Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Niamh's Study Log - LC 2014

Options
  • 16-06-2013 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm Niamh :)
    starting to worry about the LC big time!! :eek:
    I've done a bit of work in 5th year, but I missed 4 weeks straight due to an accident, so that screwed it up for me quite a bit since I never really caught up with things :pac:
    I'd really love to do veterinary in UCD but I am being realistic, I know my chances of getting 585 (and it'll probably go up) are slim and none :P
    However, I'm gonna give it a go anyway!!
    I'm making this study log hoping it'll motivate me to actually do a bit over the summer; I wouldn't want to disappoint the readers!! (If any) ;)

Anyhoo my subjects are as follows:

Spanish
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics
    Applied Maths

and of course the holy trinity
    (all higher so far)

Right, I'm starting tomorrow!! (my typical procrastinating self)
    Wish me luck! :pac:

btw, aiming for A1s in Bio, Chem, Physics, Maths, Applied Maths
    (although I'm not doing too great in maths at the moment so that might be a bit optimistic) and just to do the best I can in Irish, I usually get in the 80's but I'm not too bad at the oral so I'm hopeful haha :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭RedSeven7

So I haven't done an awful lot since monday but here's what I did:

Monday: Wrote up physics sound 1 experiment
    Tuesday: Nothing
    Wednesday: Wrote up physics sound 2 & 3 experiments
    Today: Bought stationery in Easons :)

Done nothing! :(

BUT I've arranged to meet up with a couple of friends tomorrow to study chemistry... too cool :pac:

^ Well that didn't happen. Ha.

I don't care anymore I'll start in September and I'm going to the gaelteacht in 3 weeks so that'll do. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

:p this is exactly why I didn't start a study log over the summer cause I knew it would end up like this ^^

At least you tried though;):p

:D

Haha yep, looks like you have more sense :P
    I'll work hard in september, I swear :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I absolutely love the train of thought in this log!

Enjoy your Summer. :)

haha thanks, you too! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

All I had to do was one subject, just Applied Maths(I have to teach myself)

And even that didn't happen :pac:

Screw it, I'll start in September too

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    All I had to do was one subject, just Applied Maths(I have to teach myself)

And even that didn't happen :pac:

Haha, sure you've still time! You might get a sudden burst of motivation :pac:

Would you consider getting a grinds teacher or going to a class next year? I know they can be expensive though :/

~ ~

I'm a bit motivated to study today because I got me a new laptop ^_^
    However, I'm comfortable here on my bed, so after Home and Away I might clean my room and sit down at my desk... Might :P

In case a miracle happens, here's my to-do list:

-Write up biology and chemistry and physics experiments into hardbacks (or is this a complete waste of time??)

-Applied Maths: learn projectiles proofs

-English: Read "Observe the Sons of Ulster Marching towards the Somme" :(

-Spanish: Learn 2nd roleplay

-Maths: Go over everything because I got 68% in the summer test :cool:

-Irish: Pack for the gaelteacht!! Going on Saturday, yeehaaa! :D

RedSeven7 wrote: »
    Haha, sure you've still time! You might get a sudden burst of motivation :pac:

Would you consider getting a grinds teacher or going to a class next year? I know they can be expensive though :/

Yeah maybe but I'm still waiting for it :P

I think I might have to consider going to the Institute for grinds next year. I think they have classes where they cover the course in 1 year.

• Advertisement

Yeah I heard they cover the entire course in 5th year (in all subjects) and then just do it again in 6th... so you could take either the 5th or 6th year one? Or can you go for just the one subject?

Don't like the Institute anyway, it's too snobby! :P

RedSeven7 wrote: »
    Yeah I heard they cover the entire course in 5th year (in all subjects) and then just do it again in 6th... so you could take either the 5th or 6th year one? Or can you go for just the one subject?

Don't like the Institute anyway, it's too snobby! :P

Shhhh!! There's a few Institute students lurkin around here :p

Yeah I'll have to look into it, haven't really got too many options.

wellll tá mé ar ais ó Choláiste Uí Chadhain......... :(

Best 3 weeks of my SAOL wish I could stay there go deo!

Ach i ndáirire....

I learned soo much Gaeilge, The Coláiste was very VERY strict with "Rial na Gaeilge" if you spoke one full sentence as Béarla you were sent home! But it was great because there were 30 of us going into 6th year and a lot going into 5th year as well so everyone really made a great effort, the only time I spoke Béarla was on the phone to my parents. We were only allowed the phones for 10 minutes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday!!

The classes in the morning were iontach because we were all going into 6th year so it was very focused on the Ardteist :P We did a lot of work on na sraith pictiúirí and díospóireacht/aiste... and we got notes on them ^_^

We were put into teams for the díospóireacht and we did a good few of them in the classes. They were taken very seriously and everyone voted for the winning team and "Cainteoir is Fearr". Then the "Craobh" (with the final two teams) was in front of the entire coláiste on the last day.

Coláiste Uí Chadhain was the best experience of my life, it's absolutely brilliant for your irish but also for the craic!! I'd recommend it to everybody (I'm sending my brother and sister there next year) and I only wish I went there every year since 1st year!!

Because my irish has improved so much, I now don't feel guilty in the slightest for neglecting every other subject i rith an tsamhraidh seo :D
    Gan amhras, is é An Ghaeilge an t-ábhar is fearr!!

... Is mise Niamh agus sin é mo chuid díospóireacht! :)

Oh another buntáiste...

During the 3 weeks in the gaelteacht I didn't watch tv once, and now I've decided not to go back to watching the soaps (Home & Away, Corrie and Fair City- Cringe :o haha) because I know I'll revolve my study timetable around them.

ACH TÁ MÉ SAOR ANOIS :pac:

First full day back!!

Obair Bhaile:
    -Spáinnis: Comprehension (thank you google translate :P)
    -Mata: Questions on Binomial Trials
    -Ceimic: Reading first few pages of chapter on "Reactions in Organic Chemistry"
    Questions on what I'd read

Didn't do any extra study on top of that but I did my maths and chemistry homework well :pac:

Well I have completely failed in tracking my study ... I'll post some class test results so I can compare them to others later in the year:

Spanish grammar - 100
    Maths Algebra Revision - 100
    Maths Indices Revision - 85
    Spanish Roleplay 2 - 94
    Biology Genetic Engineering - 87

More class test results:

Maths Logs Revision - 100
    Organic Chemistry - 77
    Physics Chapters 2 and 3 Revision - 91

Maths Study:
    Today I spend a good hour studying differentiation so I'm up to speed with that :)
    And I just finished studying Co-ordinate geometry of the line for a revision test on Monday

Advertisement