Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appealing an Infraction

Options
  • 02-10-2014 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭

I also got an infraction (with no warning) and my post removed. Gaeilgebeo said it was a "complete breach of forum charter". I've re-read it a few times and tbh I fail to see why, unless it was for using the word "dick"? — directed at nobody on the thread, used hypothetically, and which incidentally is there in bold letters in the very first guideline of the forum charter.
    Quote: Originally Posted by acequion
    Quite frankly I don't give a damn what you think. You're not a teacher so you know absolutely nothing about the job. Having been to school yourself or having children in school gives you zero information on the inside track.The only way to know any job is to actually do it yourself.
    If (for example) a doctor spoke like this (s)he'd be rightly considered an arrogant dick. Teachers are somehow above that, though?

I've been a teacher for over 25 years and to be honest I have seldom come across such a judgemental, opinionated position as yours and the OP's (yes, he made a mistake for which his ego has paid the price, nothing more).

Lighten up or you'll be bitter, angry old men long before you take early retirement to escape from the stress.
    I've read a few of Peter Flynt's and acequion's other (copious) contributions to that forum and realised that 'judgemental & opinionated' is pretty much their signature style. But hey, if for some reason they are not to be challenged on Boards.ie, I'll happily add them to my ignore list.... :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've moved your post to a new thread - each appeal is independently assessed.

If you're not appealing it, let me know and I'll mark this as resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Hi, are you appealing this? If you are, have you tried to resolve it with the mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Hi, sorry, I hadn't realised you'd split the thread (which I'd 'followed') and I posted again in the same place asking where my appeal/query had gone.

Sorry, hadn't been aware of the seperate threads for seperate appeals thing... I saw an appeal regarding the thread and just assumed it was OK to post in the same thread.

I'll have a look at it over the weekend. Won't get a chance until then.

Cheers, thanks all...

• Advertisement

Hi, I've had a look for you. You post was uncivil and a personal attack on the poster you quoted and also the OP. This is against the forum charter and site rules.

I'm upholding the infraction. You can request an admin review if you wish.

OK, I stand by my comments but I'm not going to challenge a moderator's decision. Thanks for getting back to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement