Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever been on a blind date

• 22-06-2013 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭

Never been on one myself

Have you..if so diaster or not

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

You have a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

john_cappa wrote: »
    You have a PM.

That one flew over my head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Yep twice. First one set up by a mutual friend.

Only got really awkward when he started showing me pictures of his ex-girlfriend on Facebook.

And then asking me how to win her back.

Safe to say I never saw him again.

Second one, again by a mutual friend. He went quite defensive after he found out what I was studying (surprisingly, some girls actually find Astrophysics interesting).

Got told by the friend several days later that I was "too smart for him". Apparently Business students don't like to be shown up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

No im too shallow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Just once. Didn't work out. Her dog kept getting in the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

No have 20/20 vision.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Orim wrote: »
    Just once. Didn't work out. Her dog kept getting in the way.

Comedy gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

I know a girl who went on a blind date her friend set up. The fellas mother worked as a waitress in the restaurant they met and joined them for dessert after she finished her shift. Im sure it was great fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

Augmerson wrote: »
    Comedy gold.

I was on a date once where a dog kept joining in for a 3-way kiss, it was very funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

No, I'm not blind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

My vision is 20/20.
    Blind dates seem strange. There would be alot of spilled drinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Specialun wrote: »
    Never been on one myself

Have you..if so diaster or not

We live in a world were internet dating is popular. So I reckon there's a few who have :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Went for a blind date once and eventually the conversation got round to me asking 'so what are you looking for in a man'?

She says..

'I'm looking for a man who's sensitive yet strong willed, romantic, fit, adventurous, worldly, poetic, wealthy, a good cook, relaxed, handsome, good in bed, tall and strong'..

I paused for a few seconds looked into her eyes and said...

'I'll help you find him'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Plenty of 'em. My first blind date was my debs, which was set up by my friends. I wasn't supposed to find the girl attractive apparently, just shows how well they thought they knew me.

They chose a girl that THEY wouldn't be attracted to, turned out to be one of the best nights of my life, while there were many break-ups and tears that night, myself and this girl had a great laugh!

Also due to a previous occupation there were many, many evenings I went on blind dates, wouldn't have a bad word to say about those either, always had great fun, well, most of the time anyway, sometimes I got pushed fairly far outside my comfort zone, but those were the best "dates"! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Blind date as in a person you never met or set up by a friend. Technically yes. Debs date nothing more. Just friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

bscm wrote: »
    Yep twice. First one set up by a mutual friend.

Only got really awkward when he started showing me pictures of his ex-girlfriend on Facebook.

And then asking me how to win her back.

Safe to say I never saw him again.

Second one, again by a mutual friend. He went quite defensive after he found out what I was studying (surprisingly, some girls actually find Astrophysics interesting).

Got told by the friend several days later that I was "too smart for him". Apparently Business students don't like to be shown up.

Did you help a brother out with getting his woman back?

Advertisement