Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo All Nighter XGC July 13/14th

Options
  • 05-07-2014 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

Same affair as usual.
    €350 flat cost for the night, so the more people who attend, the less each person has to pay.

For anyone who isn't aware of how this is usually handled. We get access to the entire upstairs and all its set ups from 9:30/10pm till around 8am. We hook up the stream to a few of the monitors and have it on throughout the night. You're allowed to bring your own food and drink.

Its a really great event if you're new to come along and just get to know everybody and play games.

Will you be there? 22 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    K.O.KikiUberPrinny_BaalDoctor DooMTheWitch06VoaCobelcogGorySnakeJun_DP101Fergus_Naphielladnopoka2genKuro TaoNutrientRaawronkoko_PoPsJunsuina ChikaraC0unterspriralSaltylicious 22 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

No
    Down to clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No can do for me.

New job means early starts and the family are back from holiday that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

No
    just to confirm, it's sunday->monday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

No
    Simon_K wrote: »
    just to confirm, it's sunday->monday night?

Yeah. Sunday 9:30/10pm - Monday 8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

No
    I Urge everyone to attend this

One of the greatest IFGC events of the year

Even if it's just for a couple hours, you'll have your most memorable FGC memories here

Be sure to wear 3/4 lengths , the place gets very stuffy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

No
    How much does it cost to break open a window again? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

No
    I booked the Monday off work months ago, and will definitely be bringing one non-fgc friend, possibly three.

No
    Just to inform, we don't need definite numbers when booking. If you haven't confirmed by the date, you're still able to attend. The poll just helps to determine how much everybody has to pay and gives a general idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Saltylicious

No
    Definitely coming out to this.

No
    So how does this work? Do we get locked in after midnight or something?

• Advertisement

No
    Employee stays downstairs. Can open the door for people who need to leave and can have it opened by calling someone inside. Ordering food and such is fine. Otherwise the door is locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

Sadly I won't be there this year for reasons, but I wholeheartedly encourage everyone to go to this. It's a fantastic way to spend a night and trumps watching Evo solo, no doubt about it. I hope you guys have a good night this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

No
    is it possible to edit the poll so we can see the names of those who are coming?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

2gen wrote: »
    is it possible to edit the poll so we can see the names of those who are coming?

If you click the numbers you can see it, right?

No
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    If you click the numbers you can see it, right?

did not know that. cheers Onion.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Raawron

No
    Think I will head down for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

No
    I'm there!

No
    Looks like MrWizard just revealed the Sunday night line up.

BB -> KI -> Smash -> Marvel -> SF4

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=119832575&postcount=2449

I'd also like to encourage those who's game of preference isn't on Sunday night to still attend the All-Nighter cause casuals for every game will be running. You guys really don't want to miss out.

No
    Any idea when will the SF4 top 8 start? I can't stay the whole night.

No
    Simon_K wrote: »
    Any idea when will the SF4 top 8 start? I can't stay the whole night.

i remember last year it started very early in the morning. It finished at around 8am... so i'm guessing around 6am.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    I'll set up my laptop as early as possible with 4 screens (minimum) showing evo. Hopefully we'll catch everything from BB on :)

No
    I'll set up my laptop as early as possible with 4 screens (minimum) showing evo. Hopefully we'll catch everything from BB on :)

Video evidence:

My friend playing Mackdaddi in that vid. Whatever happened to that guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Will try and go always good craic, will ask the galway heads too.

No
    Evo Sunday starts earlier this year at 8am their time, so I reckon SF will start a lot earlier this year. Either that or they have a lot of stuff planned for in between tournaments.

No
    Naphiel wrote: »
    Evo Sunday starts earlier this year at 8am their time, so I reckon SF will start a lot earlier this year. Either that or they have a lot of stuff planned for in between tournaments.

I'm brutal at calculating timezones, so I just dropped the evo schedule into google calendar as PDT events, and it auto-adjusts for me.

Pools are 4pm to 7am our time each day.
    Finals day is 6pm to 6am.

No
    The people assigned for commentating BB are being told finals are at 8am. Which would mean 4pm our time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    There's not much chance of me being able to be set up by 4. Sorry lads :(

No
    Naphiel wrote: »
    The people assigned for commentating BB are being told finals are at 8am. Which would mean 4pm our time.

Are you sure? I'm just going off these:

http://evo.shoryuken.com/schedule/
    http://evo2014.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/index.html

Seems more likely someone confused "finals" with "pools", because otherwise BB finals take place two hours before badge collection opens at the venue on Sunday.

No
    The first link there is a really old schedule to give people a general idea. The second doesn't detail Sunday at all. BB plays all the way up to Top 8 on Saturday so all that is left for them to play is that on Sunday.

The commentator that said it commentated BB last time as well, I don't think he's confusing something like that.

I plan on heading in to the XGC at around 9 anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

No
    There's not much chance of me being able to be set up by 4. Sorry lads :(

I'll call IGN, no worries emoticon-2867-src-f02f9d40f66f0840-28x28.png

Advertisement