Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got arrested last night!

Options
  • 26-10-2013 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

So i was out for a few drinks last night and to cut a long story short I got cuffed and locked up for an hour or three.

I wasn't charged and the Garda dealing with me was sound for a Guard.
    He told me I will not have a conviction, but I asked him will my name be in the Garda system and he said yes but dont worry as he said nearly everybody's names are in it even his when he was stopped while driving.

I feel like crap, I feel dirty, I feel like I really let myself down as I've never had any dealings like this with the Garda ever before.

I asked will this affect me going to the USA in the future and he said no.

Has anybody ever gone through something like this and what were your feelings about it.

Nobody was hurt bar me in this incident and no property was taken or damaged.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

So nothing happened ...

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

stop being such a girly man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Your going to be ask anyway "what did you do?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭dmc17

"what did you do?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

were did u pee lol

• Advertisement

dmc17 wrote: »
    "what did you do?"

Great minds think alike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

What a pointless thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

you're havin the fear, the garda said you are just in the system, not a big deal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭cml387

Was "Mr Peepee" on display?

Don't worry op. There but for the grace of god etc. etc.

In a year's time it'll all be a big laugh.

Bet hes never though of going to USA until last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Trev De rev

did u streak?:eek::eek: if so people would have been hurt that saw u do it. cover up man:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

robertxxx wrote: »
    So i was out for a few drinks last night and to cut a long story short I got cuffed and locked up for an hour or three.

He told me I will not have a conviction, but I asked him will my name be in the Garda system and he said yes but dont worry as he said nearly everybody's names are in it even his when he was stopped while driving.

I feel like crap, I feel dirty, I feel like I really let myself down as I've never had any dealings like this with the Garda ever before.

Has anybody ever gone through something like this and what were your feelings about it.

That's not cutting a long story short, that's skpping over a core detail of why you were arrested, which is what is on everyone's mind reading the thread. Spill the beans, or you should be arrested again for wasting the publics time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭dmc17

Just because they say they're 18 doesn't actually mean.........................

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭hansfrei

Spent three hours in jail. Had four showers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Bet hes never though of going to USA until last night.

There before, but with new baby now the next trip won't be for a good few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

The NSA know everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Did a guy named Buba violate your anus during your traumatic time in the slammer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Sounds like a breach of the peace offence. They put you in a cell to "sleep it off", hopefully lesson learnt for you so hold your drink in future :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

You won't get a conviction cos the judge will apply (probably) the probabtion act and you'll have to cough up a afew hundred quid to a charity.

You think you were let off? expect a summons in the door.
    put your name in the system , like a good lad ? get the fcuk

The garda is only being sound cos he doesn't want the grief of you crying on front of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 sparesandwich

You're a disgrace. It's people like you who ruin public urination for the rest of us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

You're a disgrace. It's people like you who ruin public urination for the rest of us.

Great first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

what is this 'system' you talk of?
    will your name come up if someone with same surname as you comes up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Great first post.

shouting abuse at a phone box is more your thing I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

what is this 'system' you talk of?
    will your name come up if someone with same surname as you comes up?

Why do you want to know that? Dont tell him op!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

God be with the days when a guard confiscated your cans, gave you a boot in the ass and told you to get home to your house before he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

... so the cops knew internal affairs were setting them up?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 sparesandwich

shouting abuse at a phone box is more your thing I think.

I'll have you know some of my best friends are phone boxes.

A great buncha lads, always a few shillins to spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Trev De rev

I can get u off any charages that may arise from this awful thing you done. Just give me 500 big ones and i can make it go away. no one need never know:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

So who did you piss on off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Great first post.

Your first post of this thread was terrible as you won't unveil the reason why you were placed into temporary incarceration.

Can you please reveal this detail, hopefully this message will be reinforced to you by the Mods.

We must discover this detail at all costs.

Advertisement