Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First month with Vodafone's 4G... *Faints*

Options
  • 22-11-2013 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭

["4G", but it's really just 3G still - beats the other mobile broadbands still though in terms of consistency]

Trialed it from the 16th Oct - 21st Oct.

Was pretty happy with it, went ahead with subscription [18 months...].

Was having some curious issue with the Wifi device so I sent it in for repairs on the 12th Nov, and got it back yesterday, the 21st Nov.

Tried to connect on it, was getting a "Limited Service" message on the device's display - i.e. No connection.

Called CS, apparently I went over the cap. Alright... odd, wouldn't think they'd cut me off like that, asked how much have I gone over the cap...

Person didn't say the usage, but told me the amount I owe.

I owe 12,000 EUROS...

Yeah, you read that right - according to them I owe TWELVE THOUSAND EUROS!!

Seriously, WTF ??

On 25th Oct alone I apparently owe 7,000 Euros.

How the hell is this even possible ?? That'd mean that I've downloaded 400GB's within the span of 2 weeks... most of it within 4 days from registering!!

I was previously on a 70GB cap with Ripplecom and I have NEVER exceeded that amount, and having to downgrade to a 20GB I was very careful with my usage, i.e. - I never used it for watching Movies and bandwidth hogging stuff as such... all I've done was update Windows and downloaded some games/updates for my new computer - totaling roughly around 16GB or so!

The R212 Wifi Hotspot device's screen displayed that I was on 21.7GB before I sent it in for repairs... I know as hell that I only exceeded my usage a bit...

Damn CS won't help me beyond repetitively telling me to wait for my Bill...

One thing I've noticed... The SIM Card's Mobile Number, on the card it came with and what's shown in the Vodafone Wifi browser hub settings thing, is different to what's on my bill - would this be an issue?

Also myself having gone overcapped within 4 days of registering it's possible my usage from the trial wasn't reset... then again, this is 233+GB used in that day alone which is simply NOT possible, given that my download rate wasn't even that good [3800+kb/s over a solid 24 hours ? Fastest I've had it was 900kb/s]...

Something seriously dodgy here...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Vodafone Performance 4G 20 GB 12 months €29.99

It's a little crazy to think that 4g is quick enough to exceed the 20 GB limit in under an hour....that's your monthly limit in under an hour. (I've downloaded files at 7.5 megabytes per second with the new 4g dongle from Vodafone).

It seems the mobile operators really don't want people downloading on their 3g / 4g networks or streaming.... They only want people to lightly browse the web. Sure we could do that with 3g.

If your bill comes in at something extortionate. I would contact them about some sort of deal. If they won’t deal with you go to the media about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

This is simply crazy. How can they let customers even run up a bill like this without contacting you? Was looking at my dads Vodafone mobile bill last weekend and all I could tell him is to switch providers, ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

This is hilarious. 12 Grand, bloody nora.

I cant imagine that VF would actually look for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Wow that's scary. Something not right. Hopefully it sorts itself out for you.
    I really hate mobile phones
    *cuddles 10 year old Nokia*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

This is madness.. 12 grand for broadband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Is it exactly €12,000? I would have thought you would end up paying so much per Megabyte. Odd that it would be an even rounded number.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Something does not add up there. I mean you would need an army to download under the one account. All companies have a cut off point too, where if you go over by X% you get cut off. They would not simply let you download constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Been sorted.

All technical errors on their end, i.e. - Usage wasn't reset from trial, and the calculations were well off as I "only" exceeded by 15GB [that is I've done 35GB in total without the usage reset...].

So I've been sent a new card [which I just got], and my bill's been waived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Sparko

I would have expected that they would have a facility in place to monitor exceptional cases - presumably there aren't many accounts with monthly balances exceeding 10k so you'd like to imagine they could have pre-empted this problem, obviously not! Glad to hear you got it sorted in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

LOL 12 grand , yeah no bother there mister customer service person, Hod on till i whip out my Gold Card

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Here's a scan of the bill:

LINK

Clearly shows it wasn't reset after Trial, and I'm being charged €0.9 per MB... serious errors on their end! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Here's a scan of the bill:

LINK

Clearly shows it wasn't reset after Trial, and I'm being charged €0.9 per MB... serious errors on their end! :p

you seriously need to frame that :)

Advertisement