Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone Flatline Half Marathon 13th Sept 2014

Options
  • 14-02-2014 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭

The Athlone Flatline Half Marathon takes place on the 13th September this year, online entries open on the 1st of March starting at €20.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭blockic

Also just to give some information on entry prices from the organisers:

"We will open entry for the race of March 1st until March 31st for €20.

The cost of entry will then rise to €25 from April 1st until May 31st. From June 1st until July 31st it will be €30 and from August first until entry closes on August 17th it will be €40.

There is a simple moral to this story. Get in early. We can only advice based on last years race that it may sell out quite quickly. We had hundreds of people who we could not accommodate on our waiting list."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

Registration opened yesterday for this:
    http://precisiontiming.primo-solutions.co.uk/ps/event/AthloneFlatlineHalfMarathon2014

Looking forward to running it this year as I had to miss it last year due to injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 RossyR

Many Boardsies planning on doing the Flatline this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Yes, had my pb there last year... One of the flattest and fastest Half marathons in the country... you couldnt hope for better on a public road.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kat2171

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Yes, had my pb there last year... One of the flattest and fastest Half marathons in the country... you couldnt hope for better on a public road.

Going to do the Flatline this year.
    Was a good one last year by all accounts..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Excellent race and I race I highly recommend. Very well organised on a flat enough course (as flat as you can get in Ireland!) The only small thing I remember to be conscious of is the condition of the rural road in parts. Really looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

Just finished reading last year's thread. Great read. Anyone fancy getting the ball rolling on a similar competition?

Price goin up on Fri so this week is a good week to enter.

Also planning on entering Dublin full this week.... hope I stay injury free!!

Anyone else having trouble completing registration for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭rob w

Just signed up on Sunday myself and had no issues. This is the link I used...

http://precisiontiming.primo-solutions.co.uk/ps/event/AthloneFlatlineHalfMarathon2014/EntryForm?id=5952

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Registered yesterday - no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭rob w

Saw this on their Facebook this morning...
    We’re sorry to hear that some people have had some problems trying to register online.
    The problem seems to be that Precision Timing have had to add a layer of security now for payment as requested by their payment gateway and sometimes previously downloaded cookies can interfere with the payment process.
    If you go to your browser settings and delete your cookies, making sure your Precision Timing basket is empty and try again, it should work. If anyone continues to experience issues please contact us on info@athlonehalfmarathon.com or send us a PM on facebook.
    We apologize for any inconvenience

Completed entry today. I have to say thanks to the people involved, very efficient and prompt dealing with the small issue i had. Looking forward to the race now....

I see on the Facebook page that the July entry price has been extended til Tue due to some technical issues with the entry system over the last couple of days..

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭KingMambo26

Just signed up. For once thank gods for the technical difficulties that allowed to get the July price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Signed up and looking forward to it.. Really enjoyed it last year.

Just a reminder to all that you have till 12
    tonite to register before the price goes up..

As per the FB page, no more entries been accepted for the race, quota reached!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

Anyone know about the water stations? Can't find any info on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

webpal wrote: »
    Anyone know about the water stations? Can't find any info on their website

according to Facebook the water stations are at miles 3, 6 and 9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Skidrow

Anyone know who is pacing 1:45 and 1:50 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Skidrow wrote: »
    Anyone know who is pacing 1:45 and 1:50 ?

I stand corrected on this but i think the Flatline boys provide there own pacers, maybe ask them on the event Facebook page. Sure they would point you in the right direction.

Hi all. I am one of the guys involved in organising the Flatline.
    Just to answer a couple of points.

Yes there will be water stations at mile 3, 6 and 9.
    You will also be glad to hear that as before we will be using the small water bottles.
    So no cups.... there are enough people half drowning themselves these days with the ice bucket challenge :-)

There will be pacers for the following finishing times: 1:25, 1:30, 1:35, 1:45, 1:50 and 2hrs.
    I'm not sure of who they are at the moment - or if they are boardsies for that matter (one of the other guys has it organised).
    But they will be doing their job on the day and encouraging as many as possible along with them.

Finally as was mentioned/predicted in #2 post back in Feb it has fully sold out.
    We have received lots of emails since the closing date but unfortunately they are a waste of time as the race is full.
    All we can say is Enter Early Next Year!!

Hope everyones training going well.
    See ye on the 13th..

No 1:31:30 pacers then:rolleyes::)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Just to note that I was following the 1:30 pacers last year and there was quite a substantial gang of us (approx 50). The narrow country roads over the first few miles meant it got very congested and I remember at least one person stumbling in amongst that crowd.
    So, be prepared for that and if it's an issue for you then I'd advise running just in front of the pacers for the first few miles at least. At least there should be a bit more room there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

belcarra wrote: »
    Just to note that I was following the 1:30 pacers .
    By about 10 mins..

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

I'm a bit disappointed, was hoping for a sub 1:40 pacer in this. 1:35 will be too fast, and 1:45 too slow. I thought there was a 1:37 min pacer last year? Was hoping to benefit and practice running in a group with a pacer, as hope to do that in DCM. Anyway, I know it is not possible to have pacers for everyones personal preference, but if ye do happen to get an extra volunteer pacer, maybe ye would consider sub 1:40?
    Thanks!

Race Brief document is now up on athlonehalfmarathon website.

Fingers crossed the weather will stay nice for the weekend!
    Good luck to everyone taking part..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Best of luck to all the Boardsies running this Saturday, i know theres quiet a few.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

RossyR wrote: »
    Race Brief document is now up on athlonehalfmarathon website.

Impressive document, haven't run it before but feel I know everything there is to know now :)

Advertisement