Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Society of Professional Wedding Photographers Awards

Options
  • 14-01-2015 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭

The International Society of Professional Wedding Photographers (ISPWP) holds their annual awards.

link

These are 2014's best by the way.

Jayzuz :eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,545 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'd naturally gravitate towards the less contrived ones - the one of the bride and bridesmaids in bristol (b&w, with them gurning at the camera) is easily one of the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I really like the one of "The Dress" and the block of apartments though perhaps not in a wedding album.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

Yeah couple of great ones. I like the guys with the cigars and the bride and bridesmaids b/w humorous one. The one of the bridal bouquet throw is hilarious .. everything from disinterest to quiet amusement to utter desperation in that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,597 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

All a little glitzy and over processed for my taste - i like a bit bit of subtle old school style

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

thebaz wrote: »
    All a little glitzy and over processed for my taste - i like a bit bit of subtle old school style

As in wedding photo journalism? approach but even that has it it sense of humor at times.

There's a few with questionable processing how ever the image is still strong and striking which is the reason why its in.

For instance the picture of the Groom with the black eye smoking a cigar way to much clarity but it speaks volumes. That is a good picture, these days processing, is like film choice to a degree. But it doesn't take anything away from a strong image.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,545 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'd disagree that processing can't take away from a strong image - the one of the bride being thrown in the air is lessened by bad processing. you can see haloing around her dress, which didn't really need all that detail kept in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

i'd disagree that processing can't take away from a strong image - the one of the bride being thrown in the air is lessened by bad processing. you can see haloing around her dress, which didn't really need all that detail kept in.

Majority of brides want detail in there dress its their most important day of their life! the only thing I noticed around her dres was the underside was slightly soft but its still a good image.

Advertisement