Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Form/Join Limerick Based Band

Options
  • 19-01-2014 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Male (24) Bassist, Limerick UL area. Looking to form/join alternative/indie band, open to suggestions. Varied musical influences. Live & Studio experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DarraghCorrigan

Hey,

I play guitar, based in Raheen. Very interested in meeting up for a jam/ forming a band, mainly for the enjoyment rather than with a view to making money (no interest really in cover slots in pubs).
    Would be interested in anything from high energy rock like Arctic Monkeys, The Strypes, Biffy Clyro etc. to more chilled out indie/folk like Iron and Wine, Bon Iver.
    Several years gigging and recording experience with a band back in Dublin.
    Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 5 oconnoradrian

Hey Darragh,

Sounds good man, same as myself then, the pub cover band scene just isn't for me. Has to be original, has to me new (apologies classic rock)! Yeah man Biffy, Bon Iver & Iron & Wine would be big influences of mine, with others including Arcade Fire, Band of Horses, Black Keys, City & Colour, Death Cab for Cutie, Elbow, Frightened Rabbit, James Vincent McMorrow, The National... agh you get the idea! So if that sounds like something you would be into then hopefully we can get the attention of a few more folks on here and start something. In the mean time I would up for meeting up, having a bit of a jam and get the ball rolling.

Adrian

Yep, sounds good to me. I'll see if I can rustle anyone up over here that might interested as well.

Anyone else looking at this thread - Drummer, singer still required.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 niclauralucy

Any interest in possible gigging?? I'm a female singer (20) not much experience with live band gigging but lots of experience with solo singing on stage, so well used to performing. Would like to get into experiencing some gigging with a band, covers or originals , not for money but just the experience and all that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 oconnoradrian

Heya, yup gigging would be the plan alright. Hopefully if things were to gel, it would take some time to "find our sound" as they say, through writing songs. Are you as much as a songwriter as you are a singer?

• Advertisement

Should we organise a time to get together and have a jam?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Urban Outfit

Hi, not sure if you will receive this message as last post is from 2014... Anyway - I am based in Newcastle West, playing guitar, bass and drums. If you still looking for a band member, please let me know. I am into shoegaze/ dream-pop / noise / indie. I can also play synths if needed. Also I am writing my own lyrics and music, I am against playing covers, I really want to do originals. Hopefully you will find this post and will PM me ;)
    Telephone: <SNIP> (dots were needed because of stupis boards rules) - (Number removed Due the boards rules)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 solidcrew

pm sent

Advertisement