Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaa Season Ticket Data Protection

Options
  • 31-01-2014 10:49am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭

Howdy,

Anyone else get a letter for HQ this morning regard their data being on show to other season ticket holders on Monday last ??? Its worse they are getting in those ticket offices :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

It's in incredibly poor site/system for the money if I'm honest, almost archaic. I've not received any letter, but they'd send it to the parents' address so I'm not fully sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

copy of the letter I received...

GAA_zps2a8ee10b.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

yep got the same one, I havent even got a mail to say tickets are available for printing, even though I know they are there..................you should be able to use your actual card for entry

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭G_H

Got the same letter this morning not impressed :mad:

yep got the same one, I havent even got a mail to say tickets are available for printing, even though I know they are there..................you should be able to use your actual card for entry

If your season ticket card was scanned instead of a paper printout then how would you prove you're in the seat you were assigned if the stewards came asking? It's different in the Hill or other grounds where there are no assigned seats. I do agree with you on the mails, the ST office are very poor in this regard generally, both in previous years and they're not having a good start this year either.

Edit: The cruel irony that as I write about their poor email contact they email us to say we have to log in and print out tickets for the match tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Got the letter as well this morning. Explains all the hassle I had after ordering my 3 free tickets for tomorrow. I actually logged in and ordered them around that time (and I seen all yer details :D ) but I didn't see anyone else's details. Wouldn't worry too much about it, would be different if it was hackers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

yep got one too, the tits:D just what I need more spam

Oldtree wrote: »
    yep got one too, the tits:D just what I need more spam

Its the one fecking address I use only for important stuff, and never get any spam to it, if I get any there're all being forwarded to seasonticket@gaa.ie :D

When you reset your password with their forgot pass system it CCs the seasonticket@gaa.ie email address :p

• Registered Users Posts: 39,540 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I got the same one, we are all part of the 223.

Not overly bothered to be honest, if it was just 223 season ticket holders for a about 30 mins I cant see it being an issue

• Advertisement

From what I understand reading the letter, it was 223 season ticket holders that were able to view other peoples details for only about 45 mins. I wouldn't be too worried about it, I think if anyone did see any details they wouldn't be passing them on or using them in any way! At least it wasn't hackers that accessed the info.

Its funny though, did it only affect people ordering the free tickets for the Dublin v Kerry match? I logged in around that time Monday eve, awful hassle all week sorting out the tickets I got (+ duplicates)

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Its funny though, did it only affect people ordering the free tickets for the Dublin v Kerry match? I logged in around that time Monday eve, awful hassle all week sorting out the tickets I got (+ duplicates)

No, I got the letter as well and I wasn't trying to get Dublin v Kerry tickets. I didn't log into my account until later that evening when I got the 2 emails from GAA about the League starting (with the second email telling me to disregard the first one). The timing of the first email did coincide with the start of the data protection breach so it must be something to do with that. If its any conciliation to any one else effected, as 1/223 of the people affected, I never saw anyone elses' data.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Can we all (223) get tickets for this years All Ireland, I got a letter today alright, what is wrong with the gaa and their websites?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭jeffred

Got letter also - but I was one of the 223 !

Logged in as normal but instead of seeing the usual screen all I seen was a table with names of season holder, ticket number, county, email, ph number, address. Scanned across whole row to see if credit card info was there also but thankfully it wasn't. Must have been at the end of the period when this happen as it was all gone in about 2mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,176 ✭✭✭✭km79

No, I got the letter as well and I wasn't trying to get Dublin v Kerry tickets. I didn't log into my account until later that evening when I got the 2 emails from GAA about the League starting (with the second email telling me to disregard the first one). The timing of the first email did coincide with the start of the data protection breach so it must be something to do with that. If its any conciliation to any one else effected, as 1/223 of the people affected, I never saw anyone elses' data.
    Also got a letter an I also did not attempt to get Dublin Kerry tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Fianna Fowl

I saw this fault during the week while logging in to my account. I was able to see some details of around 20 accounts. I was just checking to see if my tickets for the Dublin Kerry game were up and instead I saw a list. I just exited out.

Season ticket is great but that website is very poor

Got my letter yesterday too. I'm in the cool club now :D

Advertisement