Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Carton course?

Options
  • 28-10-2014 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭

Played the monty once and loved it. Going back this week. Should I play o'meara this time or monty again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭elgenerale

OMeara's a course for the summer if you ask me. Just not the same at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

Agree with the above, the Monty is the better course this time of year, I think it's the better course overall but the no question with the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

There are three good holes on the O'Meara, a lot more on the Montgomerie

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Bogieman

Play the Monty its class!
    I played it last week and its in great condition, just keep out of the bunkers!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭InterestedK

Been playing both the last few weeks, personally i'd prefer O'Meara, but Monty would be a better course to play at this time of year (less leaves etc).

Greens on both courses are in serious nick for this time of year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Bruno26

Thanks for replies. Decided to play monty again. Played yesterday. Class course in seriously good condition. One of my favourites. Near impossible to lose a ball. Bunkers everywhere and really deep (just in 2 of them!). It must be great being a member there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

There are three good holes on the O'Meara, a lot more on the Montgomerie

Can't agree with this. I think the O'Meara is very underrated and, since the upgrade, is now an excellent course. The new 18th is as nice a par-four as you'll find anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Can't agree with this. I think the O'Meara is very underrated and, since the upgrade, is now an excellent course. The new 18th is as nice a par-four as you'll find anywhere.

Definitely agree whip it, I played the O'Meara course for the first time this year, really enjoyed the course, a nice mix of long and short holes with a great finishing stretch now with the new 18th. I really like the Monty course but if I was a member I definitely think I would play the O'Meara course much more often

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

WHIP IT! wrote: »

18th is as nice a par 4 as ul find anywhere? Grand hole but Wouldnt agree with that now whip, its pretty just a straight forward down the pipe par 4. Nothing special about it?? Greens are top class there

If i had to choose though it would be the monty every time

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I preferred theold 18th at omeara.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

The Monty has a better 18th no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Domo1982

Tones69 wrote: »
    18th is as nice a par 4 as ul find anywhere? Grand hole but Wouldnt agree with that now whip, its pretty just a straight forward down the pipe par 4. Nothing special about it?? Greens are top class there

If i had to choose though it would be the monty every time

Its a very good hole - Tones you probably just have bad memories given that you bottled the matchplay on it a few weeks back. Give it time

Domo1982 wrote: »
    Its a very good hole - Tones you probably just have bad memories given that you bottled the matchplay on it a few weeks back. Give it time

Nope not at all. Didnt bottle it at all but what would you know. In your opinion its a very good hole, i dont think it is. Is that fair enough or do you want to keep acting the child?

Nope not at all. Didnt bottle it at all but what would you know. In your opinion its a very good hole, i dont think it is. Is that fair enough or do you want to keep acting the child?

ha 3 up with 4 to play fella?get out of here....That makes Jean Van De Velde look like Chuck Norris :)

Like the hole or not I suppose its a bit easier to head down there and close out the match with 4 extra shots on your handicap like you did in the previous rounds

ha 3 up with 4 to play fella?get out of here....That makes Jean Van De Velde look like Chuck Norris :)

Like the hole or not I suppose its a bit easier to head down there and close out the match with 4 extra shots on your handicap like you did in the previous rounds

Played great golf that day, made 2 bogeys at wrong times. Not like i started making 6s and 7s. I dont even know why im entertaining you anyway. If you want to talk about it we can do so but not in this thread

Played great golf that day, made 2 bogeys at wrong times. Not like i started making 6s and 7s. I dont even know why im entertaining you anyway. If you want to talk about it we can do so but not in this thread

Yeah heard you played some lovely stuff alright. Your routine and general slowness of play was an issue though I understand...probably need to look at that during the winter

Best of luck next year:)

Yeah heard you played some lovely stuff alright. Your routine and general slowness of play was an issue though I understand...probably need to look at that during the winter

Best of luck next year:)

Ha well thats a lie anyway friend, i am FAR from slow. Could be guilty of the opposite if im honest

Ha well thats a lie anyway friend, i am FAR from slow. Could be guilty of the opposite if im honest

ahh right so maybe that was the problem when you were 3 up with 4 to play;)

that and you playing off the correct handicap;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Freemount09

What happened in the end ? Did you play off the wrong handicap ??

What happened in the end ? Did you play off the wrong handicap ??

not for the final only in the earlier rounds i believe. But was not his fault:rolleyes: he was never told :rolleyes: its not me its you:rolleyes:

Like handing in a fiver at the shop and getting the change of a 50 back and saying nothing

Advertisement