Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bono on a bike.....

2»

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,569 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

outfox wrote: »
    I suspect his home gym isn't a patch on yours, Beasty :pac:
    Mine didn't even exist before the crash

If he's over here I'll let him try it out - may give him some ideas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,804 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Poor guy is ****ed according to the Irish Times: shatter collar bone, compound fracture of the humerus, broken finger, bruised face, fractured orbital.

His voice box is unharmed, presumably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

tomasrojo wrote: »
    His big mouth is unharmed, presumably.

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭a148pro

Seriously, that is a lot of severe injury to be sustaining from a bike crash

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Horrific injuries, get well soon Bono

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,804 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Is it wrong that when I heard this the first thing I thought was 'I wonder what type of bike he was riding?'

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bennybrendy

classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

bazermc wrote: »
    FYP

:rolleyes:

Speedy recovery Bono.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭harringtonp

As said earlier that injury list looks like something that would be sustained from a high speed collision or impact.

Mind boggles as to how swerving and falling over can cause so much breakage.. that is of course assuming the reports are correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭harringtonp

As said earlier that injury list looks like something that would be sustained from a high speed collision or impact.

Mind boggles as to how swerving and falling over can cause so much breakage.. that is of course assuming the reports are correct

Mean the reporting of how it happened of course, not the injury list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

The worst injury I have had to date cycling involved me traveling at about 10Kmph :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,658 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I'd say he hit a tree or went over the handlebars.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

ted1 wrote: »

Maybe he went over the Edge

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,569 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

ted1 wrote: »
    Injuries are mainly to the arm and shoulder with a fracture to the eye-socket. Suggests to me a sideways fall. Possibly hitting his head on a wall or even a stone as he fell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Maybe the other cyclist was flying, and hit Bono from the side?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Beasty wrote: »
    Injuries are mainly to the arm and shoulder with a fracture to the eye-socket. Suggests to me a sideways fall. Possibly hitting his head on a wall or even a stone as he fell.

Opinion based on extensive in-house research Beasty ;)

RobFowl wrote: »
    Opinion based on extensive in-house research Beasty ;)
    If only they had been in the house! Think I now know a bit about the consequences of flying over the bars, even if I actually have no recollection of such things .....

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭W1ll1s

Soooo, where is the other cyclist,where are the pictures?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Yikes, sounds a real nasty accident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

Still it was really good to see someone in the public eye out on a bike without looking for publicity for it.

It's a bloody unfortunate outcome for the guy to sustain that level of injury. The recovery from that will not be fun given how shattered his arm is.

Get well soon Bono, hope it's not going to be too painful a recovery for you.

Advertisement