Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Citroen C5, front parking lights staying on

Options
  • 09-12-2014 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi ,
    I have a Citroen C5, 2,0 HDI , 11 reg ,
    2 days ago I locked car with remote fob and came out to it about 10 minutes later to find the front parking lights were on , I thought I had left them on by mistake so opened the car to switch them off but the switch was in the off positon .
    I then started checking and what is happening is :

lock the car after 1 minute the front parks come on .
    unlock the car and parks go off, leave for a minute and front parks come on again .
    start car and turn on lights , then turn off and parks go off .
    turn off car and lock and the whole sequence outlined above starts again .

as a result of this my battery is draining and was just about able to start car yesterday .
    has anyone here come across anything like this before ? or is it something I may have done .
    Any help or advice greatly appreciated .

N.B. it is only the front parking lights that are doing this , the rear ones are ok

rgds Davycha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

I would be thinking its either a problem with the bsi (fusebox behind glovebox) or the coms switch (steering wheel control unit)

If you get someone with dealer level diagnostics then they should be able find out which is at fault..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭davycha

Row ,
    thanks for the reply on this ,
    I have someone coming today if he can make it to check this out for me . He has a scan tool not sure if it is dealer level .
    When I spoke to him on the phone he said he has found that the BSM (I think) gives a lot of these kind of weird issues on C5's .

I will let you know the outcome

thanks again Row

davycha

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭davycha

Hi ,
    just came back to say fella came and looked at issue yesterday and confirmed it is a problem with the BSM unit .

This is a fusebox with relays under the bonnet to the right of the engine ECU as you look from the front of the car . He had a good secondhand unit which he uses for testing so he is letting me borrow it until a new one I have ordered arrives .
    Dampness/ corrosion seemed to be the root cause of my unit's failure

So if anyone is having weird issues with lighting etc. on their Citroen this is one of the things to check .

thanks for the replies on this .

davycha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement