Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free Nicky kelly

Options
  • 10-05-2014 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭

Just watching a documentary on tg4 about Nicky Kelly who was unjustly jailed in the 80's. Despite never being tried, and the evidence against him extracted by beatings, spent four years in jail.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

plac spuc and the fca

free nicky Kelly and the ira

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Is he not already free then?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Choppersticks

Yes I hear you they beat the **** out of him big thick mullas with battens left him black blue red and green. There should be gardai held to account after the fact
    NICKY KELLY WRONG PLACE WRONG TIME

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

The southern state got its hands very dirty during the troubles too

IMO much of the problems with the Gardaí stems from the days of the heavy gang when they were given free reign to do what they liked and were unaccountable. Nicky Kelly was not the only one stitched up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I thought it was something you had to save tokens for.

Collect 4 tokens for a free nicky kelly....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

".......with every £10 spent at Esso"

......as the graffiti of the time went.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭theKillerBite

Calling all Shinnerbots...

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

Has he spent all the compo yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

This should get a few drunk chuckies out of the woodwork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Michael Noonen was minister for justice at the time, the arrogance displayed back then is still evident today, although things might change thanks to Sgt. McCabe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Shows how much you know. If you wanna use lazy language like that at least make sure you are accurate first

Nicky Kelly was never affiliated with SF or the IRA. He was a member of Official Sinn Féin/Workers party and later the IRSP. Then after he got out of jail he was a member and county councilor for the labour party, until he left them in 2011 and is now an independent county councillor in Wicklow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Michael Noonen was minister for justice at the time, the arrogance displayed back then is still evident today, although things might change thanks to Sgt. McCabe.

As any form of Republican, you can have scant hope for justice from a blueshirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

I remember in the 80s when I was just a young lad and every wall in the area had "free nicky Kelly" on it..
    I was down the country last year driving through Kilkenny or Waterford and seen the same graffiti on the a wall. fair paly to that painted for passing the test of time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Shows how much you know. If you wanna use lazy language like that at least make sure you are accurate first

Nicky Kelly was never affiliated with SF or the IRA. He was a member of Official Sinn Féin/Workers party and later the IRSP. Then after he got out of jail he was a member and county councilor for the labour party, until he left them in 2011 and is now an independent county councillor in Wicklow
    But... but they had to be the first to say "shinnerbot", you gotta understand how vital this is to some people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Epic fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Jesus, thats an very old case to bring up on boards ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭donegal__road

I remember 'Free Nicky Kelly' in giant white lettering written across the side of Ben Bulben in the early 80s.

Local men used to abseil down the side of Ben Bulben at night to paint the grass with white-wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

With every box of cornflakes
    is what i remember

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Hootanany wrote: »
    With every box of cornflakes
    is what i remember

Yeah I remember hearing that.

Nickys still around but he was very sick in the last year or so. I had a lot of time for him but life circumstances have not gone well for him in recent years.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Bumped into Nicky at Áras an Chontae in Wicklow Town not so long ago. He's always a nice guy, but he's still smoking heavily.

Always struck me as a genuine person. Was unlucky in the mid-90's when he was beaten to a Dáil seat by Mildred Fox.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Leave your fancy facts and logic out of this, we're on a witchhunt here!

Also, Jean McConville Jean McConville Jean McConville Jean McConville Jean McConville!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Just watching a documentary on tg4 about Nicky Kelly who was unjustly jailed in the 80's. Despite never being tried, and the evidence against him extracted by beatings, spent four years in jail.

There are lads in Guantanamo bay right now who have been there 10+ years who went through worse and will never get a penny for it. Start a thread on that instead of something that happened nearly 30 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Some people just always have an axe to grind with anybody who holds republican sympathies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

bumper234 wrote: »
    There are lads in Guantanamo bay right now who have been there 10+ years who went through worse and will never get a penny for it. Start a thread on that instead of something that happened nearly 30 years ago.

Interesting how some posters react to the slightest attempt to raise issues of establishment injustice and corruption in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

DazMarz wrote: »
    Bumped into Nicky at Áras an Chontae in Wicklow Town not so long ago. He's always a nice guy, but he's still smoking heavily.

Always struck me as a genuine person. Was unlucky in the mid-90's when he was beaten to a Dáil seat by Mildred Fox.

Yeah, looks like a heart attack waiting to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Wtf?
    Every thread without fail of this nature someone has to come along and whatabout.
    What's the issue with them starting a thread on this topic? Why should they start a thread on a different topic that's not this topic, and why don't you start such a thread so? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Is there no thread you can leave alone and not try push your tired and boring agenda on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭donegal__road

WW2 started more than 30 years ago, and there have been plenty of threads on that over the years.

The moon landing was more then 30 years ago and there ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,,

The 1916 Rising occurred more than 30 years ago, and there have ,, ,, ,, ,, ,,

poorly articulated point Bumper.. just sayin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

mfceiling wrote: »
    I thought it was something you had to save tokens for.

Collect 4 tokens for a free nicky kelly....

Free a Nipper while you are at it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Lucky for them. If they were out they'd have probably blown themselves up by now.

Advertisement