Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Giveaway of the day; Alfa GTV 2.0 TB

• 19-03-2013 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Morning all, no, im not still drunk from the Paddy's day celebrations, no, it's not a scam and no, it's not stolen! :p

Basically I'm giving away a perfectly good 1996 Alfa Romeo GTV with the much sought after 2.0 TB engine (rare model built for the italian market only to combat high road tax there) and designed by pininfarina.

There are just two "smallish" problems;
    1. parts of the engine are inside the car and boot,
    2. its in the canary islands.....

I know, I know, its not something that you can go and pick up on a saturday morning with yer mates trailer, bit more complicated, but hey, it's free and when its driving, its well worth having. 200 + horsepower, on a car thats mostly made of some sort of lightweight fibre thingy, (never rusts!) it's just a dream to drive.

I lived in Spain for over 16 years and 9 of those in the canary islands, I bought the car a few years back as a weekend project or hobby and never really had the time to finish what i started. The main problem was the outlet camshaft, worn, vales clicking as a result and loss of compression etc. it was worn when i bought the car, the reason that i got it cheaper than i should have. I even bought the new ones and they are included.

Basically the car has everything it needs to run, with the exception of a few gaskets etc, just has to be assembled. Its parked on a friends farm, and although its covered, the longer it sits there the worse its going to get. At the moment its in very good, almost perfect condition, inside and out, little bit of laquer peeling from the sun but no dents or scratches. Interior is black leather with Alfa Romeo logo embroidered on the seats. Momo pedals, handbrake and gear shifter, brand new red and black leather Momo steering wheel, (literally still has the tag hanging from it!!).

Im sadly giving her away as I dont have the time or space here in Ireland to tinker around with her, I'm sure that someone would love to have a modern clasic and all for the price of shipping her back.

I have all paperwork here, I will transfer ownership to the new owner, might be a years back tax to be paid in Spain before the transfer could be approved but its only about 90€ for the year or thereabouts.

So thats it, get back to me here and if you want it it's your's!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

*awkward cricket chirp noises*

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I'd say Marlow is planning the trip already :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

What would a potential buyer be looking at re shipping costs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Tumbleweed.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

166man wrote: »
    What would a potential buyer be looking at re shipping costs?

More than the car is worth, that's for feckin' sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Almost perfect condition?

Other than parts of the engine not being were they are suppose to be.

:D

Sorry OP.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

I'd bite your arm off if it was in Carlow/Kilkenny. Preferably outside my house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,450 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Alfa clubs in Ireland or Britain might russle up some interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I would love that engine. Just the engine, box and ecu.

Someday..... *sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 43 festesio

Which Island may i ask?

My dad is in Gran canaria frequently (puerto rico to be exact) could gladly get him to check it out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Do they not have the Donedeal over in the Spain? Put it up for a couple hunderd pesos and see if someone bites... '96 GTV's popping up on DD for under a grand over here and their engines are usually still in the engine bay.

'c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Confab wrote: »
    More than the car is worth, that's for feckin' sure.

If it's in anyway decent condition then a GTV with the 2.0 V6 engine will be worth a far bit in years to come. They are as rare as rocking horse poop as they saying goes.

If I had the space I'd be sorely tempted...:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,717 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yeah the engine is very rare, it's basically a turbocharged smaller Busso V6 engine, more poke than the 3l N/A one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Dwork

It just wasn't going to be in Carlow and already snapped up by some "early bird", was it? The only thing I ever want to bring back from the canaries is some sangria and a tan, tbh. Nice offer OP, btw. I guess Adverts.IC is not all it's cracked up to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 barryo2002

Didn't realise that id get so many posts in such a short time, ill try to answer all without directly quoting anyone or else ill be here all night!
    Shipping costs would be in the region of a grand give or take, if sent in a shared container it might be less.
    When i say its in near perfect condition, i meant aesthetically, no dings, scratches inside our out, granted, a lot of the engine is where the driver and passenger would normally sit, but hey, its free FFS!

There are many car sites over in Spain but i'd love for a real enthusiast to have it, someone willing to go over to the island, bring her back and restore her engine to its former roaring glory. If i sold it in Spain, i can guarantee you that it would be a ricer who bought it and would dismantle the poor thing on order to pack the interior and anything else that would fit, into his Seat Ibiza.............

Its in Fuerteventura, just a 35€ plane trip from Gran Canaria.
    If it was already in ireland it wouldn't be offered up for grabs!
    And yes, the engine is very very rare, it was fitted to the Alfa 2.0 tb 166 also, but that model is also very hard to find.

Basically all of the parts are in the car, as i said all that would be needed are a few gaskets, any collector/enthusiast with a bit of time, space and knowhow could have a very very lovely car, a modern classic in my opinion for the price of getting it shipped to Ireland.

Also, I would insist on visiting it once a month................Visitation rights and all that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

More likely to find the right person over on www.alfaowner.com OP.

Actually saw one of these cars at a trackday in Mondello recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gavshan

The only time I have come across one of these was about 4 years ago on alfaowner.com, the fella was livivg in Galway I think and he sold it for less than a grand soon afterwards. It was a black '95 car though with its own engine issues.

The interesting part thing is that the TB was only ever left hand drive except autolusso on the UK took in 9 of these early models and converted them to right hand drive. The fella imported his from Manchester.

Is this one a right hander? If so it is very rare indeed! Any pics of the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gavshan

A few more details here for those interested. It could actually be the same car!
    http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gtv-and-916-spider/185923-rare-gtv-for-sale.html

Advertisement