Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cat flap in glass door

Options
  • 10-11-2014 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

So I'm looking to get a cat flap put into patio doors. Anyone know where I could find someone to do this for me and an average of how much it would cost. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Not sure of cost, but Sligo Glass would be the people to talk to about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

Thanks will give them a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭scooby77

Had same issue 3 years ago. Tried local and national told can't be done, would guess still holds true. In end decided to put flap in kitchen window.
    Thought would be no problem to get hole cut-wrong, can't make hole in double glazing!
    Had to get pane specially made with hole in it. As far as I remember was almost €200! Pretty sure was Sligo glass.
    The electronic flap cost €80 so it cost me €280 for his lordship, my wife's cat, to come and go as he pleases :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Bodidly

These guys did a great job for friends of mine and were very reasonable. Not sure if they do work outside dublin but might be worth a shot
    Cornelscourtglass.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

Can't help re glass but we got one installed in our aluminium back door which was double glazed. He had to out in a false panel as would have been too hard to install it in double glaze. It's the best thing ever though and I would highly recommend sure flap as it will only let your own cats in by reading its microchip in neck or collar.

• Advertisement
Advertisement