Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€36, Hand held games console, TMART

Options
  • 18-02-2014 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

So missed out on the ICOO and Cuce before xmas and after promising a little gaming console to my daughter I managed to get one of these!
    http://www.tmart.com/8GB-4.3-Ultra-thin-LCD-Touch-Screen-New-Game-MP3-MP4-MP5-Player-Camera-E-Book-TXT-PDF-Black_p169007.html

The title was a little generic... it looked like a psp clone and the price aint too bad at €36.

For the first time ever this device got here without any customs charges... maybe they all worked OT at xmas and needed a break!

First impression is its packaged just like the cheap tablets and thats the quality I was expecting... but I was pleasantly surprised, in that the build quality is far far better than the generic cheap tablets. Its really good quality.

Instruction and cabling are minimal, but you can figure it out. All the buttons work including the glass buttons at the top and thumb pad at the right. There is a very low spec camera at the back and the screen is only 4.3 but actually it is fine for playing the games.

The console come preinstalled with hundreds of old school games such as street fighter :)

There is an av out, usb connection and sdcard slot for loading more games. I havent tested any of these aspects as there are seriously a lot of games to play around with.

Bottom line, I'm not sure if it is a bargain or not. If you compare it in price to a PSP then its a bargain but it doesnt play psp games so maybe not. However for 36Euro its better than the Sega I bought from amazon last year so Im inclined to call it a bargin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Edit: seems this console is only 25.95eur with this coupon code... 6e3c0c68f4
    Can a mod change the price in title?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I have one. The quality is good, sturdy and the screen is great. It plays most GBA/GB/SNES/MD roms but so far about 10% of them don't work, acceptable though for the price.

Also plays video.

Like you said, the box is a generic, tatty, made-in-china budget job, but the product itself is surprisingly robust.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

couldn't resist! showed up as 26.65 with the code and 20 'points' it allowed me to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

whats the battery life like? are they android and then you load roms onto them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Dam you OP!!

I really didnt need this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I really didn't need one...

But whenever I see these kinda things and they're gone, I'm always like "Oh, if only I was quicker..."

Now I have two on order :o

And paying with Paypal, it's just click, click, click and done!

Thanks OP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,217 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Metal Slug! It had to be done!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

I don't need this but, damn it, I want one.
    Trying to resist but finding it difficult.

Can anyone find a full list of games?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

gmisk wrote: »
    Can anyone find a full list of games?

Is it not a case that it runs emulators so you can download and play any old games for the compatible emulators.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Would this play the old super mario roms from super nintendo?

littlejp wrote: »
    Is it not a case that it runs emulators so you can download and play any old games for the compatible emulators.
    I thought it had 2000 games built in just?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

deegs wrote: »
    Edit: seems this console is only 25.95eur with this coupon code... 6e3c0c68f4
    Can a mod change the price in title?

I haven't woken up yet how do you add the code?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

I haven't woken up yet how do you add the code?

You need to register an account, go as far as their secure payment screen. Enter it there and then after that select paypal

It has built in software, it's not android.

It comes with sample roms - Streets of Rage 2, NES Contra, Metal Slug, etc. All work fine.

Few roms I've tried don't work correctly, no ways around it as the emulators are part of the inbuilt software. But most of them work perfectly fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

Damn you all!
    You don't even need to register and account to use the code - just add to your basket, choose checkout with Paypal and after you login to Paypal it comes back to the order confirmation page and you can enter it there.

Way too easy, the wait begins

Excellent price as well. Paid a good bit more for mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Couldnt resist damn you deegs :D Paypal is too easy!!!!!!!

Thanks for the good find cant wait :eek:

I am after buying one too, should be some fun and with a statement like this one from the specifications detail, how could I not buy one!!

tmart wrote:
    Fancy tone and wonderful music feeling

I love wonderful music feelings

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭supersparkz

Dammit, Cant resist bargain..........:mad::mad:

TY OP:cool:

Credit card will be cancelled soon methinks...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Wow, selling an emulation machine with ROMs is fairly blatant piracy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Shiminay wrote: »
    Wow, selling an emulation machine with ROMs is fairly blatant piracy!

And China are usually so respectful of copyright issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Just bought one and for €26 you cant go wrong thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

Does this play PS1 roms? Die hard trilogy to be exact - I'll pay anything to play that again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Quick question, thinking of buying for 13 year old, he has PSP and likes it and would be handy for him

Is it just the 200 games with it you can use? Or can you loads on more games? any links on how to?

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Quick question, thinking of buying for 13 year old, he has PSP and likes it and would be handy for him

Is it just the 200 games with it you can use? Or can you loads on more games? any links on how to?

Just connects like a removable flash drive, drop whatever roms onto it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Just ordered one with the coupon discount.

Feeling apprehensive but at the price it seems grand. Will probably get an Android one in the future.

Is there a list of the consoles it supports?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Thanks OP, and damn you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I guess I am the only one that thinks everyone in here is insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

tinodz wrote: »
    I guess I am the only one that thinks everyone in here is insane.

since you posted are you also now "in here" and thus by your own reckoning "insane"? :p

Advertisement