Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your least favourite popular or 'good' character? (Contains Book Spoilers)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,268 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'd forgotten about the Sunset Girl rape so I can see your point on that basis, but how you can't see him as being a victim in Tysha's gang-rape is odd to me. It's blaming a 13 year old victim of child abuse for the abuse of another of the victims of their abuser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Sleepy wrote: »
    I'd forgotten about the Sunset Girl rape so I can see your point on that basis, but how you can't see him as being a victim in Tysha's gang-rape is odd to me. It's blaming a 13 year old victim of child abuse for the abuse of another of the victims of their abuser.
    Yeah but he sees it as only a wrong done to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,268 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Does he? I'd have thought his biterness towards the entire situation, specifically the rage once Jaime fills him in on the truth that she wasn't a whore, was a recognition that she wasn't just another one of the crowd making jokes at the imp's expense: she actually loved him and his family had her gang-raped, forcing him to take part and (worse in his mind?) fooled him into believing that she hadn't loved him: contributing to his fairly ingrained view of himself as being unworthy of love etc.

I'm still curious as to if he'll cross her path again. I'd be one of those who reckons "The Sailors Wife" is Tysha and her inclusion is a bit of a Chekov's gun.

Advertisement