Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nationwide list of Veterinary surgeries open for business on bank hols

Options
  • 16-08-2013 9:05pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Recently, a poster was looking for a vet open on the past August Bank Holiday weekend.
    As this seems to pop up regularly, this might be a good opportunity to start a list of vet practices around the country which routinely open on bank holidays: some open for an hour or two, and there are no emergency call-out expenses attached as a result.

From that thread, we have a few for starters:
    O'Scanaill's in Swords.
    Lissenhall in Swords.
    Anicare in Clontarf.

I can also add
    Raheny Veterinary Hospital (Pat Keating)

Can others post what they know about vets around the country? It could be very useful for somebody someday!
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

DBB wrote: »
    Hi all,
    This thread is slightly old, in that the OP was looking for a vet open on the past August Bank Holiday weekend.
    However, this might be a good opportunity to include a list of vet practices around the country which routinely open on bank holidays: some open for an hour or two, and there are no emergency call-out expenses attached as a result.

So, we have a few above:
    O'Scanaill's in Swords.
    Lissenhall in Swords.
    Anicare in Clontarf.

I can also add
    Raheny Veterinary Hospital (Pat Keating)

Can others post what they know about vets around the country? It could be very useful for somebody someday!
    :)

Anicare Glasnevin aka Botanic Veterniary Hospital open on a BH too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Moy Vets in Ballina always have someone on call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

None open in Limerick that I'm aware of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Treaty vets in Limerick and Shannon have an emergency vet number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

All the Limerick vets do too, but I think the point of the thread here is to pick out which ones are open for business as usual on bank holiday Mondays?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

boomerang wrote: »
    All the Limerick vets do too, but I think the point of the thread here is to pick out which ones are open for business as usual on bank holiday Mondays?

Yes, that's right, thanks boomerang ;-). I think vets are obliged to provide some sort of emergency cover out of hours, but what I'm looking for here is vets who are actually open for business on bank hols. Some practices open for an hour or two, as if it was a "normal" day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Why don't you 'sticky' this?

That's the plan, was just waiting to see what sort of info we could get beforehand ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

A permanent link to this thread has been added here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70051402&postcount=2

Please folks, keep adding to this list!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Rips

Rips wrote: »

Hi Rips,
    Thanks for those, but I can't see for certain whether the Athlone practice is open on bank holidays. Can you confirm personally yay or nay?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Rips

DBB wrote: »
    Hi Rips,
    Thanks for those, but I can't see for certain whether the Athlone practice is open on bank holidays. Can you confirm personally yay or nay?
    Thanks!

Yes

9 - 5pm but call ahead for appointments.

(on normal days they have a walk in clinic)

They also always have a vet on call.

Also, just incase it is helpful to this thread;

The VCI website has a list of registered premises, which divides veterinary premises into 3 sections, and any of those classified as a 'hospital' are obliged to provide a 24hr round the clock service. However the link is not working at the moment.

It would be unusual for a premises with hospital status to charge emergency fees, with the exception of late evenings/nights (after 7/8pm) and Sundays so that list might be a good place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Vet Clinic at the DSPCA:
    http://www.vethospital.ie/

Note this is a separate public clinic run by the DSPCA, it's not the actual clinic in the shelter.

Advertisement