Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

karma in action

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Good enough for him

Pretty bad article though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

Brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Least he wont be too "popular" in the prison showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

bluewolf wrote: »
    Good enough for him

Pretty bad article though

No surprise really - its an awful right wing rag

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-23935768

Talk about poetic justice. He may well not get it - transmission from women to men is less than the other way around but serves him right if he does turn out to have it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

Karma is a bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

He knew was ill but did not know she had HIV and collapsed when police told him, Liverpool Crown Court heard.

The poor thing.

Do him rightly the scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Ha

Good enough for the prick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Ha Ha!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Even if he doesn't get HIV , I hope he has a long wait to find out. ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAA.... *sips coffee* HAHAHAHAHAHAAaaaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

People really don't understand karma

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭MonaPizza

Can't say I find any of this funny in the slightest. Yes the guy seems to be a bit of a loser and a degenerate and most likely has mental problems from his history of substance abuse. The fact that he got off his tree and raped a woman in inexcusable and he belongs in custody. He quite obviously knew the woman. Was she a substance abuser also and a regular "shag" of his? I don't know. Maybe he thought he could just go and ride her as he pleased. Either way it's not really that amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Ray Palmer wrote: »

Do you find it puzzling when people say things like: I was run off my feet or his shot was a mile wide?

Do you find it puzzling when people say things like: I was run off my feet or his shot was a mile wide?
    No. People claiming something is an illustration of karma that isn't an illustration of karma has nothing to do with that. You might as well claim pop music is the blues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

No. People claiming something is an illustration of karma that isn't an illustration of karma has nothing to do with that. You might as well claim pop music is the blues

So, you don't regard karma as in any rightful way meaning 'you reap what you sow' or 'what comes around goes around'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

So, you don't regard karma as in any rightful way meaning 'you reap what you sow' or 'what comes around goes around'?

It's more " you come and go, come and go", as the fella said.

It is with the requirement of death and reincarnation. To claim anything else is wrong. You might as well refer to Christ wafers and wonder why it is seen as offensive or inaccurate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

She (his barister) said that he started using cannabis at the age of nine, drinking heavily at the age of 11, addicted to ecstasy and cocaine at 13 and was put in care the following year.

Nine!!

He was f0cked since Jump Street.

Sad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

No pity for him but not so sure is appropriate to cheer about a rapist contracting HIV. He wont be locked up for very long....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Yeah, Boy George thought it was a lizard.

A chameleon to be precise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭conorhal

It's only hillarious intil his next victim, and then it becomes really tragic.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Systemic Risk

The way it is used in general speech and the way it seems to be understood by the majority on this thread (and the majority of people I have met) is pretty much if you do bad things bad things will happen to you.

Now granted Buddhists will probably say it involves reincarnation and the deeds of past your past existences influencing your destiny or path in current/future incarnations but I would hazard a guess to say that many don't follow Buddhist teaching here.

Therefore, I think not being pedantic and maybe stop pretending that you don't know the common usage of the word karma may be a better course of action than trying to act all superior and worldly.

Therefore, I think not being pedantic and maybe stop pretending that you don't know the common usage of the word karma may be a better course of action than trying to act all superior and worldly.

Or people could try not to insult another culture in a casual way and think it is acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Or people could try not to insult another culture in a casual way and think it is acceptable.

Or people could realise that not everything is a slur and that words in common usage often have more than one meaning.

1 (Hinduism, Buddhism) the principle of retributive justice determining a person's state of life and the state of his reincarnations as the effect of his past deeds

2 (theosophy) the doctrine of inevitable consequence

3 destiny or fate

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mr.McLovin

maybe some would be rapist may think twice before acting after reading this story, somehow I doubt it though.

Or people could realise that not everything is a slur and that words in common usage often have more than one meaning.
    Indian giver also has a definition still doesn't mean it is not offensive. A definition and understanding does not make something OK that would be a retarded view. Get it!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

Guy might get more than he bargained for....:eek:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rapist-discovers-victim-had-hiv-110612503.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Threads merged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

Muise... wrote: »
    It's more " you come and go, come and go", as the fella said.

swings and roundabouts, swings and roundabouts.

Advertisement