Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wellies

• 08-12-2013 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hello lads

What's peoples preferred make of wellies for around the farm? Gotta say I quite like Nora's, v comfortable,, good grip/tread on them, seem to mould to your feet as you wear them. Also easy to wash out if need be. Only drawback is no steel toecap:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭jersey101

huwboy wrote: »
    Hello lads

What's peoples preferred make of wellies for around the farm? Gotta say I quite like Nora's, v comfortable,, good grip/tread on them, seem to mould to your feet as you wear them. Also easy to wash out if need be. Only drawback is no steel toecap:mad:

father got aigles with neoprem lining in them. Best boots i have ever seen by far. Ye wouldn't need a sock in them there that nice. Onlybproblem in the 160e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭agriman27

I like the purofort I think there called. Very light and last a long time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Had a pair of Noras, until a stray bit of fence wire holed them. Sole wasn't the best for grip I thought, also could do with a big cushion insole.

Have Bekina Steplites at the moment, getting along OK with them, grip still isn't the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭huwboy

jersey101 wrote: »
    father got aigles with neoprem lining in them. Best boots i have ever seen by far. Ye wouldn't need a sock in them there that nice. Onlybproblem in the 160e

160e, that's not cheap for a pair of boots! last pair of nora's i got would have been about 35e, last me about a year i reckon

Had a pair of Noras, until a stray bit of fence wire holed them. Sole wasn't the best for grip I thought, also could do with a big cushion insole.

Have Bekina Steplites at the moment, getting along OK with them, grip still isn't the best.

yeah i've ripped a pair of nora's climing over a fence

• Advertisement

160e, that's not cheap for a pair of boots! last pair of nora's i got would have been about 35e, last me about a year i reckon

they last 4-5 years though. They have brilliant grip. He had a pair of puroforts before them and was slipping the whole time

averaged over 4-5 years the cost per year is about the same as mine then

yeah i've ripped a pair of nora's climing over a fence

The Puroforts aren't much cop either when it comes to holes, swing of a sheep deck sliced mine right open. The soles wear quickly too.

The Puroforts aren't much cop either when it comes to holes, swing of a sheep deck sliced mine right open. The soles wear quickly too.

yeah had puroforts myself as well, at least you have a steel toe with those. you can bust a pair of wellies just as eaisly if they are cheap or expensive, rip them on something or put a fork through them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭agriman27

Yeah they mightn't be as tough as they were when they first came out. The last pair I bought seem soft enough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

I wear Aigle Paracours. Serious boot. I think they're €120 or so a pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Pair of Rigger boots. €35 on sale a few years back, just need to be replaced now. Lovely and warm too with the woolen lining.

Bizzum wrote: »
    I wear Aigle Paracours. Serious boot. I think they're €120 or so a pair.

Serious boot indeed, think i will stick to the noras though. a lot of dairy lads seem to like the noras around here (wales)

I have a new pair of Aigles here that I haven't taken outta the box yet, I still wear my old ones that were got around 2006, maybe earlier.
    I've Aigle waders I bought in 2008 and they're still perfect.
    When you're in boots all day you need good footwear.
    Good boots and a good bed, if you're not in one you're in the other!

Damo810 wrote: »
    Pair of Rigger boots. €35 on sale a few years back, just need to be replaced now. Lovely and warm too with the woolen lining.

Can't beat them for warmth, trouble is if lining gets wet then that's a real pain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Have purofort here, good boot but easily punctured , only wear them when dealing with stock, looking for a good waterproof boot at the minute , soles disintegrated on the last few pairs of ecco boots so won't be going there

looking for a good waterproof boot at the minute , soles disintegrated on the last few pairs of ecco boots so won't be going there

Is it a leather boot you're after?

soles disintegrated on the last few pairs of ecco boots so won't be going there

Used to wear them years ago, utter junk. Brought a pair back to the shop one time, only had them a couple of months. Told they were for walking in dry countries :rolleyes:

Meindls if you want boots, expensive though, and require attention and care to keep them right.

Meindls if you want boots, expensive though, and require attention and care to keep them right.

I was gonna mention Meindl too. I've a couple of pair. The Meindl Burma Pro is a great boot as is the Makalu. Not cheap €200+ but some boot.
    I will say I had one pair that the soles didn't last in and I wasn't too impressed!

I was gonna mention Meindl too. I've a couple of pair. The Meindl Burma Pro is a great boot as is the Makalu. Not cheap €200+ but some boot.
    I will say I had one pair that the soles didn't last in and I wasn't too impressed!

Think you can have them sent back to the factory, if you write a letter bitching enough about it I'd say there'd be a freebie in store.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I use Noras too OP, paying 55e for them, where do you get them for 35?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    I use Noras too OP, paying 55e for them, where do you get them for 35?

That's steep. i'm over in Wales and the nora dolomites are about £30, so around 35e in a farm supply store

Think you can have them sent back to the factory, if you write a letter bitching enough about it I'd say there'd be a freebie in store.

I fully intend. But paperwork is not my strong point, but I will...... Soon.

I fully intend. But paperwork is not my strong point, but I will...... Soon.

Anyday now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Sharpshooter82

use bekinas myself, great yokes

use bekinas myself, great yokes

never had a pair, do they have steel toe caps?

never had a pair, do they have steel toe caps?
    yeah and they have a great sole on them,might not be great for chasing cattle but they are the thermolite ones and keep the toes nice and warm :D

yeah and they have a great sole on them,might not be great for chasing cattle but they are the thermolite ones and keep the toes nice and warm :D

Thanks for the pic! Hell of a sole on those bad boys! few more months and my noras will be down to slicks i reckon.

Thanks for the pic! Hell of a sole on those bad boys! few more months and my noras will be down to slicks i reckon.
    sole makes a great job of them, jumped of a trailer onto concrete shortly after i got them and barely felt it, they were called moon boots for a while by the FIL tho :D

• Advertisement

sole makes a great job of them, jumped of a trailer onto concrete shortly after i got them and barely felt it, they were called moon boots for a while by the FIL tho :D

yeah they call the dunlop thermos 'moonboots' as well

yeah they call the dunlop thermos 'moonboots' as well
    try driving with them for the first time :o

Sentry duty was never the same since hey :D

Sentry duty was never the same since hey :D
    dis like walking on cushions :D

try driving with them for the first time :o

yeah i can imagine that would take a bit of getting used to!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭john p mc g

Herself buying me a pair for xmas anyone have hunter or the ones connacht agri are selling.doing green cert at the moment the last farm visit me toes nearly fell off me with the old dunlops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Herself buying me a pair for xmas anyone have hunter or the ones connacht agri are selling.doing green cert at the moment the last farm visit me toes nearly fell off me with the old dunlops

Be careful if she's buying you hunters as the Hello Kitty pink ones are very popular

The hunters are well known for spliting at the heal after a while

Be careful if she's buying you hunters as the Hello Kitty pink ones are very popular
    but they sooooooo pretty :p

ive red hair they might suit

The basic Hunter is overpriced for what ya get in my humble opinion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Can't beat them for warmth, trouble is if lining gets wet then that's a real pain!

Aye, the only downside to them is how low they are, nothing a pair of overalls won't sort. Wouldn't feel right standing in cow muck with €160 wellies..

The basic Hunter is overpriced for what ya get in my humble opinion!

Whats your preference

Whats your preference

Aigle Paracours. Read this thread from the start, there's a couple of recommendations there.

Damo810 wrote: »
    Aye, the only downside to them is how low they are, nothing a pair of overalls won't sort. Wouldn't feel right standing in cow muck with €160 wellies..

no riggers are fine for certain jobs, but they are low. agree with you re standing in the slurry in expensive wellies, wouldn't feel right

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭malibu4u

Good boots and a good bed, if you're not in one you're in the other!

ye can say that again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

I bought a pair lately Baudou I think about 50yoyo's quite comfortable and warm enough put on the Dunlop Purforts and there were way more comfortable and easier to wear will see how I get on with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭feartuath

I am using Aigle , the neoprene lined ones very expensive at 150 euro but I have them 4 years but the soles are showing their age now.2 bad ankles and a dodgy knee so I have to use the ones with best support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Bekina Agrilite's. Seem nice so far, warm on the toe's anyway. No steel toe-cap. 50 euro. Nice "nib" at the back of the heel to help pulling them off your foot.
    Replacing a pair of Dunlop Purofort, had them 2 1/2 years, got a cut in one of them just at the ankle, or would still be wearing them.

Bought a pair of Hunter Classic's once, horrible boots. Freeze your feet off, and you'd break your neck in the parlour. Positively dangerous. Good enough for strutting around in at the local Show, though.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Bekina Agrilite's. Seem nice so far, warm on the toe's anyway. No steel toe-cap. 50 euro. Nice "nib" at the back of the heel to help pulling them off your foot.
    Replacing a pair of Dunlop Purofort, had them 2 1/2 years, got a cut in one of them just at the ankle, or would still be wearing them.

Bought a pair of Hunter Classic's once, horrible boots. Freeze your feet off, and you'd break your neck in the parlour. Positively dangerous. Good enough for strutting around in at the local Show, though.
    Thats about it IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭buffalobilly

Dunlop thermo plus here good warm boot with plenty support could not see me wearing any other boot now not badly priced at €100 euro either should do 2 years no bother

• Advertisement
Advertisement