Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS: Felt Racing Machine/Mavic Cosmic Carbones

Options
  • 21-05-2014 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

Felt F5 Carbon Moncocoque throughout, aluminium stem and handlebars though.

History : Purchased 2012 original receipt available. Unused in 2012 due to injury. 500kms only in summer 2013 before small accident resulting in another injury. Small damage to gear lug (as per picture) which will be fixed pre sale.

Bike is sold with following upgrades from stock 105 parts.

Cosmic Carbones with new Dura Ace 10speed & chain (11-25)
    Vittoria Open Corsa CXII new
    6 month old Wireless Cateye computer
    New Look Keo Blades (carbon)

Reason for sale is that Im back racing and want to upgrade. Can't take anything away from this bike though, its such a comfortable ride, incredibly stiff in bottom bracket and responsive when needed. Of all the bikes I have ridden in years racing, this ticks almost all boxes.

Price for wheels, tyres & cassette €450
    Price for bike and wheels €1,350

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

That's a serious looking bike mate just looking for size,weight and location thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

That's a serious looking bike mate just looking for size,weight and location thanks

My apologies.

8.2kg with stock parts and wheels but reduced with cosmics and dura ace cassette.

It's a 56cm. I'm just under 6 foot so perfectly suitable for 5.8 to my height.

I'm in Booterstown, South Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭cycleoin86

What year are the wheels? They look a bit more dated than the 2012 models??

cycleoin86 wrote: »

The wheels didn't come with the bike. In truth, I'm not sure what year they are but both had limited use when i purchased them. The decals were power washed off, the outline of them allstill visible. They are Cosmic Carbones, both perfectly true running a 10 speed cassette. Nothing quite like their sound when I let loose on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

cycleoin86 wrote: »

It's the 2008 model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Hey , what's the breaking surface of the rims like , what would you let them go for without cassette or tyres , considering the decals would need to be replaced , thanks .

sullzz wrote: »
    Hey , what's the breaking surface of the rims like , what would you let them go for without cassette or tyres , considering the decals would need to be replaced , thanks .

Hi, thanks for your interest Sullzz,

The wheels are perfect and I really mean that. Won a league race with them last night. The braking surface is absolutely spot on as it's alloy, same as non carbon wheels. No burn, no grabbing, nothing preventing them stopping. The wheels have so much forward momentum that in the rain you do need to be careful like any good carbon wheel.

Without cassette and tyres, €300 - the dura ace cassette is one month old as are the tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭ciarano

Is the Bike 2008 or 2012?

the bike is bought new in 2012. will show receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭ciarano

Gorgeous bike was asking from earlier comment wasnt sure of year not thread spoiling as interested myself
    have a span new st of Carbon Clinchers for sale paid €1150

http://www.adverts.ie/road-bikes/oval-concepts-946-clinchers-2014/5474793

was going to see if you were interested in swap if not GLWS

• Advertisement

ciarano wrote: »
    Gorgeous bike was asking from earlier comment wasnt sure of year not thread spoiling as interested myself
    have a span new st of Carbon Clinchers for sale paid €1150

http://www.adverts.ie/road-bikes/oval-concepts-946-clinchers-2014/5474793

was going to see if you were interested in swap if not GLWS

no thanks Ciarano, got a new set of wheels lined up (C35 TUBS)

Hi taxuser1 , would you accept 280 for the wheels without cassette or tyres , I could collect them tomorrow off you if you could

Hi taxuser1 , would you accept 280 for the wheels without cassette or tyres , I could collect them tomorrow off you if you could

I'll meet you in the middle 290. Tomorrow is not good though, I don't have shimano lock and cassette tools to take the cassette off and cant get to bike shop. unless you do?

Fair enough 290 it is so , I gave mine out for a loan , id doubt I'd get them back this weekend tho , when would suit you , or how much with the cassette

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Danmandanman

Hi I'd be interested in having a look at the bike (pref. with wheels but fine without). Cycling home to Wicklow tomorrow afternoon so would be cool if I could drop in on the way. PM me if it suits.

Fair enough 290 it is so , I gave mine out for a loan , id doubt I'd get them back this weekend tho , when would suit you , or how much with the cassette

The cassette is span new, less than one month on. I'd have to say €370 with as tyres wheels and cassette were going for 450. For the whole lot I'll go to €400. Savage tyres, vittoria open corsa II

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    The cassette is span new, less than one month on. I'd have to say €370 with as tyres wheels and cassette were going for 450. For the whole lot I'll go to €400. Savage tyres, vittoria open corsa II

350 for wheels and cassette ?? It'll save you having to go to the bike shop and it'll be cash in your hand tomorrow

Hi I'd be interested in having a look at the bike (pref. with wheels but fine without). Cycling home to Wicklow tomorrow afternoon so would be cool if I could drop in on the way. PM me if it suits.

Hi Dan, just to be above board here, can you confirm your offer subject to inspection and I'll arrange then a time. I'm not around from 3 onwards though.

350 for wheels and cassette ?? It'll save you having to go to the bike shop and it'll be cash in your hand tomorrow
    Sorry Sullz, its a new dura ace cassette, that was as low as I was going.

Sorry Sullz, its a new dura ace cassette, that was as low as I was going.

Grand so I'll take it with the cassette too so , are you around tomorrow at all

• Advertisement

Grand so I'll take it with the cassette too so , are you around tomorrow at all

Hi Sullzz, I'm home until lunch time. How's that for you?

Hi Sullzz, I'm home until lunch time. How's that for you?

I'll pm you now

Hi Dan, just to be above board here, can you confirm your offer subject to inspection and I'll arrange then a time. I'm not around from 3 onwards though.

700 without wheels?

700 without wheels?

Hi Dan, I'll settle on 800 without pictured pedals instead with Look Keo on hand. If you're happy to view and take the bike before I fix the lug, I'm around tomorrow as suits until 2.

Hi Dan, I'll settle on 800 without pictured pedals instead with Look Keo on hand. If you're happy to view and take the bike before I fix the lug, I'm around tomorrow as suits until 2.

To be honest, I've no idea what fixing lug might cost. Do you have any quotes or know who to go to? I'll get back to you in the morning, cheers.

Wheels and cassette sold to Sullzz for 350. Thanks very much my man, very nice meeting you.

Everything bar the wheels and pedals now for €780 on proviso gearing lug is repaired yourself.

Looking elsewhere for now, so withdrawing my offer, cheers.

Wheels and cassette sold to Sullzz for 350. Thanks very much my man, very nice meeting you.

Delighted with the wheels , thanks again Taxuser1 , enjoyed the chat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Colmoc_1234

Hi, I got the link from one of the Orwell guys. Would you take an Orwell discounted offer of €750? Would be able to drop around tomorrow.

Advertisement