Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.myproswing.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

its sorted Eoin told me the phone version is been updated so it work on pc version which it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nutsgolf

benny79 wrote: »
    its sorted Eoin told me the phone version is been updated so it work on pc version which it did.

did you take the plunge and get a lesson ?

got a online lesson, he phoned me yesterday and I was talking to him for ages plus texting him till 12 last nite very nice fella & I think a bit of a golf nut just like the rest of us :)
    He knows his stuff and pointed out things that no other pro has said to me! Im off 22 and have yet to drop .1 and have spent loads on lessons with many different pros over the years its very hard to find a good one.

He guaranteed me he get my hc down or refund me all my money! Now that to me shows confidence in his ability and he has me believing and I have yet to even meet the chap! it can't all be done with online lessons of course but I have no problem taking a trip to Tipp if it starts to go down cause believe me I have tried everything this year and played the most Golf ever in 1 year all I was hoping was even a .1 back but nothing and winter league starts this weekend so thats it cut wise for the year which is very disheartening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

got a online lesson, he phoned me yesterday and I was talking to him for ages plus texting him till 12 last nite very nice fella & I think a bit of a golf nut just like the rest of us :)
    He knows his stuff and pointed out things that no other pro has said to me! Im off 22 and have yet to drop .1 and have spent loads on lessons with many different pros over the years its very hard to find a good one.

He guaranteed me he get my hc down or refund me all my money! Now that to me shows confidence in his ability and he has me believing and I have yet to even meet the chap! it can't all be done with online lessons of course but I have no problem taking a trip to Tipp if it starts to go down cause believe me I have tried everything this year and played the most Golf ever in 1 year all I was hoping was even a .1 back but nothing and winter league starts this weekend so thats it cut wise for the year which is very disheartening.

How is it going Benny79?

I spoke with Eoin yesterday as I'm interested in looking at this, I have to say i was very impressed with what he said and I'm going to upload a couple of vids over the next day or two. Even just speaking over the phone and asking me my bad shots he was getting a handle on my problems, and he was spot on.

Obviously early days but the most glowing thing I can say now is he seems to care about my swing as much as I do. He's a very nice guy too and his love for golf is so obvious.

I'll update here how it's going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

the lawman wrote: »
    How is it going Benny79?

I spoke with Eoin yesterday as I'm interested in looking at this, I have to say i was very impressed with what he said and I'm going to upload a couple of vids over the next day or two. Even just speaking over the phone and asking me my bad shots he was getting a handle on my problems, and he was spot on.

Obviously early days but the most glowing thing I can say now is he seems to care about my swing as much as I do. He's a very nice guy too and his love for golf is so obvious.

I'll update here how it's going.

It appears there is a niche in the market for pros who really care !!
    Being a bit facetious here but I, and I would guess a lot of golfers on here, have had experience with a pro where I felt I was being hurried out the door after being given off the shelf advice so the next paying customer could rock up to be told the same thing.

• Advertisement

yea defo! I have had first hand experience of this! he really wants to, no guarantees my HC will drop after following his advice. Which is a bold statement but also a confident one :)

@ lawman let us know how you get on! he's working on his website as theres a few cliches ie your better of viewing it on a pc or laptop as its not working properly on the phone but he's working on it.

So I've been working with Eoin the last week. The video analysis itself was so technical and really eye opening. I've had lessons before but this was another level altogether. It's worth doing alone to see your swing broken down like that.

So I got a simple drill and after three sessions of working on it I'm seeing big results. I really don't wanna get too ahead of myself but I think this process will improve my game beyond comparison.

Going to get second lesson at the weekend and already looking forward to a new drill and better ball striking.

In short I'm nearly at a point where I'd be happy to post my swing up in the thread in here.

Going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Sounds good lawman. I've been crocked for a couple of weeks with sickness & a bogey elbow so haven't been able to try out the latest drill I received.

Have had Eoin in regular contact. I have to say it does feel much more personal than you would expect given its an online service, so they've done well to build that part of the business effectively

Sounds good lawman. I've been crocked for a couple of weeks with sickness & a bogey elbow so haven't been able to try out the latest drill I received.

Have had Eoin in regular contact. I have to say it does feel much more personal than you would expect given its an online service, so they've done well to build that part of the business effectively

I thinks that's a huge part of it space yes. Eoin is very hands on and is open to texts and calls at any time you need it. You just won't get that from anywhere else. I can really see his site taking off if they continue that level of service.

On the learning side I really like the idea of being able to just go and watch back a part of the lesson that I had forgotten or am struggling with. Lesson number 2 at the weekend now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

is there a rep from myproswing .....here on boards.....?if so, whats his name??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

is there a rep from myproswing .....here on boards.....?if so, whats his name??

No, you will have to contact them directly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

thks .....might try it ..lessond from pro limited success!! cheers paddy

thks .....might try it ..lessond from pro limited success!! cheers paddy

Its worth a try Paddy. I'm signed up with them & have seen improvements in my swing. Like with anything, there's always a bit of transition time & you'll get out of it as much as you put in.

I'm finding it very handy having access to my swing analysis & the drills online to be able to give myself check ups between lessons (when I get time to get to some practice in that is :( , injury set me back a couple of weeks)

I shot a 78 round Mount Juliet on the captains day with the boards society a few weeks after starting the lessons, to be pipped for the captains prize on a countback (damn you big easy :D ). That's a match to my best ever gross score, and I did it on a course I'd never played before, so I'm pretty happy with my results so far.

I'm hoping continuing the lessons over the winter will set me up well next year for a run at single figures

anybody's lessons been removed, when I log on to my profile my previous lesson is gone, just keep getting a "oops the embed code for this video is not valid" message! I only had 1 online lesson and 1 in person 1.

anybody's lessons been removed, when I log on to my profile my previous lesson is gone, just keep getting a "oops the embed code for this video is not valid" message! I only had 1 online lesson and 1 in person 1.

benny just give Eoin a text or a call I'm sure he'll sort it for you. I think they did an update of the software.

yea cheers, was just wondering did it happen to anybody else..

It happened to me too yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

I think myproswing, as a thank you to boards.ie should offer it's members the deal that they offered on just treats for getting us talking about them :)
    No better place that boards for us to review it!

I think myproswing, as a thank you to boards.ie should offer it's members the deal that they offered on just treats for getting us talking about them :)
    No better place that boards for us to review it!

Was speaking with Eoin from mps earlier on and he said there will be an even better deal for all boards guys in April when the site gets the official launch.

On a lesson side had my first hands-on lesson with Eoin last night and the hour was worth 10 lessons. Gonna wait until Monday until after I've worked on this drill to give some more feedback. An excellent teacher and the best communication lines of anyone I've ever worked with.

So I'm a few lessons in now with Eoin from MPS and rather than bore you with words on my progress I thought I'd just post a before vs after photo of my position at the top.

We are working on Downswing and Impact now so hopefully we can improve that also.

PS There is a slight weight loss too which helps the aesthetics!!

• Advertisement

So I'm a few lessons in now with Eoin from MPS and rather than bore you with words on my progress I thought I'd just post a before vs after photo of my position at the top.

We are working on Downswing and Impact now so hopefully we can improve that also.

PS There is a slight weight loss too which helps the aesthetics!!

Some difference. Perfect club head position in after shot.
    Weight seems very much on back foot in before and much better placed in after.

Out of interest how did the lessons break down in terms of face to face versus online ?

alxmorgan wrote: »

Out of interest how did the lessons break down in terms of face to face versus online ?

Thanks for the feedback!

We have looked at both angles but we have been focussing a lot up to this point on getting the correct position at the top so there is a good base to get the best down-swing. I've just been following the lead of Eoin and trusting him to be honest.

He's actually getting more focussed on face on stuff now as we start working on down-swing (hip moves, release etc). If I can improve that area, as I have a cutting motion right now at impact, then I should be good for dropping this year.

Completely misread your question!

I've had two face to face lessons but the majority of the work has been on-line exchanging videos, texting and talking.

Completely misread your question!

I've had two face to face lessons but the majority of the work has been on-line exchanging videos, texting and talking.

All sounds very good. I have an online lesson paid for so must send on a video and start the process.

When you sent the video did you send it with a message stating what you'd like to sort out or was it more of a have a look and see what you think ?

All sounds very good. I have an online lesson paid for so must send on a video and start the process.

When you sent the video did you send it with a message stating what you'd like to sort out or was it more of a have a look and see what you think ?

There is a quick questionnaire at the outset on the site if I remember but to be honest Eoin will be in touch by phone pretty much straight away to get a feel of what's required and where you are etc.

Thanks for reminder on this lads, I'm long overdue getting a new lesson from Eoin. Could do with a quick catch up before qualifying kicks off

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

100% FIR here we come :pac::pac::D

Two cuts in two weeks and I'm now off 8. The work I'm putting in and coaching I'm getting from these guys is starting to really show results. By end of summer I should be ahead of all my targets.

So far so excellent.

How are you getting on Benny out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭shano_88

Would these be any use to a complete beginner? Ive played 5/6 rounds the last couple of weeks and have just been watching youtube videos to try and learn. Im fairly bad, shooting between 105 and 110 in most rounds!

• Advertisement

shano_88 wrote: »
    Would these be any use to a complete beginner? Ive played 5/6 rounds the last couple of weeks and have just been watching youtube videos to try and learn. Im fairly bad, shooting between 105 and 110 in most rounds!

I was off 9 when I went to them. Thought nothing to lose and it worked out well. I would say give it a shot. Drop them a mail and have a chat about what you want out of it.

My tuppence is these guys will drop you pretty rapidly if you put the work in. As I said nothing really to lose.

Advertisement