Buy gear from sportdirect.com - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
16-04-2013, 13:47   #1
stenan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 151
Buy gear from sportdirect.com

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has bought any gear off or bait and what do you think on the prices? I feel alot of it is of similar price to my local shop

http://www.sportsdirect.com/fishing

cause there currently doing 1pound is = to 1 euro and only 1 euro delivery charge to Ireland. I bought other stuff off them there a few weeks ago and it was fine and when I was getting it I threw in this as it was only 12euro.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/dunlop-1...ing-rod-768210

Very happy with it as for a spare rod
stenan is online now  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-04-2013, 13:49   #2
danbrosnan
Registered User
 
danbrosnan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tralee
Posts: 798

Didn't even know they stocked gear will have a look... Thanks...
danbrosnan is offline  
16-04-2013, 14:38   #3
stenan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 151
Let us know what you think. Some things seem to be cheaper. I threw hooks in last time i was ordering aswell as that rod i said but fishing line seems to be expensive.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/maxima-c...ng-line-768148

I not sure but I think its cheaper in my local shop just cant remember the price.

The bait section doesn't look to bad

Well let us know what you think??
stenan is online now  
16-04-2013, 18:45   #4
Srameen
Registered User
 
Srameen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Anywhere the wild wind soothes the heart
Posts: 7,851
Much cheaper than anything available to me locally and postage is great value. I order several items today. Thanks.
Srameen is offline  
17-04-2013, 09:10   #5
MrFrisp
Registered User
 
MrFrisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Overlooking Cork City!
Posts: 1,963
Wow...Fantastic offers...

Are the rods any good? Feeder rods and Carp rods for €10.00-€12.00 .

@Stenan ... I see you say the delivery is €1.00 .. But as I check the site it says €5.00 to Ireland. http://www.sportsdirect.com/Customer...eDeliveryCosts

Either way it's good value...Can anyone confirm if the quality of the gear/rods is any good?
.
MrFrisp is offline  
Advertisement
17-04-2013, 09:16   #6
.red.
Registered User
 
.red.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: langerland
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFrisp View Post
Wow...Fantastic offers...

Are the rods any good? Feeder rods and Carp rods for €10.00-€12.00 .

.
i cant imagine any fishing rod that costs €10 is going to be any good. after profit from the manufacturer, dealer and then the shop its gonna have to be made for about €2-€4.
i had a look thru the site a few weeks ago and a some bits and pieces looked cheap but i decided against buying anything. cheapest isnt always best.
.red. is offline  
(2) thanks from:
17-04-2013, 09:54   #7
Srameen
Registered User
 
Srameen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Anywhere the wild wind soothes the heart
Posts: 7,851
I agree cheapest is not always best but I went for branded items available locally, so I'd know what I'm buying.
The only thing that concerns me is that they use a courier call etail who I have never heard of and the confirmation email says they act on my behalf not that of the seller. Living in a very rural area, I suspect I could be waiting a long time for delivery. We'll see.
Srameen is offline  
(2) thanks from:
17-04-2013, 10:10   #8
SeaFields
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Gone fishin'
Posts: 4,591
Mod: Angling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srameen View Post
I agree cheapest is not always best but I went for branded items available locally, so I'd know what I'm buying.
The only thing that concerns me is that they use a courier call etail who I have never heard of and the confirmation email says they act on my behalf not that of the seller. Living in a very rural area, I suspect I could be waiting a long time for delivery. We'll see.
i bought a big bag of stuff off them recently and had it delivered no bother and id be very rural as well. your man found the house no bother too, pulled into drive one morning while i was having the breakfast.
SeaFields is offline  
Thanks from:
17-04-2013, 10:26   #9
Kettleson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Northwest Coast
Posts: 1,510
Surely the make would be the sensible guide as opposed to price?

If I may be so bold, could anyone recommend me a decent rod and reel selection from Sports Direct if I wanted to start to do some beachcasting?

Thanks
Kettleson is offline  
Advertisement
17-04-2013, 10:36   #10
.red.
Registered User
 
.red.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: langerland
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettleson View Post
Surely the make would be the sensible guide as opposed to price?

If I may be so bold, could anyone recommend me a decent rod and reel selection from Sports Direct if I wanted to start to do some beachcasting?

Thanks
Pick your budget and call to your local tackle shop and talk to them. They will offer advise and a proper return policy that you wont get from sports direct. They will also look after you with places to fish and tell you what haits etc to use. Another option is to buy 2nd hand. You will pick up mid lever gear in good nick for the price of budget gear. This will last longer and will hold value if you want to sell it on.
.red. is offline  
17-04-2013, 10:46   #11
Kettleson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Northwest Coast
Posts: 1,510
@ .red. Thanks for that and taking the time for a full reply. Sound advice. Cheers.
Kettleson is offline  
17-04-2013, 19:41   #12
pnpweirdo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 94
Bar the dunlop stuff it all looks like great stuff to me. It seems to be all the stock that woody's have and a lot more. Its the new matt hayes range and fladen. All at great prices and postage is very cheap. Il definitely be getting a package.
pnpweirdo is online now  
20-04-2013, 19:57   #13
stenan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 151
Order some stuff there again;

1 Dinsmores 10g Gripper Fishing Bomb Green
1 Taktix Fishing Bait Box Set Black
1 Band It Hair Rig Method Links Size 10 Silver
1 Matt H Gbait Fruit 23 Multi -
1 Band It it Hook To Nylon Hair Rig Silver Size 12
1 Silstar Fishing Groundbait Strawberry
1 Maxima Chameleon Fishing Line Brown 12
1 Silstar Fishing Groundbait Krill
1 Taktix Fishing Seat Box Green



I'll let you's know what I think about the gear/bait.



Taktix Fishing Seat Box Green for only 20euro looks great to be honest. Read some good reviews around the web on it too
stenan is online now  
Thanks from:
20-04-2013, 20:50   #14
stenan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFrisp View Post
Wow...Fantastic offers...

Are the rods any good? Feeder rods and Carp rods for €10.00-€12.00 .

@Stenan ... I see you say the delivery is €1.00 .. But as I check the site it says €5.00 to Ireland. http://www.sportsdirect.com/Customer...eDeliveryCosts

Either way it's good value...Can anyone confirm if the quality of the gear/rods is any good?
.
Yea its still 1 euro delivery, when you get to check out that's all you get charged!
stenan is online now  
Thanks from:
26-04-2013, 23:13   #15
mossfort
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by stenan View Post
Order some stuff there again;

1 Dinsmores 10g Gripper Fishing Bomb Green
1 Taktix Fishing Bait Box Set Black
1 Band It Hair Rig Method Links Size 10 Silver
1 Matt H Gbait Fruit 23 Multi -
1 Band It it Hook To Nylon Hair Rig Silver Size 12
1 Silstar Fishing Groundbait Strawberry
1 Maxima Chameleon Fishing Line Brown 12
1 Silstar Fishing Groundbait Krill
1 Taktix Fishing Seat Box Green



I'll let you's know what I think about the gear/bait.



Taktix Fishing Seat Box Green for only 20euro looks great to be honest. Read some good reviews around the web on it too
got the taktix box and a few more bits today , great value for money and only 1 euro delivery delivered by dhl. will be buying more stuff off them.
mossfort is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet