Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmpp app

Options
  • 19-05-2013 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭

Right so with gtalk gone, I'm in need of a decent xmpp app for android. Any recommendations? Xabber seems to look alright.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bassybekx

c_man wrote: »
    Right so with gtalk gone, I'm in need of a decent xmpp app for android. Any recommendations? Xabber seems to look alright.

Gtalk is gone? Not on mine

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

GTalk is now called "Hangouts"

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bassybekx

I'm sorry if I'm wrong guys but on jelly bean android gtalk is still there is has your Google apps been updated to the latest version because I know 4-5 months ago there was a batch released with no talk but the quickly fixed it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

bassybekx wrote: »
    I'm sorry if I'm wrong guys but on jelly bean android gtalk is still there is has your Google apps been updated to the latest version because I know 4-5 months ago there was a batch released with no talk but the quickly fixed it

at Google I/O this year they replaced Gtalk with Hangouts.
    Try updating yours through the Play Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Hangouts is working the same way Gtalk did for me...

• Advertisement

Yes but they dropped the Xmpp standard which is why OP is looking for a new app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

bedlam wrote: »
    Gibberbot, which has OTR support and will allow end to end encrypted chat sessions with any client that supports OTR

Thanks, will try it out.

Advertisement