Madness & Ryan Sheridan - NYE Dublin - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-09-2013, 23:08   #1
Furious-Red

Madness & Ryan Sheridan - NYE Dublin

We are delighted to announce that Three Ireland are the official sponsor of this year's Three NYE Dublin Festival! With headliners Madness and Ryan Sheridan Music ringing in the New Year, it's going to be an unforgettable night! Tickets go on sale on Thurday 26th of September online at www.nyedublin.ie and in selected Three stores! Tickets priced at €25.00 (+€2.50 booking fee).
Advertisement
18-09-2013, 18:37   #2
skaface

YEP,should be a good night.. The Strypes are on the bill as well i think
18-09-2013, 20:02   #3
Furious-Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaface View Post
YEP,should be a good night.. The Strypes are on the bill as well i think
Oh really? Thats a serious line up so
19-09-2013, 00:36   #4
C.K Dexter Haven

Madness for 25 is good
19-09-2013, 00:37   #5
MonkstownHoop

Ah The Strypes, good because people say so........
Thanks from:
Advertisement
27-09-2013, 12:25   #6
skaface

Does anyone know what the Capacity is for this concert, thinking of getting a few tickets for this.. bad time of year to try to get accomodation in the big smoke without getting fleeced though
14-11-2013, 13:11   #7
Furious-Red

More acts announced for Countdown Concert!

MKS (Mutya, Keisha and Siobhan- the founding members of Sugabaes), hot new act The Strypes and YouTube darlings Seo Linn will join seminal ska band Madness and Ryan Sheridan on stage at the Countdown Concert, in the heart of Dublin city centre on 31st December.

Enjoy stunning 3D Projections on Trinity College as Dublin counts down to midnight. RTÉ will broadcast the event live to homes all over Ireland and across the world.

Anyone been to this before? Whats the deal with drink etc
15-11-2013, 11:41   #8
Uaru
Closed Account

I see Heineken are a sponsor so I'd assume there will be beer sold.
16-11-2013, 04:48   #9
The Dom
Closed Account

Love Madness but a good percentage of the crowd they draw at the best of times tend to be of a certain temperament that doesn't exactly lend itself to a relaxed atmosphere.

I would imagine it being NYE won't exactly help that - hope I'm wrong but I just think it's one step beyond.
Advertisement
17-11-2013, 22:25   #10
skaface

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dom View Post
Love Madness but a good percentage of the crowd they draw at the best of times tend to be of a certain temperament that doesn't exactly lend itself to a relaxed atmosphere.

I would imagine it being NYE won't exactly help that - hope I'm wrong but I just think it's one step beyond.
It wont be the crowd that Madness "draw" that will be the problem in Dublin on Nye.
I take it that you haven't seen Madness live before.. I on the other hand have seen them live over a dozen times over the years and never had any problems.
(2) thanks from:
25-12-2013, 21:37   #11
skaface

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaface View Post
It wont be the crowd that Madness "draw" that will be the problem in Dublin on Nye.
I take it that you haven't seen Madness live before.. I on the other hand have seen them live over a dozen times over the years and never had any problems.
Wasn't planning on going to this.. Got a nice surprise from the OH this morning.. 2 tkts for the gig and hotel booked for the night!!
26-12-2013, 17:42   #12
Duff

Send a message via MSN to Duff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious-Red View Post
More acts announced for Countdown Concert!

MKS (Mutya, Keisha and Siobhan- the founding members of Sugabaes), hot new act The Strypes and YouTube darlings Seo Linn will join seminal ska band Madness and Ryan Sheridan on stage at the Countdown Concert, in the heart of Dublin city centre on 31st December.

Enjoy stunning 3D Projections on Trinity College as Dublin counts down to midnight. RTÉ will broadcast the event live to homes all over Ireland and across the world.

Anyone been to this before? Whats the deal with drink etc
Was at this last year. Everyone just has drink on them on the street. Good craic.
(2) thanks from:
26-12-2013, 18:54   #13
Furious-Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
Was at this last year. Everyone just has drink on them on the street. Good craic.
Were they selling drink in the area where the band plays? if so what was the price and what were they selling
27-12-2013, 14:33   #14
Celtic Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious-Red View Post
Were they selling drink in the area where the band plays? if so what was the price and what were they selling
There was a beer tent setup all right where you could get your plastic cup of piss I didnt use it at all last year so I cant remember the prices / beers. Heineken anyway. Not sure whether to go again this year. I did have fun before but the sound was dire. Madness will be great craic though id say.
Thanks from:
27-12-2013, 23:45   #15
nm

Is there re-entry allowed?

Would be interested in catching The Strypes, then hitting the pub for a few hours skipping Ryan Sheridan and MKS, and back in for Madness
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion