Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod Touch 4th Gen €149

Options
  • 04-12-2013 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Today's daily deal from Carphone Warehouse...
    iPod Touch 4th gen is €149 (32GB) and €199 (64GB). I know there is a newer model but this fits the bill for kids.
    (it's hard to get this elsewhere and I imagine that stocks are limited but not a bad offer).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Do you have a link for this please? Tried their (crap) website and there is nothing coming up for ipods. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

Fiolina wrote: »
    Do you have a link for this please? Tried their (crap) website and there is nothing coming up for ipods. Thanks

It's an instore only offer

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

Sorry, page 9 of today's Metro Herald has the offer

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Local store is quoting me 199 for 32gb :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Richer Sounds have an offer on the Itouch 4 16GB for £99/€125 but not sure how many are left see here for more info http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057086197/1

• Advertisement

jspuds wrote: »
    Richer Sounds have an offer on the Itouch 4 16GB for £99/€125 but not sure how many are left see here for more info http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057086197/1

Great thanks will check there its for a 6 yr old so the 16gb would be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

I rang a few shops and these are almost sold out eveywhere. There is one left in omni, 64g for €199 if anyone is near there. Too far for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Just to let you know the 4th Generation cannot run ios7.

I'm sure most people do not care but it may be a deal breaker for some.

Would a child need ios7 ? All it will do is play a few games like candy crush/furby ap etc

• Registered Users Posts: 40 shanebrk

• Advertisement

hearny wrote: »
    Just to let you know the 4th Generation cannot run ios7.

For a kid I think I'd rather have a 4th gen with a rear camera for €149 rather than a 5th gen with no rear camera for an additional €100 or so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

deisediva wrote: »
    Would a child need ios7 ? All it will do is play a few games like candy crush/furby ap etc

Dec4 wrote: »
    For a kid I think I'd rather have a 4th gen with a rear camera for €149 rather than a 5th gen with no rear camera for an additional €100 or so...

The issue is many games will require IOS7. Even where a developer simply updates something minor, it often then requires the new OS to run.

Yes Apple has allowed old devices to download an old version of an app where its available but there's no easy way to find these apps. But I think devices without IOS7 support will very shortly find the app library shrinking quite fast.

Also the older Touch 4 is like iPhone 4, its single core. Its getting a bit slower for some games. Fine for music though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

The CPW offer is on tomorrow as well.
    page.jpg
    Higher-quality PDF here.

beauf wrote: »
    The issue is many games will require IOS7. Even where a developer simply updates something minor, it often then requires the new OS to run.

Yes Apple has allowed old devices to download an old version of an app where its available but there's no easy way to find these apps. But I think devices without IOS7 support will very shortly find the app library shrinking quite fast.

beauf - Your points are well made - just some of the many reasons I would avoid buying Apple (unless of course I'm over-ruled by the bosses!)

beauf - Your points are well made - just some of the many reasons I would avoid buying Apple (unless of course I'm over-ruled by the bosses!)

In fairness Apple kept support for some of their products a lot longer than some other manufacturers. Samsung are especially bad for dropping their lesser models off the Android updates particularly quickly. With Apple your not tied to the phone networks. O2 were woeful for updates on many phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

same issue occurs with Android, and Android devices are far less likely to receive updated software (and I'm someone who uses an Android phone).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 Burrow_Ursidae

That's a great deal.
    It can even be used as a phone in wifi areas with Viber and Skype

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Yes they are amazing, I use mine with skype,, viber and free web texting and handy in Tesco and Macdonalds free wifi :)

I think the points to balance the cost of the device with how long it will be supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cs2

Bought 64g in Midleton
    Very pleased
    Thank you

• Advertisement
Advertisement