Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jaw Surgery - mandibular advancement MEDICAL CARD

Options
  • 01-02-2014 6:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi guys first of all sorry for my English i hope its good enough for you to understand me, thanks.

I have few questions about the jaw surgery.

My first and the biggest question is if any of you know how long is the waiting list if I want to do it on my medical card ?
    I already applied for it and I am on the waiting list, I have been waiting already 6 months and I havent heard anything back yet.

How long does it take to recover ? I am in college so how many days off would I have to take if i finally get the date for it.

If i wanted to do it in private clinic how much would that cost me ? All i need is the surgery it self, my teeth are ready for the surgery i was prepared for it before in private clinic i just need the surgery now.

Also did any of you or your friends had this surgery done before ?
    I have to say it i am very deserated about that surgery I just need this done as fast as possible, its hard to be a teenager and have a " different face " then other people, I cant even smile to pictures as i look horrible. I am seriously getting upset as it does ruin my a big part of my life, it makes it more difficult to find a woman etc.

So does any of you have any feed back for this surgery ? does it change a lot in apperience ? do any of you have any pictures before / after ?

Here is a video of the type of surgery i need.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbzmcNspNiw

When I look at the end of the video on the before / after presentation I am so happy, the before picture looks just like me the face line etc, and i just cant wait for the after.

I hope all of you can understand me, thank you for your time.

Comments

Advertisement