Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
26-04-2013, 11:48   #1
Bawnmore
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Galway
Posts: 502
TEDx Dublin

I think this is the right place for this. TEDx comes to Dublin on September 14th this year with 15 speakers discussing topics around science, architecture and art, among others.

Speakers here - http://www.tedxdublin.com/speakers/

Tickets are out today, and at an early bird rate of €20. I've picked up 2. Something different if anyone is stuck for something to do in 5 months time
Bawnmore is offline  
Advertisement
26-04-2013, 15:31   #2
irishguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Dublin
Posts: 2,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawnmore View Post
I think this is the right place for this. TEDx comes to Dublin on September 14th this year with 15 speakers discussing topics around science, architecture and art, among others.

Speakers here - http://www.tedxdublin.com/speakers/

Tickets are out today, and at an early bird rate of €20. I've picked up 2. Something different if anyone is stuck for something to do in 5 months time
Are these the speakers for 2013?
irishguy is offline  
29-04-2013, 15:44   #3
steviecakes
Registered User
 
steviecakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,682
No, that seems to be a link to details of last year's conference. Couldn't find any info myself on this year's event. Picked up 2 tickets anyway, bound to be interesting!
steviecakes is offline  
29-04-2013, 15:47   #4
Orim
Registered User
 
Orim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Crowded Downtown
Posts: 4,671
Can't see the site in work.

Do you buy the tickets from the website or is it somewhere else?
Orim is offline  
29-04-2013, 17:00   #5
steviecakes
Registered User
 
steviecakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orim View Post
Can't see the site in work.

Do you buy the tickets from the website or is it somewhere else?
Ticketmaster.
steviecakes is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-05-2013, 09:21   #6
Bawnmore
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Galway
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviecakes View Post
No, that seems to be a link to details of last year's conference. Couldn't find any info myself on this year's event. Picked up 2 tickets anyway, bound to be interesting!
Good spot - I had just assumed they were the speakers for this year. Should definitely be interesting in any case.
Bawnmore is offline  
15-06-2013, 19:46   #7
bleg
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,535
Went last year. It was awful. Most definitely won't be going back.

Listening to an artist ****e on about how great her own work is (she wanted to design a golden submarine and put a human heart inside it and hang it from the ceiling for some cathedral - I **** you not), a few very very mediocre speakers, some absolutely ****e band that obviously had links to the organisers coupled with one or two genuinely interesting speakers. It lasted for about 6 hours as well.

It really reminded me of the Science Gallery. You think it's going to be cool and interesting but it's just crappy art dressed up in some sham shroud of science. Not surprising as it is run in collaboration with the Gallery. Avoid.
bleg is offline  
23-06-2013, 09:33   #8
steviecakes
Registered User
 
steviecakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleg View Post
Went last year. It was awful. Most definitely won't be going back.

Listening to an artist ****e on about how great her own work is (she wanted to design a golden submarine and put a human heart inside it and hang it from the ceiling for some cathedral - I **** you not), a few very very mediocre speakers, some absolutely ****e band that obviously had links to the organisers coupled with one or two genuinely interesting speakers. It lasted for about 6 hours as well.

It really reminded me of the Science Gallery. You think it's going to be cool and interesting but it's just crappy art dressed up in some sham shroud of science. Not surprising as it is run in collaboration with the Gallery. Avoid.
That sounds disappointing. I already have tickets so gonna go anyway. Hopefully it will be better than that!
steviecakes is offline  
12-08-2013, 13:13   #9
Bagheera_123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1
Any spare tickets for TEDx Dublin Sept 14?

Hi - I'm looking for one ticket for this event. If anyone can help me out I'd be very grateful!
Bagheera_123 is offline  
Advertisement
12-08-2013, 13:16   #10
luketitz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 355
I too would love a ticket if there's any spare ones going. Thanks
luketitz is offline  
12-08-2013, 13:36   #11
Bawnmore
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Galway
Posts: 502
Some of the line-up for this year if anyone's interested.

http://www.tedxdublin.com/2013-speakers/
Bawnmore is offline  
Thanks from:
16-08-2013, 10:41   #12
clarife
Registered User
 
clarife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2
Looking for two tickets for this if anyone has any spare, have been keeping an eye out months & still managed to miss it
clarife is offline  
19-08-2013, 13:15   #13
JPROD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 15
I could do with a couple too if anyone knows where to get any.

I emailed the Bord Gais a couple of weeks ago seeing if I could get them there and they said there were a couple left and directed me to ticketmaster but I had already tried there and couldn't get any..
JPROD is offline  
28-08-2013, 15:21   #14
daviddotshaw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2
I could do with a couple of tickets too if anyone can help.
daviddotshaw is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet