Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Budget 2k max

Options
  • 16-07-2013 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

I am just finishing up some studies and have never bought myself a present, as a reward I want to get myself a good, grown up watch and my budget is 2k euro. Something for all occasions and preferably will keep its value if I want to pass it on to my son (if I have one).

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

try and browse the 2 giant threads here to see what watches others have.
    See if you can see anything you like.
    Then come back here and let us know, and we'll help you find something perfect.

there's too many choices and opinions on what's nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

Spend some time on e.g Amazon-> Men's watches - as |Micro says, come back to us with some ideas of what you like.

I will offer 2 points of note:

- If you want to be able to pass the watch on, then go for a hand-wound, or an automatic

- Do not look at 'fashion' brand i.e. a watch with a fashion label on it. Omega don't make jeans, so why should a fashion brand put their name on a watch?

Go for a 'watch' brand - anything from Seiko, Omega, Tag, Stowa (my own favourites) - you may struggle to find a Rolex or an Omega for €2K - fancy a trip to the USA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Posters in here have all sorts of tastes so once you post some pics then there will be a few on hand to advise you.
    I deffo agree with the comment above about getting something from a well established brand. Also, when buying a watch for the long term you should think long term, ie go for a classic look rather than something blingy or trendy.
    Finally it should have a solid pure metal case so it can be polished and repolished over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭fishguy

My first question would be new or second hand. As you can get way better bang for buck deals on nice second hand examples.

Advertisement