Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Genealogy Event

Options
  • 05-02-2014 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭

Seeing a lot of mentions of this now. Limerick 22md and 23rd of August. Anyone been to one of their events before? If so, who is it aimed at and what are your thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Coolnabacky1873

They have had two in New York City, 2012 & 2013. I was a vendor at the 2012 event and I was very impressed with it.

They had a broad range of speakers covering many different topics and it ran like clockwork. As soon as the allocated time finished for my talk they were getting things ready for the next one.

A lot does depend on what type of vendors & speakers participate. With a new first time event, industry vendors and relevant groups can sometimes hold back to see who will take the plunge and attend. Hopefully all the main ones will be there. I see RootsIreland and IARC have committed, plenty of time for others to follow. Listed talks so far look good, too.

Interesting choice of dates, trying to steal a march on Back To Our Past, maybe!

http://www.thegenealogyevent.com/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

It's not cheap - €50 for the weekend excluding the optional bits but lunch appears to be included.

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-genealogy-event-ireland-tickets-10026101339

I'll wait to see what else is scheduled before making a decision. I've heard most of those lectures at other events. Many of the talks look to be pitched at beginners.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement