Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run with Catherina Cavan Town Oct 20th 2013

Options
  • 26-07-2013 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Cavan town will be hosting the inaugural RunwithCatherina 5k road race 12 midday on the 20th October 2013 to celebrate the achievements of Olympian, Marathon Champion and 4 times World Cross Country Silver Medallist Catherina McKiernan.
    The inaugural runwithCatherina 5kroad race has great cash prizes for the top 3 men & women (1st place 300euro) , master categ
    ories and team prizes (details here). It is International Rules weekend with the first match to be held in Cavan Town and there will be a special prize for the first Australian over the line!! Registration & Bag drop area will be on Farnham Road in front of the Cavan Courthouse and Cavan Sports Partnership are planning a 'taste of Cavan' food expo on the grounds of the courthouse.
    There is ample parking in the vicinity with toilet facilities at the race start.

Every online entry will get a tech Tshirt, chip timing, a text to their moble after the race with their time. Refreshments including water, tea, coffee, and biscuits will be provided.
    AAI Permit applied for and Course will be AAI measured. Entry fees are 12 euro for Senior/Masters and 6 euro for all age groups under 20. Enter online via race website www.runwithcatherina.ie or through www.runireland.ie (search for events in Cavan)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Signed up - looks like a nice course too.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Duzzie

Looks interesting, might have to give this a go. Might be my chance to get revenge for Catherina for pipping me at the line at the Castle Saunderson run earlier this summer. Is half the course considered being pipped at the line??

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Annalee Athletics Club

Duzzie wrote: »
    Looks interesting, might have to give this a go. Might be my chance to get revenge for Catherina for pipping me at the line at the Castle Saunderson run earlier this summer. Is half the course considered being pipped at the line??

:)
    This will be a much flatter route and should make for a fast course.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Running Fool

Sounds good - always great to have soem races at home (cavan). Any plans for another half marathon in Sept? There was on last year I think.

Sounds good - always great to have soem races at home (cavan). Any plans for another half marathon in Sept? There was on last year I think.

Think that was a CF Fundraiser. I don't know if they are doing another one this year. I saw one of their posters for a 'Cuilcagh challenge' in September.

• Advertisement

5k Course officially measured and AAI certified. Thanks Tom

Condolences to Catherina and to all the McKiernan family on the death of her father, John McKiernan, last week

Great Day-despite the showers (nonstop pouring rain!) and a bit of a breeze (windy)! Over 700 runners. Catherina showed that class is permanent with a runaway win in the ladies race, winning the John McKiernan Cup while Paddy Hamilton of Annadale was a strong overall winner of the Annalee AC Perpetual Trophy in 15:09s. Thanks to all who took part and a huge thank you to all the volunteers.

Run with Catherina Cavan Town October 20th 2013- for full category results www.runwithcatherina.ie

SENIOR MEN
    1 Paddy Hamilton, Annadale 15:09
    2 Robbie Matthews, Dunshaughlin AC 15:40
    3 Conan McCaughey, Enniskillen RC 15:41

SENIOR LADIES
    1 Catherina McKiernan, 17:20
    2 Pauline Curley 17:48
    3 Teresa Duffy 19:05

Teams-Men
    1 Annalee AC
    2 Bailieboro AC
    3 Laragh AC