Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolf Armouries?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

Link not working for hobby, what make was it.?

DP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Wolf armouries are legit and trustworthy. The only negative is I found them to be a bit too pricey. And as DP mentioned your Hobby link is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Moved from Reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TBGamer

It was the Colt M4A1 CQBR (Metal) with Retractable Stock

and can you check if the Ares M4A1 full metal black off zero one airsoft is the same as the 1 off wolf armouries because it is out of stock.

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=2102 and http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/product.asp?page=product&id=AEG17

Are they both the same, Because 1 weighs less?

can you also compare the Ares M4A1 to the Colt M4A1 CQBR (Metal) and tell me which one is better?

bump

• Advertisement

BUMPPP

Bump

It would be better if you didn't constantly bump your post as it can be taken as a bit rude. Most guys will help you if they can but don't live online to answer at every waking moment.

Now as regards the two sites selling the Ares, the description on both websites clearly states that they are ARES AR009's. So yes they are both the same.
    Maybe the sites made an error as regards specs/weights.

Try looking on the ARES website, which is found easily using a search engine like Google!

Just in case;
    http://www.aresairsoft.com/m4.html

ZeroOneAirsoft doesn't say that it is the AR009 ONLY WOLF DO

Sorry If I used caps Im on teamspeak and my push to chat is caps.

And what does you guys thing of Colt M4A1 CQBR (Metal) with Retractable Stock from hobbyairsoft compared to the Ares M4A1?

Which one is better and has better gear, full metal gear and more reliable? just overall better?

Ares AEG M4A1pixel_trans.gifpixel_trans.gif
    AEG-17.jpg £182.95pixel_trans.gif
    divider_productinfo.jpg
    pixel_trans.gif
    Average Rating 5/5 (5)Item SKU: AR-009574014461-mfr_logo_ares.gifbutton_stock_alert.pngpixel_trans.gif
    pixel_trans.gif
    button_read_reviews.pngpixel_trans.gif

A quick copy of Zeroones page shows clearly the model AR-009

• Advertisement

I have no opinion on the one in HobbyAirsoft as I can't access the website at work so I have no idea what make of AEG it is.

Thank you very much! Do you know what battery goes with it? Ares website say "9.6V 1500mAH Mini (2/3A) Nunchuck (Crane Stock)"

Zeroone and Wolf say 8.4 mini

xNrzdoW

http://imgur.com/xNrzdoW

That or the Ares?

Do a google search for reviews of the ones you like the look off. Not all reviews are decent but it may give you a better idea.

I have one of the newer ARES ones myself with there new EFC electronics. It performs well. It looks well and feels solid. The new electronics package that is fitted works well, but if you want to change the firing program you have to buy a programmer seperately.

I ordered my programmer directly from ARES (which were very easy to deal with) as non of the Irish, UK, European or HK dealers had them at that time.

http://imgur.com/xNrzdoW

That or the Ares?

Whats the diff between EFC and normal? I'd rather get normal because Im new and dont need to program I guess?

The Cyma are a decent AEG. Very heavy compared to a lot of other metal M4s (including my PTW which is close to its RS counterpart).

Out of the 2 I prefer the ARES. The newer ARES has a mosfet already fitted and it has a quick change spring feature. The Cyma doesn't.

Battery wise I only use lipo batteries. The other companies are quoting you 8.4v nimh batteries. Both AEGs are capable of taking the right size 9.6v nimh or 7.4v lipo batteries.
    Technically the ARES can handle much stronger batteries as it has the mosfet fitted.

Here is a write up off the ARES, and it shows detailed pics of the gearbox and the EFC unit, microswitch trigger and quick change spring.
    http://www.airsoftnews.eu/page.php?p=263

Below is a pic of a standard V2 switch. Batteries cause arcing which eventually cause the switch to fail, this can be many months before it happens depending on power of battery used and wear can quicken if you use more semi fire.
    CYMA-HY-118-01.jpg

I should say as well you don't have to re programme the ARES EFC, you can just leave it standard (semi and full auto)

The Ares of the wolfarmouries is that the new one? with MOSFET? if so can you tell me where to get some good batterys that fit the gun? and link me?

So what should I get EFC or normal?

Whats better?

What is the diff?

what does it change on the gun? does it make it better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Do not start any more threads about this topic. Stick with this thread.

When peeps see your questions they will answer if they have any thing to help.

Repeated bumps will get you banned.

yeah. So what is the difference between EFC and non EFC rifles?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

TBGamer wrote: »
    yeah. So what is the difference between EFC and non EFC rifles?

You have already had this question answered for you by Rooky1; you're just not reading the answers in your rush to pick a gun. Slow down.

But to spell it out; the EFC gearbox has a MOSFET pre-installed to determine trigger pull rather than a rudimentary arc (i.e. two metal plates connecting) set-up of traditional gearboxes. All of which has already been said on this thread.

As for batteries, personally I would use neither (8.4 or 9.6), although I do own a few. But I'm not about to recommend LIPO batteries to a new player, so I'd say you'll be perfectly fine with an 8.4v battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

TBGamer wrote: »

Read what the product listing says about the gearbox. Should give you a very clear answer.

Also:
    • EFC - uses an dedicated electronic circuit board to handle trigger pull
    • Non-EFC/MOSFET - relies on metal plates making sufficient contact with each other to pass an electrical current to signal trigger pull
    Which do you think sounds more efficient?

Advertisement