Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion on JD Sports

Options
  • 07-08-2014 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

As a Male I've always found JD Sports to be a good shop and i have purchased many items throughout the years from there. :)

One thing that puts me off sometimes is the prices which are high on some items. A Hoodie for 60/70 euro is over the top and even some T-shirts are high as well.

I always end up in the reduced and for sale section because i can't bring myself to pay for the expensive stuff in there. The reduced section isn't huge but i have got some nice stuff cheap before.

I Also think the Clothing itself has got a lot more stylish. Before it used to be tracksuits mostly. But now i can buy stuff from there and actually feel comfortable wearing them anywhere. :pac:

It's a shop i do like. I always wanted to know what other people think of the Clothing and the price ranges. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I do like JD Sports as you can visit their website before heading in to have an idea of clothes you may like. That is a service other retailers like Lifestyle Sports don't really have at present. They have a very good footwear section as well.
    Clothes prices are pricey but they are not all bad, I suppose it does really depend on what your looking for. €50-60~ quid for a full tracksuit is not bad in my opinion but I have seen them for cheaper elsewhere. I know tracksuits are not to everyone's taste but I do like them and JD usually carry a good selection.
    In saying that I got two very nice hoodies in Lifestyle Sports in Tallaght there on sale for €30 each recently, in JD they were all more expensive. Lifestyle did have a sale on though and not sure if JD was the same. Do shop around though, €70 does seem pretty high for a hoodie, theres a chance other retailers will stock it if it's a general brand like Nike or Adidas and could be cheaper

Nick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

I find them OK some times there stuff can be a bit over priced however I'm often put off as it seems to attract a lot of scumbag traveller types.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

Probably some of the nicest in season gear and some of the best stock is exclusive to JD but they are incredibly expensive. Only shop there when flush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭aqn29swlgbmiu4

Yeah its quite expensive, often find the same items online for mucho cheaper

Advertisement