Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blaupunkt 40" LED €299 In Tesco

Options
  • 29-10-2014 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭

As the title says.
    Blaupunkt 40" LED €299 In Tesco until 31/10/14.
    Would they be worth a punt ?

74tXKEl.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Any idea how much the 23" in front of it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Blaupunkt were sold by Bosch a number of years ago and they are now just Turkish dirt like Technika and so on. Do not buy on the expectation that you're buying from a proud German brand...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just checked amazon and they sell 40" toshiba full HD models (with tuners that work here...) for around 320....but they say they don't deliver to Ireland for some reason. I reckon parcel motel would get it here though. Not that much of a price jump for a quality TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Just checked amazon and they sell 40" toshiba full HD models (with tuners that work here...) for around 320....but they say they don't deliver to Ireland for some reason. I reckon parcel motel would get it here though. Not that much of a price jump for a quality TV.

If you're doing that, Parcel Connect works out cheaper than Parcel Motel for larger items.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Toshiba low end TVs are also rebranded junk as it happens...

don't bother with the toshibas..........

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

MYOB wrote: »
    Toshiba low end TVs are also rebranded junk as it happens...
    kooga wrote: »
    don't bother with the toshibas..........

Woops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Vestel make nearly all of these cheap TV's, most of them are rubbish. Some of the panels are OK but everything else about them is horrific - build quality, sound quality in particular. I bought 2 Vestel made TV's once (one was Bush, can't remember the one one...) - both faulty within a month!

Still, I would say worth a go at 299 for the size - but only if you have seperate speakers of some kind.

all your favourites listed here

http://vestel.co.uk/brands

• Advertisement

ISIS

Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Blaupunkt TVs are made by UMC in Slovakia.

http://www.umc-slovakia.sk/company/blaupunkt/

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭froggy1985

Needed a new TV so picked one of these up in tesco maynooth a couple of hours ago, actually very impressed. Nice looking TV with slim bezels, great picture quality, and I'm no audiophile but the sound is grand for normal TV from what I've heard so far.

Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Wow, that's like a who's who of generic brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Farnsworth

Farnsworth wrote: »

pretty chronic as well................

just did a quick look too see what sub €400 40" tvs are out there that are worth a punt. full HD and 100hz refresh rate minimum i choose powercity

samsung ue40h5000 €378.95
    Sony KDL 40r483B €399

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Farnsworth

Sony KDL 40r483B €399

Comparison is not correct as these are NOT smart TVs

i would prefer to have a proper tv with decent picture than some clunky hitachi smart Tv any day....................

BTw if you scroll down to the end of the argos product description you will see it was previously on sale for €329.99

vestels finest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

just did a quick look too see what sub €400 40" tvs are out there that are worth a punt. full HD and 100hz refresh rate minimum i choose powercity

Sony KDL 40r483B €399

They use 100HZ motion rate which isn't really 100hz. Google it. Their true refresh is 50hz.

Besides the Hitachi is out of stock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Sony KDL 40r483B €399

They use 100HZ motion rate which isn't really 100hz. Google it. Their true refresh is 50hz.

Besides the Hitachi is out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

There were a few in Tesco Jervis today. Got 2! Thanks OP

Advertisement