Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice: Ryanair, Changing time/departure under 24hrs grace period.

Options
  • 11-02-2014 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi folks,

So I booked a flight with ryanair last night in the early hours and unfortunately I selected the wrong flight. Basically the flight departs a good 2 hours before I need to, not the end of the world but its out of Dublin and I will be traveling up from Galway so I will have to leave home very early.

Anyway, long shot, but does anybody know what changes are covered with their 24 hours grace period for minor changes?

I would like to get the later flight or seeing as route changes seem to be covered I could change the entire booking to depart and return through Shannon which would also save me hours.

Also, I have done the on-line check in, maybe this too restricts any chance of changing the booking.

Greatly appreciate any pointers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

If you've already checked in I doubt you have any options at all. Why did you check in?
    Contact them, we're not going to be able to give you a definitive answer.

Customers who book directly on the Ryanair.com website have a 24 hour grace period from the time of original booking, to correct any minor errors (i.e. spelling of names, incorrect routings/dates) made in their original booking.

Please contact Reservations where we will be happy to assist you.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Mahogany Gaspipe

Well, it is possible someone has gone through the same procedure, hence why I'm asking the question here.

I checked in straight after booking the flight to get it out of the way, the flight is for this Thursday.

Yeah I suppose I just have to call them and see what they say. I'll shall report back for those who may have an interest.

Sorry, didn't mean to be rude. It's just they've only just brought in this change(in the last couple of weeks) so there would be very few people who might have availed of it, and even fewer on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

If you can't get to the airport in time for your flight, you could perhaps stay a night in an airport hotel the night before? or if you want to save money, you could even just stay a night in a hostel dorm room in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

grimm2005 wrote: »
    If you can't get to the airport in time for your flight, you could perhaps stay a night in an airport hotel the night before? or if you want to save money, you could even just stay a night in a hostel dorm room in the city centre.
    +1
    you can get a room at the premier inn near the airport for as little as 30 or 40 euro and should you be coming by bus or train then a bed in a hostel downtown can sometimes cost only a tenner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Mahogany Gaspipe

Ok, so thanks for the all replies.

Well I rang ryanair, explained that I booked the incorrect flight and would prefer to changed the booking to the midday flight.
    The rep says, "Ok I see you have already checked in so we'll need to check you out first which I shall now do" grand I say, while thinking, right whats this going to cost me? "Ok so you've been checked out, so please call back in an hour and we can change that booking for you", which I have just done.

So, two very brief cheapish €0.15 per/min phone calls and without any additional flight charges (both flights were the same price) and the change has been made!

I'm happy with that, good job ryanair!

Nice work! Thanks for getting back on here with details too.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

looks like the "new caring Ryanair" may actually exist!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

wow, that's a pretty shocking (but great) result considering this is Ryanair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Ernest Oreo

24 hr grace period??
    looks like this might be my saviour (longshot)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 emergingwriter

I wonder how "minor" minor is...like could you change dates and routes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 c_orourke

They are very helpful. I bought flights last night, but on the return date booked the wrong flight time. I rang them this morning at nine and was put straight through (waited for about 15 seconds) and the woman on the phone changed the times within three minutes, and there was no extra charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

I've just tried to call the Ryanair customer care line to change a flight time within my 24 hour grace period but they leave at 6pm and the phone is just ringing out.
    I tried to change the flight online myself but fees of €40 have appeared ( afee which I wouldn't be charged if I talked to customer care on the phone apparently.
    Does anyone know how toc hange the flight time online without incurring the €40 fee? My 24 hours is up around 8pm :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

OK, I luckily spotted another number on their website open until 7pm (95c per min though), got through and he changed the flight for free (the different time was the same price as the original time booked).
    I asked him why I incurred a €40 fee doing it online and he said you can only get the free 24 hour change of flight if you call the Customer Care number.
    Just thought I'd share that for anyone else in this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 NiaDublin

Hi All,

I just changed a flight that I had booked yesterday evening, so with the 24hrs and I confirm no booking change charge, I just paid the difference, as the new flight was slightly more expensive. It was just a small change. I had booked the evening flight, while actually wanted the morning flight. There was no waiting on the line and the lady on the phone was very kind and efficient.

Cheers.

Advertisement