Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peoples Photography Expo 2013

Options
  • 18-04-2013 11:16am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭

It's coming round to that time of year again and time to get your thinking caps on. The end of August will see the 26th annual Peoples Photography Exhibition on Stephen's Green and once again we're looking to see who is interested in taking part from Boards.

I'm not looking for names just yet and this is just a gentle reminder. Now is the time to think about what you might show or maybe get out and take some shots. As usual the exhibition will be the last weekend in August and should cost the same as last year - €20 I think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 phoneranger

Hi.

what is the situation with public liability? must the exhibitors have their own PL?

Phoneranger

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Hi.

what is the situation with public liability? must the exhibitors have their own PL?

Phoneranger

No idea. I've never had it and I've exhibited a few times. I'll find out though. I try not worry about that stuff, just hang me pics up safely and chill!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Wayne Leone

You don't need it but if u injure someone through negligence you could be sued.

Word of warning to all exhibitors. Make sure you don't allow the public to touch your photos. They might get a paper cut and sue you! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭dakar

Any idea when the date might be confirmed? I'm feeling the need to get stuck in again after my break!

• Advertisement

Barring a war it will still be the last weekend in August (UK Bank Holiday weekend) so 24th - 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭SemperFidelis

is it 24th-25th or 31st - 1st?

is it 24th-25th or 31st - 1st?
    Barring a war it will still be the last weekend in August (UK Bank Holiday weekend) so 24th - 25th.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭SemperFidelis

some might say the last weekend is the 31st

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Hi.

Phoneranger

PL is covered by the organisers, this is what your money goes towards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Now that I'm back on the isle I reckon I should participate once more!
    And I even know what topic I'm going to pick and what medium I'm going to shoot with. Deadly buzz.

sNarah wrote: »
    Now that I'm back on the isle I reckon I should participate once more!

Awesomeness in buckets!

And we've just had the dates confirmed - 24th & 25th August so time to get the fingers out and start planning.

As usual Boards.ie will have a block of spaces on the East (sunny) side of the Green so if you want to exhibit as part of this group, please reply with your name in this thread.

Now last year we had lots of people rush in and put their names down only never to be heard of again. Please don't put your name down; 1). unless you intend to exhibit and 2). unless you are prepared to pay up front. I'll have payment details later on and I presume the fee will be the same as usual (€25)

Mise!

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mikka631

Me again for this year please. First time last year and really enjoyed meeting fellow boardsies, great friendly bunch, always willing to lend a hand and God I needed it. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Ah. That wouldn't be an August without spending the last weekend on the green :)

I'm in again...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Count me in please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

I guess you can count me and herself in too!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TTWNF

I'd love to be in this year & look forward to meeting you all in real life :-)

Walked around the green last year and the work was inspirational...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I'd love to do this since I'm now based in Dublin and far easier for me to get involved in an event like this but before I commit, can someone let me know what is needed to take part?

I.e. how much space is there to fill per boardsie, how many prints roughly would you want to have made going into it etc?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

I.e. how much space is there to fill per boardsie, how many prints roughly would you want to have made going into it etc?

Each space is roughly 8' long by 6' high. If you're around the Green anytime take a look - it's the space between the supports on the railings. As to how many photos - well as many or as few as you want. There is no criteria, no vetting, no requirements. It's entirely up to you. Last year I had 52 4 x 6's!

Actually I probably only need half a stand - no way I can fill the whole spaces, heck I've still not taken any of the photo's!

Anyone fancy sharing a spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Ah sure why not! I'll be there with half of Navan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Still don't have enough to exhibit, but I'll be there to say hello as usual :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I'll chance my arm and put my name down for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭picaaf

@pullandbang a.o.

you know my situation at the moment, do you think i could "opt" for a place? just for the time being, until i have a bit more certainty about a definite yes, please? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Why can't someone organise something like this for Galway.

I'll be over start of September for the Ireland vs. Sweden match so probably won't make it over 2 weekends beforehand...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I've never done this before but I think i'd like to exhibit this year. Unless it's the first weekend in September, in which case I'm getting married so won't be there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

swingking wrote: »
    I've never done this before but I think i'd like to exhibit this year. Unless it's the first weekend in September, in which case I'm getting married so won't be there

Good priorities!!! :D Congrats!

• Advertisement

dinneenp wrote: »
    Why can't someone organise something like this for Galway.

There you go Pa, get stuck in and do it yourself. We'd be more than happy to give you some pointers. Give some of us an excuse for a few days is Galway too! #PPG

Advertisement