Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free delivery for iHerb orders over $40.00! Ends June 30th.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

camz09 wrote: »
    May I ask what company delivers the International Airmail option? Is it An Post?? Thanks.

Yep An Post

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

tk123 wrote: »
    Yep An Post

Thanks! So will they bring my package in the local depot to collect if I'm not home? (Just 'cause there's a chance I'll still be abroad and no ones at home, if they deliver it earlier than 10 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

I believe An Post will keep in depot for you to collect but only for 3 working days. If its any consolation, my last iherb order took 4 weeks to arrive so should be safe.

BTW, the order was around $60 worth of vits and there was no VAT/duty charges.

bazwaldo wrote: »
    I believe An Post will keep in depot for you to collect but only for 3 working days. If its any consolation, my last iherb order took 4 weeks to arrive so should be safe.

BTW, the order was around $60 worth of vits and there was no VAT/duty charges.
    Thanks for the info. Yeah, my last order was in March through DHL, very quick as always and no extra charges from customs. But seeing posts lately that times have changed. I presume the Intl Airmail would be less likely to be taxed, don't mind waiting 4 weeks so hopefully I'm good!

camz09 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Yeah, my last order was in March through DHL, very quick as always and no extra charges from customs. But seeing posts lately that times have changed. I presume the Intl Airmail would be less likely to be taxed, don't mind waiting 4 weeks so hopefully I'm good!

UPDATE: Order came August 12, ordered and shipped July 31. By International Airmail. No tax/customs charges received. Item worth about $45, QuestBar, bio deodorant, stevia, psyllium powder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Are iherb orders still being targeted for customs fees?

Are iherb orders still being targeted for customs fees?

Choose the $4 postage and keep the order iunder €25 (including postage) and you'll be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

tk123 wrote: »
    Choose the $4 postage and keep the order iunder €25 (including postage) and you'll be fine

Keep the order under €25 or $25?

€25

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You will hear people say €22, but if VAT on items is 23% then the actual limit is higher. As I said before

-I emailed revenue about the €22 limit, in some old threads I was saying the limit is higher than €22 in most cases and they confirmed it. €26.08 at the current 23% VAT rate.

I might email revenue and ask if they know about iherb, and what could be done to prevent all these issues of wrongly applied VAT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

rubadub wrote: »
    You will hear people say €22, but if VAT on items is 23% then the actual limit is higher. As I said before

-I emailed revenue about the €22 limit, in some old threads I was saying the limit is higher than €22 in most cases and they confirmed it. €26.08 at the current 23% VAT rate.

I might email revenue and ask if they know about iherb, and what could be done to prevent all these issues of wrongly applied VAT.

Hahahah! Good luck, I have spent hours emailing and phoning some of the revenue people, both in head office and at the airport. To be honest, I think they know about as much as we do!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

rustyzip wrote: »
    Hahahah! Good luck, I have spent hours emailing and phoning some of the revenue people, both in head office and at the airport.
    But was this just about trying to claim money back?

I am talking more about the offical procedures. I have found they always responded well to emails before -like the one I posted confirming the actual cut off point.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

rubadub wrote: »
    But was this just about trying to claim money back?

I am talking more about the offical procedures. I have found they always responded well to emails before -like the one I posted confirming the actual cut off point.

Both.
    One guy was helpful and said that me contacting him re certain products like 'cacao nibs' etc to see if they were vat exempt was helpful as they will know for again... but now he ignores my emails!
    He said that procedure is changing every week and it's hard to keep up!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

I placed an order on 18 Aug. Shipped 20 Aug. Estimated delivery date 02 Sept. No sign of it as of yet and to be honest I'm kinda losing hope.:(
    Order came to $25.78 & I chose International Airmail in the hope of it not being stopped by customs. Now I'm sorry I just didn't order the $80 or so worth I initially wanted, put in on tracked delivery and cough up VAT if required. At least I might have the product.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

muggles wrote: »
    I placed an order on 18 Aug. Shipped 20 Aug. Estimated delivery date 02 Sept. No sign of it as of yet and to be honest I'm kinda losing hope.:(
    Order came to 20€ ($25.78) & I chose International Airmail in the hope of it not being stopped by customs. Now I'm sorry I just didn't order the 61€ ($80) or so worth I initially wanted, put in on tracked delivery and cough up VAT if required. At least I might have the product.:(

My orders usually take 12 working days, today was the 11th wd for your order, so you should get it in the next couple of days.

Probably goes to Germany first and then on to Ireland.

Cheers eq.....(I'm not going to attempt your user name!!:P)
    I'll renew my hope so for another couple of days. I was so looking forward to those apple pies.:D

My orders usually take 12 working days, today was the 11th wd for your order, so you should get it in the next couple of days.

Probably goes to Germany first and then on to Ireland.

Finally arrived this morning!! I'd want to place my next order now if it's to arrive before this box runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kisugem

Iherb is offering again free delivery on orders over $60.

Airmail should be fine, just don't use the DHL.

Advertisement