Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40" TV

Options
  • 30-12-2014 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Said I'd throw a thread in here just on the off chance that anybody knows of any decent deals on TVs at the moment. Missed out on that Argos one last week.

It's for the mammy, she has a saorview box (don't know if that matters much), she doesn't want a TV much bigger than 40". Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just a good picture would be nice for her. Oh and it must have a USB connection, her current dinosaur doesn't have one and it's hardship hooking the hard drive up to the laptop and the laptop up to the TV just to watch a film.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

there are a few on adverts, picked up a nice samsung one myself last night. check out pc world/currys too. good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

Panasonic 39" full hd 100 htz €299 in Currys
    Probably about the best in store deal at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

Amazing, thanks so much, just looking at it here, looks great!

Mam has just informed me (good of her) that she'd like to in the future get wireless speakers for it, would this TV work with wireless speakers, do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

better off getting a smart one though,

Wouldn't be used, but thanks for the input. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

fartyarse wrote: »
    Amazing, thanks so much, just looking at it here, looks great!

Mam has just informed me (good of her) that she'd like to in the future get wireless speakers for it, would this TV work with wireless speakers, do you know?

When I commented earlier I was on my way out to buy one but got suckered into buying the 50" smart version by Mrs Turkey
    It has a headphone out jack and the usual audio connections so wireless headphones should work on this model anyway

Picture and sound quality are excellent and would have no bother recommending it
    I would fork out the extra few quid for the smart version though as its something your mam will have for the next ten years or so with a bit of luck :)

When I commented earlier I was on my way out to buy one but got suckered into buying the 50" smart version by Mrs Turkey
    It has a headphone out jack and the usual audio connections so wireless headphones should work on this model anyway

Picture and sound quality are excellent and would have no bother recommending it
    I would fork out the extra few quid for the smart version though as its something your mam will have for the next ten years or so with a bit of luck :)

Hmmmmmm she's considered smart but decided against it. The cheaper the TV the better.

I was reading Amazon reviews on the Panasonic. Most are amazing but some mention that the USB port will only support up to 32GB? That surely can't be right? Mam's hard drive is 1Tb, surely it would play movies off that?

Just want to thank you again, just set this up at home and it was a piece of p*ss, great TV, the mammy is very happy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

probably the best in store deal ever for a tv of that make and spec ??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

only if you have a wired connection and a subscription to services the TV supports and don't use a phone / tablet / pc to watch them already

otherwise for the cost of the special wifi dongle you could buy a chromecast / now tv / android / roku / fire / whatever dongle you have subscriptions for

at the cheap and cheerful end of the market don't pay extra for "smart" tv

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

^^^^^^^^^^^

same telly isn't it??

philstar wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

same telly isn't it??
    yes, except the UK page has specs that I can't see on the Irish one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

yes, except the UK page has specs that I can't see on the Irish one
    Can this be wall mounted? Vesa type?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Thinking of buying this tv any reason not to buy it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DEVO F16V

deisediva wrote: »
    Thinking of buying this tv any reason not to buy it ?

Bought one of those tv,s mid november and its stopped working today.may have been a dodgy one but was excellent till now.

Advertisement