Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Free Apps & Games (until Sep 27th)

Options
  • 25-09-2014 7:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,460 ✭✭✭✭

Amazon Free Apps and Games (until September 27th)

Sonic 4 Episode II
    Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden (Full)
    Another World
    Mahjong Artifacts®
    Riptide GP2
    Quell Memento
    Threes!
    Swype Keyboard
    OfficeSuite Professional 7
    SketchBook Pro
    Paper Camera
    City Maps 2Go Pro – Offline Map and Travel Guide
    Earth & Moon in HD Gyro 3D PRO
    Genius Scan+
    Knots 3D
    Merriam-Webster’s Third New International, Unabridged for Android
    mSecure
    My Diet Coach – Pro
    Perfectly Clear
    PrinterShare Mobile Print
    Relax Melodies Premium: A White Noise Ambience For Sleep, Meditation & Yoga
    Schedule Planner PRO
    Sworkit PRO
    MetaMoJi Note (Kindle Fire Edition)
    Air Harp (Kindle Tablet Edition)
    Heroes of Steel RPG Elite

Link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Beat me to it! Some good apps there, will have to redownload the Amazon Appstore yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ablelocks

am i right in thinking that I can get these to my amazon account and store them there until I get to set up the google nexus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

ablelocks wrote: »
    am i right in thinking that I can get these to my amazon account and store them there until I get to set up the google nexus?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Yup, once you "buy" them, they stay available to download as far as I am aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,136 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Does it not ask you to install the Amazon Appstore first? For me, there's no Buy button, just Continue, which bring up this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000714543&ref_=mas_buy_client

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The Amazon app store is built into the default Amazon shopping app now. Much, much handier.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Does it not ask you to install the Amazon Appstore first? For me, there's no Buy button, just Continue, which bring up this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000714543&ref_=mas_buy_client

its been ages since I joined so I cant remember, but If it does, sign into the Amazon appstore on a friends device, it should enable buying on your account then, you dont need to be signed into a device after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

chrislad wrote: »
    The Amazon app store is built into the default Amazon shopping app now. Much, much handier.

Cool, I didn't know that.
    Bye bye Amazon App-Store App!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Can those apps be saved to a sd card?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,460 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks like it. I picked a random Amazon app on my phone and could move to SD, no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

does anyone know if any of these have gamepad support ?

edit: riptide does

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Due to Amazon being Amazon I actually have most of these apps already but hey, free is free!

Thanks OP! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Sorry for the n00b question guys, but I recently pre-ordered an Amazon Fire TV. I won't be getting that til the end of October, however I'd love to try out some of these apps on it whilst they're going free.

Is it possible for me to "buy" them now and I'll then be able to access them on my Fire TV once it arrives?

It wants me to install the Amazon appstore onto an Android device. I don't have mine to hand at the moment, is there anyway I can get these on a laptop?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Moyglish wrote: »
    Sorry for the n00b question guys, but I recently pre-ordered an Amazon Fire TV. I won't be getting that til the end of October, however I'd love to try out some of these apps on it whilst they're going free.

Is it possible for me to "buy" them now and I'll then be able to access them on my Fire TV once it arrives?

It wants me to install the Amazon appstore onto an Android device. I don't have mine to hand at the moment, is there anyway I can get these on a laptop?

Thanks

Yes, you can "buy" them via your normal Amazon account on your computer and they'll be stored in the cloud and waiting for you when you log in via your mobile device

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Lads noob question I want the perfectly clear app on my android. How do I do it exactly via Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭droidman123

Lads noob question I want the perfectly clear app on my android. How do I do it exactly via Amazon?

Download the amazon app,then just search for your app on it,download then install the app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Download the amazon app,then just search for your app on it,download then install the app.

Thanks very much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Yes, you can "buy" them via your normal Amazon account on your computer and they'll be stored in the cloud and waiting for you when you log in via your mobile device

i've 2 android devices registered to my account will they automatically download to both when i log in to amazon app on them?
    Thing is i only want them on my tablet and not my old old old phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Mr E wrote: »
    Sonic 4 Episode II
    Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden (Full)
    Another World
    Mahjong Artifacts®
    Riptide GP2
    Quell Memento
    Threes!
    Swype Keyboard
    OfficeSuite Professional 7
    SketchBook Pro
    Paper Camera
    City Maps 2Go Pro – Offline Map and Travel Guide
    Earth & Moon in HD Gyro 3D PRO
    Genius Scan+
    Knots 3D
    Merriam-Webster’s Third New International, Unabridged for Android
    mSecure
    My Diet Coach – Pro
    Perfectly Clear
    PrinterShare Mobile Print
    Relax Melodies Premium: A White Noise Ambience For Sleep, Meditation & Yoga
    Schedule Planner PRO
    Sworkit PRO
    MetaMoJi Note (Kindle Fire Edition)
    Air Harp (Kindle Tablet Edition)
    Heroes of Steel RPG Elite

You left out Alarm Clock+
    Ruined the whole post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

I don't like turning on unknown sources...wonder has anyone ever looked over this, security wise.

Their's been a lot of huge holes lately in everyday tech, will this be another?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

donegal. wrote: »
    does anyone know if any of these have gamepad support ?

edit: riptide does
    What gamepad do you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I don't like turning on unknown sources...wonder has anyone ever looked over this, security wise.

Their's been a lot of huge holes lately in everyday tech, will this be another?

You can turn it on while you install the app and turn it off again after. I wouldn't leave it permanently on personally.

You can turn it on while you install the app and turn it off again after. I wouldn't leave it permanently on personally.
    Are the Apps put through the same checks as in the playstore?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Are the Apps put through the same checks as in the playstore?

I don't know but I would imagine that they are,I haven't found anything on the amazon site that I can't find on play store.

The fact that you have to click the unknown sources box could be just about Android being a Google based operating system so it's set up to just allow you to install from Google. Theres often a propriety element to these kind of things where they don't make integration with other sites or apps easy in an attempt not to encourage competitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Scruff wrote: »
    i've 2 android devices registered to my account will they automatically download to both when i log in to amazon app on them?
    Thing is i only want them on my tablet and not my old old old phone

They don't download automatically, they appear in your cloud storage in the Amazon Apps Store app on your device and you can then choose to download and install to your device (or devices) from the device itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Depends on how you claim them. If you use the Amazon App Store app, and claim them either through the Amazon Website (on the same phone you have the store app installed on) or the Store App I think it starts downloading immediately in the latter case and when you next open the store app in the former case - or at least that's how it works for me. IF you claim it from the Amazon website while on a different device it doesn't.

I don't know but I would imagine that they are,I haven't found anything on the amazon site that I can't find on play store.
    Protect against harmful apps

Google scans Apps downloaded form Unknown Sources.

Advertisement