional import duties etc. because of the high postage cost

• Advertisement

Xiaomishop ship from EU, I bought my Xiaomi Mipad from there at xmas, arrived in 2-3 days.

Can expect to pay more, but your guaranteed fast delivery and avoiding customs

They have the camera in stock:

http://www.xiaomishop.com/167-ants-xiaoyi-smart-camera.html

I don't think they are meant for outdoor use but if you put it someone out of the really bad elements then it could be ok.
    As the actual Black camera piece detaches and is pretty small you might be able to drill a hole just big enough to fit the back of the camera and leave just the front lense exposed to the outside?

Yes, not a bad idea.

I also seen weather proof cases available for dropcams to make them usable outdoors, so I may be able to fit one of those also.

Thanks

Xiaomishop ship from EU, I bought my Xiaomi Mipad from there at xmas, arrived in 2-3 days.

Can expect to pay more, but your guaranteed fast delivery and avoiding customs

They have the camera in stock:

http://www.xiaomishop.com/167-ants-xiaoyi-smart-camera.html

You are looking at about a week to receive and it would cost about €88 including postage to get it shipped from their EU warehouse.

Or you are probably looking at about 4 weeks and about €45 from Aliexpress if you get caught for customs and if if customs does not grab it then you are looking at €30 so I suppose shipping from EU warehouse is going to cost you at best double the price but at worst 3 time the price as shipping from China.

You are looking at about a week to receive and it would cost about €88 including postage to get it shipped from their EU warehouse.

Or you are probably looking at about 4 weeks and about €45 from Aliexpress if you get caught for customs and if if customs does not grab it then you are looking at €30 so I suppose shipping from EU warehouse is going to cost you at best double the price but at worst 3 time the price as shipping from China.

Yeah, buying from Aliexpress is by far the better option in my opinion too. I only bought the Mipad from Xiaomishop because I needed it in a few days. But I would be happy to wait a few weeks for this, and pay half the cost.

I just wanted to point out the option to buy from EU to quarryman who wasn't keen on buying from China

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

No iPhone app I take it?

Yeah, buying from Aliexpress is by far the better option in my opinion too. I only bought the Mipad from Xiaomishop because I needed it in a few days. But I would be happy to wait a few weeks for this, and pay half the cost.

I just wanted to point out the option to buy from EU to quarryman who wasn't keen on buying from China

Thanks. I guess the reason it is cheap is because it's coming from China. The closer you find it the more it costs. I might go with aliexpress so and just wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Is that the first version of the Pistons that are plastic and not aluminium?

How do you find the quality of the piston earphones?

I got pistons from ibuygou only last week they are the version 2 and defo legit. Amazing sound quality for the price.My daughter has €100 beats in ears and thinks these are better.

keith_d99 wrote: »
    No iPhone app I take it?

There is but it is in Chinese:
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/id931168730

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

wonder what night vision capabilities it has?

• Advertisement

wonder what night vision capabilities it has?

Don't think this has night vision so is probably only for daytime or well lit areas.

Advertisement