Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ssf and bumbleance ... ****UPDATED SEPT 2014****!!

Options
  • 06-09-2013 11:57am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

this is the project I couldnt talk about before.
    Irelands first childrens ambulance was launched today called the Bumbleance. SSF paid for the fit out of the entertainment systems inside... so when you hear about it today on the news, be proud of AH...
    Pic is attached and if you look closely enough I think you will see a logo you recognise :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Its odd to say but I hope its never used.

Big well done to all involved though!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭miggins

Brilliant! This is why I love boards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

that's brilliant!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Congrats to everyone who organised this and everyone who contributed. This is a fantastic end result.

• Advertisement

danniemcq wrote: »
    Its odd to say but I hope its never used.

Big well done to all involved though!

I only caught the tail end of the piece this morning on the radio but essentially it was about how regular ambulances have been used to transfer children to their nearest treatment hospital which for some is on the other side of the country. The kids would have to sit in what they described as a "fridge" for their entire journey and could become quite stressed and agitated. This will make their lives a little better and make their trips to hospital a much happier and even fun experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I only caught the tail end of the piece this morning on the radio but essentially it was about how regular ambulances have been used to transfer children to their nearest treatment hospital which for some is on the other side of the country. The kids would have to sit in what they described as a "fridge" for their entire journey and could become quite stressed and agitated. This will make their lives a little better and make their trips to hospital a much happier and even fun experience.

I can only imagine the horror that an already scared child would be going through never mind being in a "fridge". This should be an improvment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Your nudity paid for most of that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

That's brilliant. Well done to everyone!

Have you got any more pictures? They might also appreciate them over on the Emergency Services vehicle gallery thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Faith in humanity rekindled. :)

Always, always count on Whoopsydaisydoodles' tits to make the world a better place. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Great idea and well done to all involved. Was listening to the guy on the radio this morning too about his experiences when his only wee girl (RIP) had to travel across country for treatment. So anything that can make it easier for sick kids can only be applauded.

Any more pics, would love to see what it looks like inside?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

DeVore wrote: »
    this is the project I couldnt talk about before.
    Irelands first childrens ambulance was launched today called the Bumbleance.

I just heard about that on the news!
    That's fantastic Tom. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Fantastic. Heard about it on the news today.

Like many others I only played a small part in SSF but I'm proud I did for such a great cause

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Elbaston

ffs wtfs ssf
    rsvp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Now let's give someone a house..................

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Happy to have contributed in a very small way to this

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Should have a "paid for with bewbs" notice on the back.

Cool and worthy cause, anything that makes a kids hospital trip less scary is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

G'wan the strike force, striking children since x years ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Between helping a stripper through college and this, I'm starting to think my paying for nudity is really having a positive impact on society.

Great idea though for the use of the funds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭tosspot15

Hi Dev, is this a HSE ambulance? Is it for patient transfers only? Where will it be based?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Well done! Brilliant to hear Boards.ie were involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

DeVore wrote: »
    Pic is attached and if you look closely enough I think you will see a logo you recognise :)

I recognised the Mercedes Benz and PlayStation ones; couldn't identify the others though.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The inside of the ambulance can be seen here. http://www.bumbleance.com/ambulance/
    We donated the entertainment equipment (Playstation, iPads etc) and the decorations inside.

http://www.bumbleance.com/ambulance/

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Earthhorse wrote: »
    I recognised the Mercedes Benz and PlayStation ones; couldn't identify the others though.
    right in the middle of the 5 logos down towards the bottom is the SSF logo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Absolutely fantastic job guys! Well done to all involved.

...but Bumbulance? Not an opportunity for Whambulance? With Kerblaaaam!!! style graphics :D

tosspot15 wrote: »
    Hi Dev, is this a HSE ambulance? Is it for patient transfers only? Where will it be based?
    This is not a HSE ambulance but the Saorise Foundation are working in conjunction with the HSE as I understand it. The world of ambulance regulations is incredibly complex for probably very good reasons, so the hold up this year was making sure the Bumbleance passed all those regs etc.
    The unfortunate thing is that it wont be countrywide, we'd need a fleet of them. The good news is that there are plans for more next year and much bigger plans too.
    Initially this one will be focused on acute/rare diseases/conditions, I didnt get into how they will determine the qualifying criteria but Tony from Bee4Battens is heading up this drive and the man is a legend imho. I have 100% confidence in him and his team to make it work as hard as it can for as many as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

http://www.bumbleance.com/our-vision/
    Our vision is to provide improved and professional medical transportation services for long-term sick and seriously disabled children, who require professional ambulance transportation. We will transport children in a fun environment from the far reaches of Ireland, both urban and rural, to their treatment centres.

http://www.bumbleance.com/ambulance/
    BUMBLEance is the most modern children’s ambulance service on the planet and it is the world’s first interactive ambulance specifically designed for children, with the capacity to operate the latest medical equipment and inter hospital communication systems.

Safety is our first priority and the BUMBLEance chassis is the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 519 which is fitted with a 190 horsepower engine. The Sprinter also boasts the class leading safety system of Advanced Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) which makes it extremely safe for operators and passengers alike.

BUMBLEance is also fitted with an Acetech system, which is a state-of-the-art control, monitoring and tracking system incorporating real-time remote diagnostic and reporting capability.

Custom-designed for the Emergency Services market, Acetech integrates seamlessly with the OEM vehicle networks and vehicle conversion electronics to capture all aspects of vehicle operational data and bring it directly to the desktops of fleet managers and service managers wherever they are in the world.

A live map shows vehicle location, speed and current operational status in real time. A suite of purpose-designed reports provides detailed historical information and analysis on every aspect of the vehicle’s dynamic and static performance.

Within the vehicle, the latest mobile internet and Wi-Fi connectivity supports online productivity tools for crew and authorised personnel, as well as facilitating the real-time transfer of data from on-board medical equipment to remote servers.

Not only is BUMBLEance fitted with the most modern medical and inter hospital communication systems it is also the world’s first interactive ambulance, specifically designed for children. This ambulance comes complete with a Contrrol 4 Automation system along with a Dune media player and 2 TB network storage drive which can all be controlled via a smartphone or tablet app. BUMBLEance also features a 19 inch Panasonic TV , PS3 and Ipad mini as well as a NUBI Tablet. Control4 enhances the user experience with an entertainment system by making all these electronic components and systems you already use on a daily basis work together, seamlessly…

hopefully it will mean less stress for kids which will improve thier health.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Absolutely fantastic use of SSf money. Proud to contribute to causes such as this :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Brilliant. Well done Tom and to everyone who contributed.

Advertisement