Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

brand new nexus 7 32gb (2012,model)

Options
  • 19-06-2014 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭

Nexus 7 32gb in Argos €124.99 good stock levels nationally 8141222

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Very good price, nice find op.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Very good price!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭ablelocks

very tempted by this....buy now or wait and see if the 2013 gets similar reductions later in the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Is there a big difference between this and the 2013 model?
    Also is there hdmi output on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

toby2111 wrote: »

This article talks about the differences between them, but tbh at the price Argos are selling it for it would be rude not to buy the 2012 imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

The 2012 one has HDMI out which is absent from the new one I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Snow Crash

toby2111 wrote: »

The 2013 version has a much better screen so I'll be waiting for that one to come down in price once the 2014 model goes on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭mcw92

damian139 wrote: »
    The 2012 one has HDMI out which is absent from the new one I believe

There is no HDMI out on either model sure.
    The 2013 model allows for a slimport connection,
    while I think while the 2012 model is not supported, there is ways of connecting it to a TV.

I stand corrected. I got the wrong info from a review elsewhere- apologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭flintash

tempted here myself. not that i really need one.... wonder if 3g model will come down in price? and how often one needs 3g? maybe stick a dongle when needed....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Cheers OP, gfs birthday present sorted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Are you sure it's the 2012 model? Looks to have a front camera in the picture on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lockers55

ah feck, just bought 16gb earlier on second hand for €100.
    ah well

Stick it on adverts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lockers55

have one already on adverts with a cracked screen.

Are you sure it's the 2012 model? Looks to have a front camera in the picture on the site.

The 2012 Nexus has a camera on the front, 1.2MP.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I have one of these and I found it laggy and irritating too often, even at this price I wouldn't recommend it given similar reductions can be expected on the much better 2013 model shortly. I wiped it, reflashed it, updated it at every release and never got it working at a level that wasn't at a minimum annoying on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Inquitus wrote: »
    I have one of these and I found it laggy and irritating too often, even at this price I wouldn't recommend it given similar reductions can be expected on the much better 2013 model shortly. I wiped it, reflashed it, updated it at every release and never got it working at a level that wasn't at a minimum annoying on a regular basis.

Think thats the first negative i've seen for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

mcw92 wrote: »
    Think thats the first negative i've seen for this.

I am using it right now, I would follow his advice and get 2013 version for a bit more.It has twice the ram, way better CPU and a brilliant screen.

I find my 2012 a bit slow, lacks ram and the screen is pretty poor by today's standard.Its worth about 100 euro imo

Much prefer my Sony Experia Z1 smartphone, way faster.

• Advertisement

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    I am using it right now, I would follow his advice and get 2013 version for a bit more.It has twice the ram, way better CPU and a brilliant screen.

I find my 2012 a bit slow, lacks ram and the screen is pretty poor by today's standard.Its worth about 100 euro imo

Much prefer my Sony Experia Z1 smartphone, way faster.

Of course the Z1 is way faster, it is a near €500 phone still.
    I wouldn't recommend buying one if you already have a high spec phone, Nexus/Galaxy/Z1 etc.

It all depends on what it's wanted for.
    The people I have seen asking here usually always want it for a parent/son/daughter for general browsing/email/casual videos.

For this, The 2012 model is grand, much better than any other tablets in this price range.(Galaxy Tab 3 7" being one)
    If they plan to use it for more than 2/3 hours a day, then yes they should probably get the 2013 model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

mcw92 wrote: »
    Of course the Z1 is way faster, it is a near €500 phone still.
    I wouldn't recommend buying one if you already have a high spec phone, Nexus/Galaxy/Z1 etc.

It all depends on what it's wanted for.
    The people I have seen asking here usually always want it for a parent/son/daughter for general browsing/email/casual videos.

For this, The 2012 model is grand, much better than any other tablets in this price range.(Galaxy Tab 3 7" being one)
    If they plan to use it for more than 2/3 hours a day, then yes they should probably get the 2013 model.

Oh yeah for kids and holiday use it's grand.

Like you said if its going to be used daily, it doesn't cut it anymore.

Most people have decent smartphones now and this tablet is old school Galaxy S3 performance

Advertisement