Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8" dual core with ips - ibood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

it isn't IPS screen

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Brian De Tazzzie

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

from Dutch forum:

EXpert: it is HD panel, same pixel as IPS. But not IPS panel.

User:@Notebook-Expert Website of Nextbook says it is an IPS screen. Is this version different from the European version ? Wat is the EXACT type/article number ? http://www.nextbookusa.com/productdetail.php?product_id=15

Expert: just the screen different only, actually we add Bluetooth funciton on this version. not in the USA.

on the bottom of the page:
    http://nl-nl.forum.ibood.com/32876-netbook_8_inch_android_41_dual_core_tablet_met_wifi_bluetooth_en_1024768_hd_scherm/comment-page-2/#comments

use gtranslate to translate to English

• Registered Users Posts: 23 PuppyLove

Looking for a tablet for an 11 year old, mainly for internet and playing games, would this be a good buy please?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭mcw92

PuppyLove wrote: »
    Looking for a tablet for an 11 year old, mainly for internet and playing games, would this be a good buy please?:confused:

Seems a good price, and the spec seems good. Would be fine for internet,music and angry birds and the likes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

PuppyLove wrote: »

For kids, decent battery life is a must - got a 7" tablet from Focalprice (great price @€;55 delivered inc tax) but you only get about 2 hours from a full charge, else have it plugged in all the time. Still my 11 year old is delighted with it....

Maybe check out focalprice.com (warning, could take 3-4 weeks for delivery and you will need to pay customs duty)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 PuppyLove

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

Expert: just the screen different only, actually we add Bluetooth funciton on this version. not in the USA.

on the bottom of the page:
    http://nl-nl.forum.ibood.com/32876-netbook_8_inch_android_41_dual_core_tablet_met_wifi_bluetooth_en_1024768_hd_scherm/comment-page-2/#comments

use gtranslate to translate to English

Yeah, thanks for that, I've just been reading some of the comments on that site there, not too sure if I should cancel, spec apart from IPS seems quite decent for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

IRCA wrote: »
    For kids, decent battery life is a must [...] but you only get about 2 hours from a full charge, else have it plugged in all the time

i don't think any 11 year old should spend more than 2 straight hours with it anyway so it seems even better ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭george67

My nextbook should arrive tomorrow so I will let you know how good it is

• Advertisement

How are you getting on with it george ?
    Mine arrived and it seems pretty decent, web pages render quite quickly, but I gotta say, the screen is a bit of a let down.
    They said it HD - it might be, but its not pretty vivid imo, I would have said that the gamma was out a little on it and you deffo have to view it at a certain angle.

That said, I've dropped a ton on worse things.......
    And the kids like it just fine.

Advertisement