Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

caught a company trying to dump revenge ideas needed

• 20-01-2014 7:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

As the title says I caught a guy in a van from a big chain of polish shops trying to dump outside my house, got him just in time so no mess to clean up. he jumped back in and drove off, I went to one of there shops to get the managers number only after I told him I have it on cctv he said he would call me back, he sent the driver back to apologise. that clown admitted it wasnt his first time. I told him I wanted his boss to ring me and explain what he will do about it no call so I rang them I was told not to ring again that they didnt care.

so boardsies how can I make them care.:mad:
    ps will upload video to youtube later.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Burn the building down and if the cops call tell them dont call again as you dont care

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

You should have a litter warden in your area. Give them a copy, and just maybe some real enforcement action will be taken.

Then again, it might not, all depends on how clear the video is, and how sure they can be about the actions, or potential actions.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Ring the council and have these leeches prosecuted!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Polish or polish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

They have an email address? You should put them forward to a few online subscriptions they may be interested in. It requires very little effort on your part however you won't have the enjoyment of watching your revenge in process.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

FearDark wrote: »
    Polish or polish?
    Shoe polish :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Upload to youtube is a good one. Hopefully the shop name is on the side of the van and visible in the video?
    Perhaps tip off your local paper about the video? If it is a slow news day then they may be interested.

But remember the shop folks know where you live, so expect a few beatings from some unemployed poles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

Done that but as he didnt get a chance to get the crap out of the van no action can be taken our warden is brilliant i give him tons of work ;)

oh the name is on the side in big letters
    apologies to the big chain of shoe polish companies and mr sheen you know it wasnt you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

...__... wrote: »
    As the title says I caught a guy in a van from a big chain of polish shops trying to dump outside my house, got him just in time so no mess to clean up.

When you say 'polish', do you mean polish or Polish? I need to know whether I should respond with cleaning-product-based puns or just the usual thinly veiled racism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Ring the Council and the Gardai - dumping is becoming a scourge in our cities (I have to deal with it nearly every week on a massive scale). Have them make an example of these cretins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Get a wee spitfire and an old pilot and fly over to their shop and shine all their products.

Oh and name and shame the business - possibly with a letter to local media too if you have proof of the act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

You can't get hit with defamation if they actually ARE breaking the law right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

I want to see the video :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

As much as I despise them with every fibre of my being; maybe give the story to the daily mail? They'll whip up a **** storm for certain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Local paper OP, they will love a story like this

Also put it on YouTube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

but daily mail will have "Polish Race Responsible For All Illegal Dumping"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

you need to call the garda and local council

You Tube and Popcorn on standby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

As the title says I caught a guy in a van from a big chain of polish shops trying to dump outside my house, got him just in time so no mess to clean up. he jumped back in and drove off, I went to one of there shops to get the managers number only after I told him I have it on cctv he said he would call me back, he sent the driver back to apologise. that clown admitted it wasnt his first time. I told him I wanted his boss to ring me and explain what he will do about it no call so I rang them I was told not to ring again that they didnt care.

so boardsies how can I make them care.:mad:
    ps will upload video to youtube later.

Ive highlighted the important parts of your post, OP. Are you sure you want to bring some kind of hardship on a large outfit, with a large number of people, who know where you live?

Will it be worth it? If your single, go for it but if youve got a family in that house with you then I would really reconsider. The law is as crooked as it is straight and theres one of you, and what, 50+ of them?

See the problem is tey attempted to dump because i caught them as they were about to spill the first bag out of the van they didnt actually dump so no action can be taken by the council. every week we get hit with tons of rubbish being dumped its an isolated street in dublin more like a country lane.

Ive highlighted the important parts of your post, OP. Are you sure you want to bring some kind of hardship on a large outfit, with a large number of people, who know where you live?

Will it be worth it? If your single, go for it but if youve got a family in that house with you then I would really reconsider. The law is as crooked as it is straight and theres one of you, and what, 50+ of them?

Im single and angry and know where to find them too oh did I mention armed to the teeth :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Bobby The Builder

As the title says I caught a guy in a van from a big chain of polish shops

Those damn polish shops.... always going around shining things up :( How dare they !!!

Not like those Polish shops at all

You can't get hit with defamation if they actually ARE breaking the law right?

Presumably if you have proof of the act, it's just reporting the event

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

As much as I despise them with every fibre of my being; maybe give the story to the daily mail? They'll whip up a **** storm for certain

They will just blame immigration

See the problem is tey attempted to dump because i caught them as they were about to spill the first bag out of the van they didnt actually dump so no action can be taken by the council. every week we get hit with tons of rubbish being dumped its an isolated street in dublin more like a country lane.

Then I would suggest gathering numbers. One man will do nothing against a crowd who seem like they hold a similar regard for the law to another ethnic minority I could mention.. Hold a meeting and organise some kind of minor area alert where at least some people are keeping an eye or ear out. But be warned, you may well be met with a lack of Care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Contact your your nearest farmer for a loan of a "Muck Spreader " roll up to your nearest chain shop and let rip with a load of liquid **** ,

Then post the video on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Make with the video already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

So for this Muckspreader gadget OP why not pay a visit to Farming & Forestry Forum and PM some boardsie there whose posts look reasonable - I've posted in Farming and Forestry myself, they do actually talk sensibly to townie folk too.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

They will just blame immigration

And the E.U.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I can't make head nor tail of the thread title.

Lapin wrote: »
    I can't make head nor tail of the thread title.
    It needs a punctuation mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Should have kept this private. Made copies of video footage and blackmailed. Too late now, you could have gotten free Polish goods for life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Should have kept this private. Made copies of video footage and blackmailed. Too late now, you could have gotten free Polish goods for life.

You can get swans down along the canal brah.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Stick a copy of the video in a package with a note saying (a grand and this gets burned and nobody needs to hear about it) into their letterbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Dump a load of rubbish outside one if their shops late at night and leave a note for them.

Take a dump outside one of their shops at night and leave a note for them!!

Find out were he lives, go to the house and seduce his wife, talk her into divorcing him, then marry her yourself. Once married try for kids. Once the kid is born, take a photo and upload it to facebook. Then most importantly tag him in the photo. Simple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

Nothing will happen.

You could call some people, leave a message, sit on hold, fill out some paperwork. Whatever.

The business owners are saving lots of money doing this. They have an interest here. You don't. How much of your time are you going to waste on it? They *might* (but probably won't) get fined. But you won't see any of that money.

How good is the quality on the CCTV footage? The business owner will say he had no knowledge of it and, of course, that is not the company policy. They'll say, 'Who was the driver' and he'll give over the name of some Polish guy that, it just so happens, has left the country. But sure, sure, the guy that did it....he was working alone and you can't be held responsible for someone else's actions.

If you go after them yourself, you are far more likely to get caught and actually get in trouble. Presumably you live a non-criminal life which means you have plenty to lose and little experience breaking laws. You could do something, but....

1.) It won't benefit you. It might trivially annoying the business owner, but eh...
    2.) Nothing you can/are willing to do is going to change this guys attitude.

So really, there isn't much point.

• Advertisement

Unfortunatly that is the reality apart from some bad press the only good thing is they wont be back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

caught a company trying to dump revenge ideas needed

Caught a company. Trying to dump. Revenge ideas needed.

Caught a company trying to dump revenge! Ideas needed.

Caught - a company trying to dump. Revenge? Ideas needed.

Caught, a company trying. To dump revenge? Ideas needed!

Sky King wrote: »
    Caught a company. Trying to dump. Revenge ideas needed.

Caught a company trying to dump revenge! Ideas needed.

Caught - a company trying to dump. Revenge? Ideas needed.

Caught, a company trying. To dump revenge? Ideas needed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Report them to the litter warden and then send a copy of the video to the local press.

Any upload of video yet?

where is the video OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

All this talk of videos makes me want to see the video!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

OP do you have any evidence of this event?...............

Like a video or something....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Is there.a large chain of Polish shops in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

video

• Advertisement
Advertisement