Bolting down cow mats - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-09-2013, 12:45   #1
mickmac1

Bolting down cow mats

just took up all cubicle mats to give the shed a good wash. the mats had been held down with flat bar and a bolt which had all rotted over the years. was going to bolt down again using a similar system but worried will i be able to take up the mats next year or will the bolts be rotten again.

dont really c the point washing the shed if the mats are not removed as a lot of muck seems to get under them.

would it b an option to just place the mats down with out bolting them. would they stay in position?
Advertisement
25-09-2013, 12:52   #2
Viewtodiefor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmac1 View Post
just took up all cubicle mats to give the shed a good wash. the mats had been held down with flat bar and a bolt which had all rotted over the years. was going to bolt down again using a similar system but worried will i be able to take up the mats next year or will the bolts be rotten again.

dont really c the point washing the shed if the mats are not removed as a lot of muck seems to get under them.

would it b an option to just place the mats down with out bolting them. would they stay in position?

No they won't stay in position will slip out in to passage , had some like this disaster. Being honest we have never taken the bolted ones up when washing just gave whole hours a real good wash with a powerful washer every year and not much problems,
25-09-2013, 13:00   #3
moy83
Closed Account

I used the 110mm drywall fixings a couple of years ago and they havent rotted yet . Just put two in each mat at the top and you can keep them lifted from the other end if you want to hose out under them .
25-09-2013, 13:13   #4
Injuryprone

I ran a 3x2 across the heads of them last year and secured it with 3 rawlscrews per 20' length. A couple came loose during the winter but on the whole I was well happy. Very quick to put down and cheap

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion