Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evan Murphy - Local Election Candidate for Cork City North-West in 2014

Options
  • 10-09-2013 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello all,

What does everybody think of this candidate?

http://www.evanmurphycork.com/

Is it some sort of a joke or serious?

Burkey

(Sorry for the duplicate post in the 'South' section but I don't know how to delete posts and a mod hasn't moved it at my request.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

The lime green background on your site is quite striking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Hi Evan - Welcome to Boards

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Lime green background. The FAQ has red writing that's near impossible to read. Some spelling and grammar errors. The picture needs to be replaced with one with a neutral t-shirt or top (I thought the one in the picture said 'f*ck' at first). Very restrictive views on abortion.

However, I applaud his/your effort and I wish him/you well. I'd strongly advise getting some help with the website though, because it's awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Burkey200

For the record, I am not the candidate. I will likely be out of the country for the elections so I was doing some homework. I was browsing here when I came across the Facebook page and then found the site through Google.

The bit that upsets me the most is:
    Why Should You Vote For An Independent? Isn't That A Wasted Vote?

If I thought that Independents were a wasted vote, I wouldn't be wasting yours and my time in the harsh Irish weather trying to make a difference. I wouldn't have taken out a crippling loan to do this on my own and I certainly wouldn't be putting my family and loved ones through the hard road ahead for which they have tirelessly egged me on, and pushed me forward.

Is the whole site a joke or is it actually the candidate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I don't understand why you think it is not actually the candidate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Burkey200

I don't understand why you think it is not actually the candidate.

1. The website
    2. The lack of any sort of coherent argument
    3. The level of English / Grammar
    4. Using the fact that he took out a "crippling loan" to signify how serious he is about the election. (He certainly didn't use the money on the site!)
    5. The fact that he openly admits to being a drag queen. That should not be a deterrent but it may be for others.

I guess it could be genuine but from a very ambitious candidate. I guess I'll find out at the ballot box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Burkey200 wrote: »
    Hello all,

What does everybody think of this candidate?

http://www.evanmurphycork.com/

Is it some sort of a joke or serious?

Burkey

(Sorry for the duplicate post in the 'South' section but I don't know how to delete posts and a mod hasn't moved it at my request.)

Once he offically runs in an upcoming election he'l be serious.

Theres been a few that have contested elections in Cork using youtube or their personal website to publicise their campaign without resorting to posters on telegraph/esb poles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Burkey200 wrote: »
    1. The website
    2. The lack of any sort of coherent argument
    3. The level of English / Grammar
    4. Using the fact that he took out a "crippling loan" to signify how serious he is about the election. (He certainly didn't use the money on the site!)
    5. The fact that he openly admits to being a drag queen. That should not be a deterrent but it may be for others.

I guess it could be genuine but from a very ambitious candidate. I guess I'll find out at the ballot box.

He has put up a site n ow who are you? You needed to create this identity to post about him - 5 posts - all about him. What's your story?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

He has "Go raibh maith agat" as one of the only Irish phrases on his website. Definitely a real attempt, given the cursory show of Irish.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for new and young candidates, but it reads like a Mitt Romney campaign with a grasp of English that leaves something to be desired.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Wants to be in politics ... Therefore he should not be allowed into politics.

• Advertisement
Advertisement