Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jumble Sale for Cancer - Shoes, Road & MTB

Options
  • 09-10-2013 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

As I can no longer cycle due to my cancer, I want to sell off as much as possible of my cycling stuff and split the proceeds 50/50 between The Irish Cancer Society and The Irish Hospice Foundation. For this reason I would prefer payment to go via a fund raising page on mycharity.ie

I live in Glenageary and stuff can be collected from my house, or alternatively my wife may be able to meet in the Merrion Sq area, or deliver Southside. Postage is also possible but not included in prices

Shimano MT 32 SPD Size 44 €20
    fSy54zk.jpg
    Larger Image

Shimano MT 71 Size 46 Goretex with Vibram Sole €50
    D76kH2O.jpg
    Larger Image

Scott Road Pro Size 44 Black Gloss with SPD-SL Cleats €60
    YlEq5jC.jpg
    Larger Image

Sidi Genius 5 Pro Mega (extra wide fitting ) Size 44 complete with Sidi comfort insole and Shimano SPD-SL cleats. Never Worn. €125
    N8rEecY.jpg
    Larger Image

Thanks for looking,

Padraig

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

Bump - surely someone is interested in brand new Sidi shoes? €190 new in Cyclesuperstore and with free cleats and insoles as well?

Just because its for charity don't be embarrassed about making a genuine offer less than asking.

Thanks,

Padraig

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Dazzler16

Hi Padraig,
    I offer €100 for the Sidi shoes. I work in city center can meet tomorrow with cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Dazzler16

offer withdraw just noticed they are too big for me sorry

Just pimping these again as surely somebody must be interested.

The Scott shoes are in excellent condition and the Sidis were only worn once to try on and fit cleats and the sole is unmarked.

LPB

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'll offer asking for the Sidis

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    I'll offer asking for the Sidis

Thanks Beasty,

I'll accept as the forum rules stipulate but with reluctance, only because of your previous extraordinary generosity. You really are a star!

Thanks yet again,

LPB

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bmcgill

Hi, are the scott shoes the same fitting as a shimano 44 more or less. If so, I'll offer asking and arrange collection over the weekend.

bmcgill wrote: »
    Hi, are the scott shoes the same fitting as a shimano 44 more or less. If so, I'll offer asking and arrange collection over the weekend.

I think so. I've never had a Shimano road shoe but I take a 44 in Shimano MTB but you're welcome to try them on. PM on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭slideshow bob

Padraig, I'd like to offer asking on Shimano MT 32 SPD if you still have them for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 PHILI007

Can I take it that the SIDI's are sold? Please advise.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

PHILI007 wrote: »
    Can I take it that the SIDI's are sold? Please advise.
    I can confirm they are sold, delivered and fit nicely ...

Padraig, I'd like to offer asking on Shimano MT 32 SPD if you still have them for sale.

Both MTB shoes are still for sale and I'll send you details by PM.

Thanks for the interest,

Padraig

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭slideshow bob

Both MTB shoes are still for sale and I'll send you details by PM.

Thanks for the interest,

Padraig

Received today with many thanks.

Received today with many thanks.

Thanks for turning up promptly and I hope the shoes fit as well as Beasty's :)

Anyone out there for the remaining Shimano MT 71 Size 46 Goretex with Vibram Sole now reduced to €40?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Hi Padraig!

I may be interested - are they worn a lot? Its hard to judge from the original picture.

Also, I've read Shimano MTB sizing is rather on the small side. I wear normal shoes in size 45 or 46, do you think they will be large enough?

Alek wrote: »
    Hi Padraig!

I may be interested - are they worn a lot? Its hard to judge from the original picture.

Also, I've read Shimano MTB sizing is rather on the small side. I wear normal shoes in size 45 or 46, do you think they will be large enough?

Not that worn at all. Here are two better photos so you can judge.

Photo1

Photo2

As for sizing, I'm fairly consistently a 44 in ordinary shoes, road shoes, and Shimano MTB so I'm not sure how valid the comment is. These are a 46 because I wanted extra room for winter socks / sealskins etc. The shop didn't have a 45 so I went for a 46. Are you near to Glenageary so you could come and try them on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I've made some more research and it seems that in case of Shimano shoes I'd be better off with 47 or even 48, for the same reason as yours - I want some warm and comfy socks to fit inside as well :)

Thanks anyway, Padraig!

Only item left now is

Shimano MT 71 Size 46 Goretex with Vibram Sole was €50 now reduced to €40
    D76kH2O.jpg
    Larger Image

Advertisement